PDA

View Full Version : Miss geico 29 v2 not 6s conpatible? How could it run in 50mph?

waterproof
07-31-2013, 05:26 PM
Hi.

I will like to know more about the miss geico 29 v2 boat.
On proboat homepage its stands it only could run on 4s, its also stands that it could run about 50mph.
How could that be possible? Someone have testing the speed at stock boat with 4s with gps?

How will the miss geico run on 4s vs the impulse 31 v2 with 4s?
The difference between impulse 31 v2 and miss geico is that the geico have 20 less amp esc and 300 lower kv motor?

Proboat says both boats is capebility to reach 50mph and i Wonder how the geico could do that when the 4s is maximum setup?

angrycat
07-31-2013, 05:57 PM
geico would probably not hit more than 45 if it was tuned properly. impulse and blackjack are running 1800kv 6 pole motors which run great on 4s and can swing a decent sized prop so with the right cog and strut tuning it could possibly hit 45-50 on 4s but anything past 50 is going to be 6s

iop65
08-01-2013, 01:54 AM
the Geico weights less ,a cat has less drag...
it just needs less power to obtain the same speed
do not be fooled be a lower kv motor ,they have more torque and because of that the refs. don't drop as much under load !

BHChieftain
08-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Hi,
The stock ESC on the Miss Geico is not rated for 22.2volts which is 6S, which is why they can't state it is 6S capable. On 4S it can hit 50mph if set up right. My son runs this boat and it is close to 50 on stock motor and ESC, running a sharpened/balanced x642 prop. I did upgrade the connectors to 5.5mm bullets and blueprinted the sponsons. It runs very cool so could take a bit more prop which would get it over the 50 mark.

Cats are way more efficient in the water than mono hulls, so can go much faster with lower power drive systems.

Chief

waterproof
08-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I understand :) a cat is more smooth to the water and its run faster on the same setup vs a v hull.
Do anyone have no idea how the miss Geico 29 run all Stock on 4s out of the Box?

I was not impressed of the speed on the impulse 31 on 4s, is was slow and its no way to get it to Reach 55km as the Box says with 4s but maby the Geico can do that?

Do a cat accelerate faster than a v hull? The impuse use some time to reach top speed from the start, the first 2 sec it not happend mutch :)

BHChieftain
08-05-2013, 10:50 PM
I understand :) a cat is more smooth to the water and its run faster on the same setup vs a v hull.
Do anyone have no idea how the miss Geico 29 run all Stock on 4s out of the Box?

I was not impressed of the speed on the impulse 31 on 4s, is was slow and its no way to get it to Reach 55km as the Box says with 4s but maby the Geico can do that?

Do a cat accelerate faster than a v hull? The impuse use some time to reach top speed from the start, the first 2 sec it not happend mutch :)

See post #84 on my setup/mod thread-- I have a video of the boat running on 4S with x642 prop (stock motor and ESC)
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?41146-Miss-Geico-dialed-in-strut-modification/page3

Chief

iop65
08-06-2013, 03:58 AM
waterproof , when i reed your post i can only think that you are obsessed with "speed":biggrin:
we all are
but when i reed things like " the first 2 seconds nothing happens " i think that you do not completely understand how yout boat works

surface drive , does that ring any bell?

it should and then you would realize that it's murder for your esc to go from laying dead in the water to 100% throttle

i'm pretty sure the geico will do the 55km stock on 4s
but a geico is much more difficult to get running good

waterproof
08-06-2013, 05:07 AM
Nice video you got there :-)

Ipo65: Yes you have right :p
I understand why the impulse not drive faster up to top speed from start, it must be the deep v hull, a cat is on top of the surface and not give mutch resistance to the water :-)

I realy want a cat but like you said its not so easy to get it drive stabile as the v hull, most people with experiance say that, but you know me now, speed speed speed :p

BHChieftain
08-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Mono is a great choice for a first boat as you can drive it in most any water and wind condition. Cat makes a great 2nd boat, a hydro a great 3rd! They all handle differently.
FYI, here's a video we made on the same day as the Miss G run-- this is with my p-limited hydro. I'm racing against a mono, and our rule when we don't have buoys is the faster boat has to stay on the outside. My friend tries to keep a big circle so I can't run straight so I end up scrubbing a lot of speed. When I get slightly ahead (which I didn't in this video), I am able to turn in front of him and make tight turns and then pull away with a straight run-- it is a fun cat and mouse game when you have different classes/speeds of boats. The winner is usually determined by who is able to control the shape of the oval.

Towards the end my other friend gets his Proboat Mystic cat in the water-- he used a UL1 2030kv motor, AQ60A esc, stock prop (same as your impulse), 4S. I'm pretty sure he was running over 50mph. He got his speed from more kv, smaller prop (and setup really well). My miss geico runs about 45mph I think (I have not GPS's it), less kv but a larger prop. I could put an even larger prop on with the 1500kv motor and pick up more speed.

http://youtu.be/zGl5AtRTquI

Chief

waterproof
08-22-2013, 04:21 PM
I understand, i could change motor to more kv and get more speed or use it stock with larger prop :)

how big prop could be used on a stock geico with 4s to be on the safe side without changing connectors?

What is realy a bigger prop do so it could stress the Electronic? Puts more amp og more rpm to the motor?

BHChieftain
08-22-2013, 04:37 PM
I would not run larger than stock prop on stock connectors ( I mean the metal pro boat prop that comes with blackjack or impulse)

If you bump up to 5.5connectors then x642 or m445 on stock motor/ESC on 4s
Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

waterproof
08-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Ok, is thw metal prop from impulse bigger and how mutch more will it go with the impulse 31 prop?
How could i be sure that i not overprop it?
What do a bigger prop do to the electroinic since it been warmer?

BHChieftain
08-22-2013, 10:29 PM
I think the stock miss geico plastic prop is the same size as the impulse 31 prop. But the plastic flexes and has less speed than a sharpened and balanced metal prop.

If you want to order one, it is listed as "Proboat Stiletto 1.6x2.5" (diameter is 1.6", total pitch is 2.5". Note, other props do not use the same conventions...).

You check overpropping by running the boat for 2 min, bringing it in, and check the temps. If you can't keep your finger on anything (motor, connectors, esc, lipos) for at least 10 seconds it is too hot. If the prop is too big and pulls too many amps, your ESC will fail and possibly catch fire.

Chief

waterproof
08-27-2013, 05:00 PM
You always give good answers! :)

I have looked at the proboat blackjack 29 on youtube, is this the same boat as Geico but the blackjack have the same esc and motor like impulse 31 v2?
It looks like a rocket, so maby later i could change out the esc to the 80 amp from proboat an run it on 5-6s.
Miss Geico and blackjack is 100% like exept the esc and motor? or have it bigger flex?

Im impressed of the accsleration and top speed of the proboat cat hulls With 5-6s battery setup:D

bdp1174
08-27-2013, 10:24 PM
I like running 4s on this hull with a 2150 tacon motor.Thus is my stock mystic with just an esc upgrade to a seaking 180 and a 55 dollar tacon motor from hobbypartz.Still need to set it up a lil better but its quick already on an m445 prop.

Here is a vid I got from on monday with it.

http://youtu.be/TFMDfP11n-A

BHChieftain
08-28-2013, 09:02 AM
You always give good answers! :)

I have looked at the proboat blackjack 29 on youtube, is this the same boat as Geico but the blackjack have the same esc and motor like impulse 31 v2?
It looks like a rocket, so maby later i could change out the esc to the 80 amp from proboat an run it on 5-6s.
Miss Geico and blackjack is 100% like exept the esc and motor? or have it bigger flex?

Im impressed of the accsleration and top speed of the proboat cat hulls With 5-6s battery setup:D

Hi, The MIss G and the Blackjack have the same hulls, different color. Blackjack has a higher kv motor and higher amp esc (80amp, and it is rated to 6s VOLTAGE, but you've seen my other posts about reliability on running 6S on an 80A esc), and also has offset rudder. Comes with a metal prop. Rest of the boat is identical, including the flex drive.

Chief