PDA

View Full Version : running in salt water

Lunker101
07-14-2008, 08:42 PM
Im probably going to order a blackjack tonight and its been almost a decade since i've run RC boats. I used to just give my boat a good spray with the hose and dip the lower part of the boat in a 5gal bucket of freshwater and give the motor a slow run. Any tips on how to clean a boat after a saltwater run?

crazzy maxx
07-14-2008, 11:03 PM
the guy who i bought mine off of ran it in salt and never cleaned it and i had to put about $200 into it. so you have to clear it out. make sure you spry water into the water cooling system and you should pick up some corrosion x to help as well

Lunker101
07-15-2008, 01:06 AM
I figured the cooling system would be one of the most important things to clean. Whats the best way to do that, just run the boat in freshwater for a bit? How would i use the corrosion x, just spray it in? Thanks

crazzy maxx
07-15-2008, 07:04 AM
take the nozzel of the hoze and spry the water into the pick up for about a minute.
the corrsion x i never used but i heasr it helps alot. i need to pick up some. i wash all my parts and that works good to

ddeem72
07-19-2008, 01:07 AM
Keep it dry...Tape hatch, lot of lube on the prop shaft and relocate the antenna... Re-lube the prop shaft after your done with the salt runs.

Any other suggestions? I am running in salt for a week next month...