PDA

View Full Version : Reaching Aquacraft customer support by email?

fox88gt
08-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Hi guys,

New to FE boats (electric RC on-road racer normally) and just purchased a Revolt from the LHS two weeks ago. I've been having so much fun with this boat, it is a very well built vessel and runs awesome, but I had an issue on my 3rd run. The flex shaft broke right where it meets the prop shaft, sending the prop to the bottom of the pond :doh: Just prior to that run, I had removed to flex shaft to inspect it and regrease it. I installed the shaft leaving a 4-5mm gap behind the strut to let the shaft contract, like the manual says to do. I was really bummed out losing the prop. Thankfully the rest of the shaft was in the tube and the boat didn't sink. I've upgraded the shaft and have a new stock prop now but I was really hoping the stock flex shaft would last more than 3 runs, especially because I was taking care to maintain it. Running bone stock with a 4s 5000 40c, just a few tuning changes to make it run less wet.

I tried to reach AQ by email to see if they could send me a new prop, but I have heard nothing back (been a week now). I understand at this performance level things can break etc., but I was hoping it would last more than 3 runs. If it broke after 6 runs, I'd tell myself too bad, thats what I get for not upgrading the shaft. It was a bummer having to spend $50 for a replacement shaft, prop, drive dog, and prop nut on my 3 day old boat:doh: (wife wasn't too happy about that).

I don't mean this to sound negative in any way towards Aquacraft because they built a very fine vessel here. I just got a bad flexshaft I think. Would I have better luck reaching them by phone? I appreciate any input I can get and thanks for this awesome forum!

Jeff

Fluid
08-05-2013, 10:18 AM
Welcome aboard Jeff. I am sorry to hear about your broken shaft, that is pretty short life. Instead of waiting for an e-mail from AQ Customer Service, I'd just give them a call. They have a very good rep for takikng care of customers.

jschab
08-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Call Aquacraft. I had some problems with my Revolt and they sent replacement parts out the same week. Great customer support.

fox88gt
08-09-2013, 09:47 AM
I spoke with Jeff on the phone at AQ customer support this morning. They did recieve my email and responded, but my spam filter must have gotten it before I had a chance to read it. All I had to do was send shipping information and a photo of the receipt - sounds like they are gonna send replacement parts my way:banana:

Needless to say, I'm pretty darn happy with Aquacraft! If it wasn't for my wonky email I bet I'd have the parts already. Thanks OSE and Aquacraft:buttrock:

Jeff

Steven Vaccaro
08-09-2013, 10:04 AM
The aqua cables tend to be weak at that soldered area.
Id suggest getting a cable assembly from another source. :biggrin:

fox88gt
08-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Thankfully I am friends with the manager at the hobby store and he sold me an upgraded flexshaft when I purchased a replacement prop, drive dog and prop nut. 12+ runs on the new shaft and looks good. Its so easy to remove the shaft to inspect and regrease, I do it after every run now. I certainly wont risk losing a prop or sinking the boat with a stock flex shaft. Thanks:)