PDA

View Full Version : to all those who like kintec racing!!!!

driftah
08-09-2013, 08:09 PM
so I placed an order for some things on kintec for a build on july 20th....Paid with paypal then sat back and waited for 20 days only to have this buffoon ship my package just today as I received a paypal shipping notice....Am I off key here or is this not the worst business practice I have ever experienced......so for all you followers of jan catch an earful of anger. I will be spreading this word to all I know in protest of extremely bad business. I had two customers waiting for build parts in this order so Imagine how they will laugh when I finally say Their stuff has shipped. Unfreakinbelievable .....and sad at the same time Im steaming :bash: Next time I need something not found on here I will ask steve to bring it in or deal direct if possible.Its not about the money its about getting jammed

gsbuickman
08-09-2013, 08:32 PM
Wow, thats nutz :O , thanks for the heads up. I was pondering placing an order with them too......
Although that is strange, i've never had a problem with them......

Doby
08-09-2013, 08:45 PM
Last shipment a month ago took 8 days to Canada....pretty good in my books.

driftah
08-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Just staing my case and paypal rec. to prove shenanigans.Buy from them if you will but be warned on poor transactions and zero intent on return business on my part.Paypal is handling it as I speak....Im done.

Tunda
08-09-2013, 08:58 PM
sounds like your parts was on backorder that's why he took so long to ship........

driftah
08-09-2013, 09:15 PM
ummm yeah that's what took 20 days with zero notification or communication, completely unprofessional....I used to manage a huge audio install facility and this is flat out bad service, If I was out of a product the customer was in the loop at all times. Zero excuse. Textbook customer loss

Basstronics
08-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Ive had the backorder issue before but he will usually notify you or answer your email when you send in.

I recently purchased some small items. Shipping hit $11 I asked if he would refund the difference to which he said yes providing it fir in the smaller box. Showed up in the smaller box and no refund.

I sent a reminder email and no refund a week later... So Im going to send another...

Ive really enjoyed buying from Kintec, but when you dont hold up your end of the bargain its pretty crappy.

driftah
08-10-2013, 09:53 AM
I don't support poor business practices, I work my a$$ off at work everyday and am held accountable so why should this ball of phlegm get my money without even at least sending me a message saying...hey sorry for the delay backorder.....I do see the light as he really is just a middleman with minimal stock collecting cash off us by placing orders when we do with him. I will say this though by screwing me he gets this bad press but also my two customers that got jammed in the deal waiting for invisible parts to arrive plus all the people they tell and so on. I too have informed my local hobbyshop who dabbled in boats and had placed orders from there before and had similar issues, and they agreed it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing there anymore....lesson learned the hard way. Now I have to save some face with my builds and fedex some parts to my door overnight to finish yaaaaay

Fluid
08-10-2013, 10:51 AM
Pissed off or not, name calling reflects poorly on your character, not on the seller's. This is a family site after all.......

Cooper
08-10-2013, 10:55 AM
What was your order?

keithbradley
08-10-2013, 11:13 AM
I don't support poor business practices, I work my a$$ off at work everyday and am held accountable so why should this ball of phlegm get my money without even at least sending me a message saying...hey sorry for the delay backorder.....I do see the light as he really is just a middleman with minimal stock collecting cash off us by placing orders when we do with him. I will say this though by screwing me he gets this bad press but also my two customers that got jammed in the deal waiting for invisible parts to arrive plus all the people they tell and so on. I too have informed my local hobbyshop who dabbled in boats and had placed orders from there before and had similar issues, and they agreed it wasn't worth the hassle of dealing there anymore....lesson learned the hard way. Now I have to save some face with my builds and fedex some parts to my door overnight to finish yaaaaay

While I am familiar with the situation (I've been pretty pissed in the past as well...I don't understand why one wouldn't notify the customer when their order isn't being sent), I think you are off on a couple of issues here...

First, I agree with Fluid. Being more respectful in your post would benefit you. Calling names really minimizes the impact of your statement.

Second, while I'm not validating anyone's business practices, the "collecting cash off of us" part made me laugh. I picture some fat cat sitting back in a leather chair and smoking a cigar while he gets rich off of the trim tabs and rudders that he sells. I have a feeling that you don't have any clue how little the markup is for guys like Jan and Steve. There is a reason that the people in this business still have other jobs. Be upset at his performance if you like, but don't be under the delusion that he is getting rich off of you. These guys are essentially collecting a (very small) commission from helping you out by buying large quantities of parts that would otherwise be unavailable to you.

driftah
08-10-2013, 11:40 AM
Ok I retract the name call,I stand by my other statements though as he Is making money otherwise he wouldn't do it,how much is debateable....Im not about to debate this just wanted to state how a random customer was treated.....

JimClark
08-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Did you by chance look in your spam folder.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Chilli
08-10-2013, 12:32 PM
I've had that problem with a few venders over the past year (never with OSE btw). Something is out of stock so they just leave you hanging and ship three weeks later without notification or even the decency to respond to an email. I don't know if they are afraid the order will be cancelled and don't want to hassle with a refund or what but the practice is not cool!!

driftah
08-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Lol jim,yes I absolutely did especially after 20 days...checked daily as I needed parts badly.whole deal just sux....washin my hands of it.I just find it hilarious that he promptly provided paypal with tracking info when a dispute arose but I never got an answer, meh whatever lol

Doug Smock
08-10-2013, 12:48 PM
I've had that problem with a few venders over the past year (never with OSE btw). Something is out of stock so they just leave you hanging and ship three weeks later without notification or even the decency to respond to an email. I don't know if they are afraid the order will be cancelled and don't want to hassle with a refund or what but the practice is not cool!!

I agree. If it's out of stock, tell me it's out of stock. (as Steven does) You can leave me hanging, but you'll only have that opportunity once.:wink:

driftah
08-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Ya I wouldnt of cancelled,speculation only even here why it even happened...apology for name call just anger.I will remember this when I need supplies again....and yes agreed ose is the best online boat place imo

sundog
08-10-2013, 01:02 PM
It may have been an oversight. I would have emailed Kintec if I were anxious (customers waiting) about an order.

ray schrauwen
08-10-2013, 01:31 PM
This is my only gripe with Kintec. It is hard to tell what is or is not in stock. I do however like the custom painted boats!! Since I trust Steve more I'd rather get my boat hulls from him at this time though...

I agree. If it's out of stock, tell me it's out of stock. (as Steven does) You can leave me hanging, but you'll only have that opportunity once.:wink:

Cooper
08-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Sorry to hear what happened to you. No matter how you look at it, that sucks!! I've had great success with kintec, have had an order held for a few days while waiting for something out of stock (no more than two days) and have had orders sent only to receive out of stock items at another date. I know the email isn't much of a way to get in touch. I just hate to hear about someone's misfortune and anything bad about the few parts suppliers I purchase from.

TheShaughnessy
08-10-2013, 05:26 PM
I ordered some stuff back on June 4th. Most my order showed up, but my pursuit hatch was missing which was apparent by the size of the box. Then I noticed he sent me a 437/3 instead of the 447/3 I ordered. I emailed him about it and he wrote back right away saying its gonna be a while cause they don't like to make just the hatches so the order sits around for a while till someone feels like doing it. 2 months seems like plenty of time to lay up a hatch but idk. I just made my own for the meantime. As for the prop. He said to send it back and he would send the right one out.

Savage Skidoo
08-10-2013, 05:45 PM
I ordered some stuff back on June 4th. Most my order showed up, but my pursuit hatch was missing which was apparent by the size of the box. Then I noticed he sent me a 437/3 instead of the 447/3 I ordered. I emailed him about it and he wrote back right away saying its gonna be a while cause they don't like to make just the hatches so the order sits around for a while till someone feels like doing it. 2 months seems like plenty of time to lay up a hatch but idk. I just made my own for the meantime. As for the prop. He said to send it back and he would send the right one out.

Wow , i hope he get our big order right , thanks for the headz up .

Skullcracken
08-11-2013, 03:02 PM
so I placed an order for some things on kintec for a build on july 20th....Paid with paypal then sat back and waited for 20 days only to have this buffoon ship my package just today as I received a paypal shipping notice....Am I off key here or is this not the worst business practice I have ever experienced......so for all you followers of jan catch an earful of anger. I will be spreading this word to all I know in protest of extremely bad business. I had two customers waiting for build parts in this order so Imagine how they will laugh when I finally say Their stuff has shipped. Unfreakinbelievable .....and sad at the same time Im steaming :bash: Next time I need something not found on here I will ask steve to bring it in or deal direct if possible.Its not about the money its about getting jammed

I believe if there is not a price below the product on his site, its not in stock. It doesn't state not in stock. I've ordered from him often and have never had issues. May be ordering things not in stock. That's one thing his site needs is a notation when something is not in stock. It allows you to order even if not in stock.

driftah
08-11-2013, 06:28 PM
if im paying for something it better be in stock otherwise,delist the item or put out of stock.....I didn't pay for a backorder wait for several days.Ose puts quatities avail which is awesome for planning projects and I use this feature all the time.And I bet steve has waaaay less pissed off people because of it.

Mulisha
08-11-2013, 07:37 PM
If you look at it like the following you can understand be frustrated. You go into your LHS and ask for a boat or parts they don't say that will be $$$ take your money then say BTW it's out of stock, after you paid for it. They tell you upfront it's not in stock and usually a time frame to get it in. Because its all done online and no face to face communication there seems to be that lack of service that you expect and deserve. I bought from someone in South Australia but now just buy from OSE, postage is more but product price and service is much better

i2oadsweepei2
08-13-2013, 08:34 PM
Wow , i hope he get our big order right , thanks for the headz up .

We are good to go. Purchased on the 6th of August, shipped on the 8th and arrived today the 13th to Ontario Canada. Just as prompt as our last order before Xmas.

Livewire121
08-13-2013, 09:09 PM
I placed an order with Jan a few weeks ago, but one of the items was wrong. When I sent Jan an email, he replied and told me it would be a couple weeks, before they were back in stock. I sent him another email last week and I received the item today....thanks Jan.

Cheers,

Richard

TheShaughnessy
08-14-2013, 01:03 AM
Hatch came today.

tlandauer
08-14-2013, 01:23 AM
On Kintec's site, I have always assumed that if an item is out-of-stock, then there isn't a button for click "add to cart'', am I missing something?!
I have never had a problem with Jan, because I always thought I could tell which item is O-O-S. I think he is just too busy and assumes that this relatively small group of people would understand the situation. He stopped answering e-mails but again, I didn't expect he should in the first place. Steven here @OSE is an exceptional business man, we are lucky to have this, but just because we are spoiled here, I am not surprised if I get non-OSE treatments else where.
Anyway, just relating my personal experiences.

Jeff Wohlt
08-16-2013, 01:09 AM
I am guilty as well for taking too much time. I put in 50-60 hours a week running a hotel. I put a banner on my home page about taking a couple weeks as I seem to be the only one making Spartan drives...which seem to be my main business now...arrgggg, I love to do it but I do not have many parts that I just box up and ship. I turn shafts and couplers out of raw stock. I try to confirm I got the orders but I also get behind fast when I can only push out a few orders every few days. So before I get flamed I thought I would step up and let you all know. Thanks for the business as you WILL get your parts but I also put order in line as I feel this is fair.

jetnfast
08-18-2013, 09:43 PM
I am guilty as well for taking too much time. I put in 50-60 hours a week running a hotel. I put a banner on my home page about taking a couple weeks as I seem to be the only one making Spartan drives...which seem to be my main business now...arrgggg, I love to do it but I do not have many parts that I just box up and ship. I turn shafts and couplers out of raw stock. I try to confirm I got the orders but I also get behind fast when I can only push out a few orders every few days. So before I get flamed I thought I would step up and let you all know. Thanks for the business as you WILL get your parts but I also put order in line as I feel this is fair.

I can attest that Jeff sticks to his word and you will eventually get the parts you order, just might take a while depending on what he has going on....I have ordered quite a few Spartan shafts and all arrive no problem.

cybercrxt
08-19-2013, 12:12 AM
Well, being a one man show and not really carrying inventory, it usually takes a couple weeks for customers to get their kits, but I do try to keep them apprised of their order situation. Its tough doing my business on the side and it be super fast turn around. I hope people understand! Mike, www.ml-boatworks.com

Joe007
08-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Driftah take a chil pill bro, I have been doing business with Kintec (Jan) for 4 years and never had a problem. My orders are delivered in two to three days after I order them. I live in Ct and OSE (Steve) is in Mass. My orders from Jan always get here faster that OSE. I don't complain they both have day jobs. I just ordered from Jan on Sunday and it was shipped today. I bet I will have it by Wednesday. I think if I was you I would have emailed or called Jan before 20 days, so I guess shame on you for waiting so long. Also why gripe about a guy who is helping our hobby.
Joe

Cooper
08-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I really only have a few trusted sources for parts, ose, kintec, and Jeff. Haven't ordered from Jeff in a while but I always get it in a timely manner. For someone working and then trying to help others what could he do better? Nothing he gets me parts that I can't make or find else ware and pretty quick!! (Thanks Jeff). Kintec- never had a problem, had some stuff back ordered that arrived a few days later but again can not complain! Thanks jan!! And last but not least, ose, well what can I say? I'm on Steve's forum thanking him!! On Monday I order parts from kintec and ose, Tuesday I got kintec parts and today (wednesday) I see the ose order is locally out for delivery. I just can't fathom the idea of a complaint!!! Thanks Steve!!!!! Now I live about 1-1/2 hours from kintec but a couple states from ose. I do have to say hats off to our failing postal service. Yea they may be in debt but they do get the mail in a pretty darn good timeframe. Ever think about the logistics of a simple package the US POSTAL service has to deal with? It still amazes me when I think about it, knowing I have a problem just going from my desk to the mailbox!!!!! Sometimes I wonder what people expect, these arnt huge companies that have multiple departments with $100k job positions, it's people more dedicated to our hobby way more than I will ever be and still have other jobs and family and a life too!! For me I'm thankful!! Yea it sucks if something I need takes a few long grueling days to arrive but it's still faster and cheaper than me driving or manufacturing myself!! And if by chance something seamed off I would kindly inquire and be patient for a response. Hell we are all human and very capable of mistakes (most likely why we need parts)

Sorry to vent just hate to hear or see ill communications amongst the few sources dedicated to making my life more fun!!

teddyboy
08-21-2013, 11:58 AM
No problem with Kintec or OSE. They have always delivered to on time. Thank goodness for people like these. I am sure that there will be an occasional mishap, but I am sure with correspondence all can be repaired. Just my thoughts. Just a HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!

tlandauer
09-11-2013, 02:30 PM
I needed a UL-1 turn fin and few other items that only Kintec carries, the items came quickly but the UL-1 turn fin was Back Ordered, not only that, I made a mistake and put a quantity of two.
I e mailed Jan and he asked if I want to cancel or hold one, I told him I am in such a hurry that I will use the one I already have from my UL-1 instead. He e mailed back and reassured me total refund is on the way. Got confirmation from PayPal.
The whole process took less than 24 hr. and I did not reply to him for a few hours yesterday, talk about fast and courteous service. ( He explained that he is extremely busy that his e mails are short and are not meant to be blunt)
Anyway, reason that I post again here regarding Kintec is that I have never had to communicate with him regarding any of my orders, and I have always been positive about his service with items that are in stock. I thought I will reflect my positive experience on this kind of situation as well.

Basstronics
09-11-2013, 04:52 PM
Still hasnt made my last purchase right.

Guess its one less place to spend money at now... :ThumbsDown01:

photohoward1
09-11-2013, 06:05 PM
I just placed an order last week. My Paypal was charged but I can't get any response from him if it was shipped or not.

I think I will dispute the charge. I have tried 3 times to get a hold of him. I don't care how busy you are. Bad business is bad business.

properchopper
09-11-2013, 06:19 PM
I just placed an order last week. My Paypal was charged but I can't get any response from him if it was shipped or not.

I think I will dispute the charge. I have tried 3 times to get a hold of him. I don't care how busy you are. Bad business is bad business.

H,

I order from Kintec frequently. Sometimes I get a ship notification, other times the stuff just arrives. Always prompt. Give it a little time. Jan ALWAYS sponsors classes at WW & kicks in drawing prizes.

tlandauer
09-11-2013, 06:26 PM
I regret bringing this thread back, however, if anything needs to be sorted out, like a refund, it is prompt. In my experience with Kintec's practice there is no notification of items being sent, you get yours when it is delivered. I understand this may be frustrating to some people, as someone said above, I am grateful for just having this site to compliment whatever we have here.
I have no problem not knowing if the items are sent or not: because I know they are being sent, knowing a track number is meaningless unless the item is of considerable value. I am not getting preferential treatment here and I am just reflecting and my positive experience has been consistent.

ron1950
09-11-2013, 06:47 PM
ive never had any problems with kentec and have ordered many parts there

photohoward1
09-13-2013, 03:29 PM

No communication is Bad Business. No email or Phone? No more ordering. I disputed the charges and received a refund prompt. He obviously checks his email he just chooses not to respond.
One piece of advice to all you young guys out there. Successful business people are good communicators. MY clients can email me or phone me. I answer or get right back....Oh yeah there is this new thing on my phone called...VOICEMAIL! Never a busy signal. Then again if he doesn't' answer email why answer voice mail? Just another goofy vendor...I'm Out!

Steven Vaccaro
09-13-2013, 04:50 PM
My orders are delivered in two to three days after I order them. I live in Ct and OSE (Steve) is in Mass. My orders from Jan always get here faster that OSE.
Joe

Are you sure???? I HAVE to disagree a WEEEEEE bit.

You have 3 orders in the last 4 weeks

1st order placed sept 2, shipped 3rd, received 5th : 3 days from the order to the door.
2nd order placed sept 5, shipped 6th, received 9th : 4 days from the order to the door.
3rd order placed sept 5, shipped 6th, received 7th : 2 days from the order to the door.

Hope this is a bit of a refresher.

SloHD
09-13-2013, 05:18 PM
Personally I have no problems with either. Steve is definently faster, and more comforting to order from.

ron1950
09-13-2013, 05:56 PM
Personally I have no problems with either. Steve is definently faster, and more comforting to order from.

I agree totally but I do use kentec occationally with no problems

tiqueman
09-14-2013, 09:43 AM
I've ordered several things from Jan. i have received shipments w/ notes inside with items backordered but fortunately they have never been anything important. I just placed a small order with Kintec Thursday night and received shipping confirmation this am. Like OSE, Ill give them both 5 stars. And both always reply to any emails Ive sent in a timely manner. Sometimes, with any specialty place, one has to just keep the mentality that you are not the only one out there with questions. I run a small construction company and cant believe the amount of calls and emails I get in a 24hr period.. A lot more people seem to be spending on RC boats than remodels so even if it takes them a couple days to get back, I think theyre both doing great.

So thank you to both Kintec and OSE. :beerchug:

Maciek74
03-12-2014, 05:44 AM
I made order 6th march (week ago), was thinking i will get any confirmation to my order after i pay, got nothing, then i started to worry, now found this thread... also no replies to my emails no address, no phone number, I hope those who have good experiece here are right, but i really want to know how long should i wait for shipment. Can someone who know this seller call him and ask for it in my name please?

Regards
Ernest

Edit: Jan just contacted me, shipment tomorrow :) wow that was fast :)

pescador
03-12-2014, 10:58 AM
OSE and Kintec are the two fastest delivering FE suppliers I use that deliver to Canada without overblown shipping charges. According to Paypal I spent $14,000 last year, a couple of the well known guys that supply specialized products took a few months to ship, one took 6 months! It seems everyone can have occasional lapses in communication when they are busy.

gsbuickman
03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
I shop almost exclusively thru Kintec & OSE with no issues :cool:

Yeah occasionally I order from Tower Hobbies, Amazon or 1 of my eBay suppliers like Phil's hobby shop for bargain deals or sales, but I wouldn't fret over a week. If you ordered from Kintec, its all good ..... :thumbup:

ron1950
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Jan does not do much email don't worry about it it will show up sooner or later...there is a phone number in your paypal details section but hardly ever gets answered so leave a message....

Jlov
03-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Just my two cents. I have placed 12 orders from Kintec since Dec.1st. They are in Mass and I am in Florida. Every single order was at my door in 3 days and not a single missing part or back ordered item. Get email the following morning after order and tracking lets me know delivery day. Same with OSE as I've made about same amount of orders and always an email with tracking following the order and to my door in 3days. Love both these places. As both places have some items the other does not. I'm just happy to be able to order online and get it with in the same week. We all know ordering over seas can be several weeks to receive.

Fella1340
03-12-2014, 10:42 PM
I just placed an order after I read through all this for over $200. I know it will show up in a timely manner, under 10 says is fine and if it doesn't paypal is there to make sure i don't lose a thing. It's an ideal setup. If I was in a rush for parts I needed yesterday there are other options, places you can pick up the phone and call, pay for premium shipping and considerably more for your parts and get them in a guaranteed time frame (supposedly). Any email I have sent to kintec after a reasonable amount of time has past has been responded to. I don't imagine he will bother to take the time with hotheads though given how busy he is in the first place. He likely doesn't want them a customers either.
I have fired a few customers over the years to their astonishment, ones spent a good deal of money with me, piece of mind is worth a lot sometimes!

Spartanator
03-26-2014, 11:25 PM

I have yet to run a wire drive from you on my Spartan, will eventually place that order! I am just confused on what the heck I need... WEll want! lol

I have never had a bad experience from Kintec, I actually use to prefer Kintec over OSE but that has changed due to my Paypal account being locked (under 18).... I always try and split orders!

5/2/14: Parts ordered from Jeff Wholt, order placed April 17th (Sunday) order shipped 5/2/14 (Friday). He even corrected my order because I may have selected the wrong coupler! Here is the tracking so you can see for yourself: USPS Tracking (https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1=940550969993842273 2820)

silvermansteve
04-03-2014, 11:53 PM
no problems with kintec. also, if there were a delay, i'd take into consideration he's a one man band. but there have not been any delays in any event. he has more credibility with me than op.

arnie84
04-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Kintec only problems not saying parts r backordered, but shipping no problem. Wohltz is great on info and email responce, but web site needs to be more inviting & user friendly. They also just lagg on shipping, but quality of wire drives is worth the wait.

OSE:thumbup:

Others::::: fun rc boats & Tower hobbies also respectable

hardabz
06-25-2014, 02:00 PM
When inquiring about custom boat offering/options on Kintec's website, Jan responded to my initial email. But has yet to respond to my 2nd & 3rd follow-up emails, leading up to cost/purchase details. And this was over a week ago.

Communication is a required component in business transactions. And a prompt response is always desired between both parties. If that doesn't take place, it says to me that you don't care if we do business or not? Even if you can't deliver for whatever reason, just say so by communicating that to the other party. That would be more acceptable than not responding or communicating at all.

revoltrunner
06-25-2014, 03:07 PM
waiting on a slow seller can get aggravating sometimes.
what irks me more is being overcharged for shipping.
I just received a package the other day. it was a small bubble
mailer first class mail that weighed 2oz , I was charged $6.75
actual shipping would have been around $2.00 add .25 for the
envelope and .10 for the label give the guy a $1.00 for handling
and I paid double. that makes me think twice before placing an order.