PDA

View Full Version : Water in the hull

krusty
07-13-2008, 10:22 PM
New to the RC boat addiction but I am thoroughly hooked. :banana: I tried nimh batteries in my boat once and quickly put in 2 2s 5000 mah lipos. I have 2 3s 6000mah on order can't wait to see the boat fly but I digress. My question is I seem to get at least 1 to 2 ounces of water in my hull when I run my boat. This is after I taped the deck down and put in a spectrum receiver out of a helicopter so that I had no antenna sticking out of the hull so the hole for the original antenna was also completely sealed. And like I say I still had 1 to 2 ounces of water in my hull after I ran for 20 to 25 minutes is this normal?

Mich. Maniac
07-13-2008, 10:37 PM
20-25minute runtime? I would say its prolly from driveshaft if that amount is coming in. If you have done bathtub type test for about 10 minutes and no water that is likely the problem. Alot of people are using a small piece of fuel tube around stuff tube to kinda seal and act like a splash guard.

Ub Hauled
07-14-2008, 01:13 AM
Krusty, 20 minutes of runtime?!
That is a lot for a 6000mAh pack man,
could you share your trick?
What hull are you running, is it the BJ26 in your avatar?
if it is the BJ26, it's likely not the stuffing tube since it stays so
high above the water line (Sorry Mich. Maniac), take a really close look
around the parts that do touch the water (on motion and still) and
make sure that there is no crack on the hull. I'd also look at the
hardware screws, if you did not seal them there is
a good chance water is coming thru there.

krusty
07-14-2008, 09:17 AM
To be honest the boat was in the water for over half an hour because I was having range issues with my spectrum receiver the AR- 6100. So I estimated 20 to 25 minutes of runtime and I only running 2 2s 5000 mah Max Amps lipo's. Thank you for your advice I'm going to check all my hardware because I did not steal it and grease my flex shaft, yes I'm running the stock BJ 26 hull. When I have a chance to seal everything and put the boat back in the water I will make sure that I have an accurate wide open runtime and I will post it.