PDA

View Full Version : Stuffing tube teflon insert-how long?

Bart Marshall
07-13-2008, 08:40 PM
Aqua Craft sent me a new SV after my first one cracked the hull down both sides. Pulled everything out of the hull to epoxy the wood and align stuffing tube with flex coupler. Slid coupler toward motor as far as key would allow and am still almost up against stuffing tube-maybe 1/16" clearence. So I twisted and pushed stuffing tube toward the rear and now the prop shaft bushing sticks out slightly past the rear of the stut. Should I cut off some of the stuffing tube? Also, when I push the prop shaft into the stuffing tube two 1 3/4" pieces of teflon tube came out-I could stop this from happening because it just caught the sharp leading edge but I am concerned because the teflon tube isn't near as long as the stuffing tube and it is in two pieces. Can this be right? Lastly, the stuffing tube is lower then the motor coupler and when I push the prop shaft in it can't slid into coupler without bending it upward. Do I try to bend the end of the stulling tube upward to line up with the coupler-and how do I do this. Or do I push the stuffing tube out the back and enlarge the hole in the wood mount so I can raise the tube and epoxy it in. Sorry about all the questions-any help would be appreciated. Thanks

planezero
07-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Wow thats a lot of questions :bounce:
Ill attempt to answer a few...

At the back of my SV the strut bushing sticks out ever so little out of the strut, like 0.25 mm.

When I placed and tightened the motor, I could feel a huge difference when turning the shaft (at the propellor end) between when the flex cable was in and when it was out of the (loosened) hex coupler.
What I mean is that the brass tubing was not exactly aligned with the hex coupler as it came from the factory. So I stuck in an allen wrench and bent it slightly (upwards in my case) until it aligned perfectly.
This took care of a lot of binding.

3 Slide the teflon tubing backwards until you hit the end of the strut bushing. Then cut it where the brass tubing ends.
The length of the teflon tubing is 7,5 inches as it comes from the factory.

Berry