PDA

View Full Version : Water cooling Line

JLShip
08-08-2013, 11:10 PM
Question
Just received new Revolt 30, Cooling lines not in good shape (kink) and split at fittings.
What size are the water lines?, new 5/32 silicone, fits motor ,but pulls off a little easier than stock. 2ND ? Is there, Brass fittings with longer nibbles for the cooling ring on motor (Stock)?
By the way what size are the fittings ?
Any help

Jim S

Mike Caruso
08-12-2013, 06:42 PM
I found gasoline yellow fuel line at he HS that fits nice and tight plus has a thicker wall. If Hobby shop does not have it try lawn mover shop. Sorry don't know the size.

JLShip
08-21-2013, 10:42 AM
I found gasoline yellow fuel line at he HS that fits nice and tight plus has a thicker wall. If Hobby shop does not have it try lawn mover shop. Sorry don't know the size.

Mike
Thanks for your replay....I remembered that when using 5/32 water line( Larger line), you can cut a small piece of the 3/32 W/L about 3/16 wide and use it as a collar, put it around the larger line, were the larger line attaches to the fitting. It gives you a tighter fit...Old Gas/ Nitro trick.
Memory is starting to come Back......:smile:

Being the new guy on the Dock, your reply was appreciated.

Phoebe
08-21-2013, 05:42 PM
JLShip, That's a great idea using the next size tubing as a band clamp. Thanks!

Last night was the first time I flodded due to a blown line. Well, it might not have been blown.. maybe I left it unconnected. Either way bad results and a good, long swim.