PDA

View Full Version : Airtronics/sanwa issues.

ozzie-crawl
08-08-2013, 11:43 PM
Anyone running a Airtronics radio (mt4 etc)
Mine keeps dropping signal in 2 different boats (different recievers). For some reason it is only when facing me just after I have turned and about to give it more throttle input It just drops out. Aerials are a good 3" out of the hull. One has carbon floor the other does not.
Anyone else have/had similar issues.

MrEvoMan
08-09-2013, 10:05 AM
Receiver power dropping? With the MT-4 you should be able to watch the telemetry of the voltage to the receiver to tell. Are you running a separate BEC from the ESC?

SloHD
08-09-2013, 11:58 AM
Receiver power dropping? With the MT-4 you should be able to watch the telemetry of the voltage to the receiver to tell. Are you running a separate BEC from the ESC?

Not if he's running fhss2 or 3 receivers... Which I bet he is. What receivers?

ozzie-crawl
08-09-2013, 06:26 PM
Both run separate ubecs. Both receivers are fhss4.
Beginning to think it may be user error. Been playing with rc cars last couple of years and after setting end points I move the throttle epa up (100%-120%)
Some car esc, s work better when this is done so I did it when programming the boat esc, s as I am sure I read a thread some were say to move the end point after calibration.
1 boat has a 200a swordfish the other has 2 x 120a swordfish esc, s.
I am wondering if this is moving the center point/neutral range or causing some other problem.