PDA

View Full Version : 1/6 scale Jetsprint boats and 30mm Jet drives

mickieb49
07-27-2013, 07:59 PM
Hi Guy's,
Not too sure if this is the correct area to post this thread but i have bbeen working on production of a 30mm Jet unit, it has a 30mm dia Alloy impeller, ABS body, Trimmable Nozzel. This is a Mixed flow jet and has a much better performance than the Graupners and KMB units out there.
I am looking at releasing the units within the next 6-8 weeks as i am now waiting for the injection molds to be completed, They will also have the availability of being transferred into a 2 stage unit with only an addiition of another set of impeller/ flow straightener and a connecting ring.
Also due to be released will be 2 types of hulls to suit the jet units , they will be a 1/6 scale 650mmm long jetsprint, and a 850mm long Marathon river race jetsprint hull, these hulls will be vacuum formed ABS, construction will have to be done by the purchaser, pictures of the huls will be a few weeks away, i have attached some 3d prints of the jet units so you get a look at them.
I haven't set the price in yet but thinking somewhere around the $130-150USD ea? Hulls will be around the $130USD Ea mark.
Regards al Mick

Mike Caruso
07-27-2013, 09:27 PM
Mick,
So glad you are working on a pump. How efficient will to be? Will you be listing the thrust, motor used, ESC and batteries used in your testing? Can't wait for a good one that everyone can run.
Good luck.
Mike

Basstronics
07-27-2013, 09:40 PM
Pump looks awesome. Price seems a bit high for ABS hulls?

mickieb49
07-28-2013, 12:46 AM
Mick,
So glad you are working on a pump. How efficient will to be? Will you be listing the thrust, motor used, ESC and batteries used in your testing? Can't wait for a good one that everyone can run.
Good luck.
Mike

Hi Mike,
I'm not too sure how to measure the thrust, but i will certainly try my best to report on everything about them once they are ready. I was going to use a Leopard 4074 1600kv motor with a 120 amp esc on 4s lipo. These units have been a work in progress for over 10+ years and have only become a reality now. The performance will match the effeciency of the larger cousins of the Swashdrives and Jettecs, as it is a mixed flow pump with overlapping blades and the trimmable nozzel. I am doing a initial run of 1000 units.
As for the price on the hulls it isn't locked in concrete yet but you will get a Alloy rollcage, SS jetunit cover, and 2 prepainted drivers, So it isn't just the bare hulls, i will offer infused carbon hulls at a later date but that is dependant on the demand.
thanks for looking guy's, i will be updating this thread as the news becomes available
Regards Mick

Basstronics
07-28-2013, 07:51 AM
OK now that sounds more like it!

I will be watching for updates. Always wanted a jet boat.

srislash
07-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Mmm,good work on the jets. I had done a load of research in hopes of building my own many years back. Glad to see fruitition I imagine Mick :banana:. I shall be very interested as I love my NQD(bit small) and have a 28mm in a scratch built flatbottom( my avatar). I look forward to the release and pics.
I don't know if a 120 will quite be enough though you shouldn't see spikes so much with a jet it does take a greater steady load to maintain pressure. I've been meaning to put the ET on the NQD.

Great work,Shawn

TheShaughnessy
07-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Looks awesome. My first boat was a jet drive but the hull was too big for the drive. I've been wanting to build my own drive for a while now but don't have the time, money or knowledge really. I'll be impatiently waiting for the test video.

Mike Caruso
07-29-2013, 08:38 PM
One jet unit should be able to be tuned for many motor / battery combo's. Just like real jet pumps can work with 300 HP or 1200 HP and more engines by changing the impeller. Key is us RC guys we will be needing different impellers as one size does and will not fit all. Check out this guy who has lived with the real jet boat pumps and is a guru after many years http://hi-techperformance.com/ nose around in his tech stuff.
Great guy.
Mike

mickieb49
07-29-2013, 11:52 PM
Hey Guy's,
Thanks for the feedback guy's, it is most appreciated, and i will sure to be loading the first testing video once i get the time .
Mike , at the moment i will only be releasing one impeller with it but i will be releasing different pitch ones at a later date, but for now i will be doing all the expensive research into motors and will report back with the best motor to suit this drive/impeller setup.
If you have any questions please ask away.
Regards Mick

TheShaughnessy
09-12-2013, 01:08 AM
?
??

mickieb49
09-12-2013, 02:21 AM
???
Not too sure if i follow you,
Jet units are still a little while off, the impellers will not be ready untill after the 25th so will not be able to put in an update untill after then, please remember i am making 350 jet units and about the same in boat hulls.
As i get some more updates i will sure to be updating here
regards Mick

mickieb49
09-12-2013, 06:33 PM
Mike, the jet units have already been tested, the testing I have to do is with the hulls, that is why I have a 3d printer, the jet unit I have printed out is not a fully functional unit but is enough to prove the design, and I have been playing around with impeller/ flow straightener designs for the past 10 years.
I really do not want the customer to be scape goats and work out any issues, this is simply not good business.
On another hand I have also been playing around with designs for a race hovercraft, the intent is use really cheap electrics and race them on the tidal sand flats round where I live, but also to provide a inexpensive but good quality entry into hovercrafts. I am going to vacuum form the hulls out of ABS.
Warm regards Mick

Mike Caruso
09-12-2013, 07:11 PM
Cool I had to go back and read that you have been playing with the jet pump for ten years.......Best Mike

TheShaughnessy
09-17-2013, 01:32 AM
Is that the 25 th of this month? Got a hull I wana try a jet drive in, was thinking a 29 mm graupner at first but then I remembered these.

mickieb49
09-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi Mate,
Yes that is the 25th of this month, but that is when the impellers will be finished being machined.
Got the first trial run parts of the jet units, got a few modifications to get done but it will not be very far off at all.
By the way, good luck getting a Graupner unit, as Graupner has folded and there will not be any more units or parts available soon. I will also have the hulls available soon, finished the bottom half of the mold, just got to do the top and the cowl then I will be making these in fiberglass , I will be supplying 3 different hulls, one that is about the 500mm long, 650mm long (Jetsprint hulls) and another that will be a Marathon river race jet boat 800mm long.
Here is a picture of the injected parts so far.105321
Warm regards Mick

TheShaughnessy
09-25-2013, 04:53 PM
You are right about the graupner drives, didn't realize they went under. I know a guy that makes replacement parts, or at least he has made a part for me when I still had my 29 mm drive. Are you accepting pre orders? I'll buy one of your drives and do my own R & D on motors if you get one put together. Maybe you could cut me a lil break on your prototype and ill be sure to give you feed back.

mickieb49
09-26-2013, 12:04 AM
You are right about the graupner drives, didn't realize they went under. I know a guy that makes replacement parts, or at least he has made a part for me when I still had my 29 mm drive. Are you accepting pre orders? I'll buy one of your drives and do my own R & D on motors if you get one put together. Maybe you could cut me a lil break on your prototype and ill be sure to give you feed back.

Hi, Thanks for the offer, and may take you up on that, as long as you will put your honest findings on the pump here for everyone to read.
I am still waiting for the impellers to be finished, plus the finalisation of the injection molds will hopefully be done very soon.
Will keep everyone updated as the progress continues.
Regards Mick

Savage Skidoo
09-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Iv'e been looking for a pump also , looks GREAT . Mike

Darin Jordan
09-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Hi Guy's,
I haven't set the price in yet but thinking somewhere around the $130-150USD ea? Hulls will be around the $130USD Ea mark.
Regards al Mick

Mick,

Count me in! I've been wanting to put together a JetSprint for some time, just for the fun of it! Let us know when, where, and how much.

TheShaughnessy
09-29-2013, 02:08 PM
Darin we should make a NAMBA class and course for jet sprint. It's been a dream of mine for years. Now if we could get a quality pump at a decent price.... Money is burning for a jet pump . Have a cheap hull with a shallow vee waiting to experiment with.

mickieb49
09-29-2013, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the keen words guy's,
I have to wait for china to get back from a puplic holiday before i can get some progress updates from the manufacture of the pumps, also get a transformer for my vacuum former.
Plans for the jetsprint hull and the Marathon river race jet boats are getting closer too, hopefully i will be able to cnc the plugs out in the comming weeks.
I have also got hold of a supplier that i am a wholesaler for now for the ESC and motors, Just wondering if it is actually worth putting this option out there for everyone? Also thinking on more like the $120USD each for the pump , and around the $130USD for the hulls, kit for $299 ( this will include the Pump, Hull, Rollcage ( CNC fittings) , Dummy drivers, stainless pump cover, Uni joint for the drive shaft.
I do really appreciate everyone's patience, this has been a long winded wait, hopefully it is worth it.
Warm regards Mick

srislash
09-29-2013, 05:14 PM
This all sounds great Mick. Look forward to it coming together.

TheShaughnessy
09-29-2013, 06:44 PM
Got 120 ready to go for the first one

TheShaughnessy
10-06-2013, 07:32 PM
Any updates?

mickieb49
10-07-2013, 03:36 AM
Hi, no sorry nothing yet, still waiting for the impellers to be finished, also waiting for the final changes I had to make with the injection molded parts.
I am so sorry for the long wait, unfortunately china had a public holiday for that past week and that really buggered me up.
Again I am sorry for the wait, I will do my best to make it up .
Regards mick

TheShaughnessy
10-08-2013, 12:59 AM
Don't stress it. I will patiently wait.

Mike Caruso
10-08-2013, 10:08 AM
Hi Mick,
I see it is coming along very nicely. I have a question I know you have been testing for ten years off and on. I wonder what size motors and cells you have used? Juts tring to get an Idea of power required to turn that impeller?
Best,
Mike
P.S. Like TheShaughnessy says 'Don't stress it. I will patiently wait.'

TheShaughnessy
10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Hey mike, mic probably has a better answer but if I can get my hands on one im going to power it with a 1800 kv proboat, I'd prefer to use a 1500 kv but the wires on the one I have are kinda sketchy, got it pretty hot a few times.

No idea on how this one will perform, and I feel bad even comparing it to a graupner drive ( because it seems to be a much better design. ) but that's all I have to go off. My personal experience/ observation with the 29mm graupner drive was that one you got to a certain rpm it was maxed out. Once I hit 3/4 throttle I was pretty much at max speed. I could squeeze the trigger more and would hear more rpm but not see any increase in speed. A few of us on RCU agreed the max effeceincy RPM was right around 21,000. I don't think we were using stock drive lines though. I know I changed the stock tubing for one that fit a .150 flex with a 3/16 stub. I didn't use a Teflon liner, but if I were to do it again I definitely would because I never could keep the water out and I'm fairly certain it was getting force up through the drive line. My original intent with that was to be able to use a drive dog and be able to use a Cu prop but wasn't able to because I couldn't fit the drive dog, prop and a nut between the guide vanes and the new tubing so I ended up taking the threaded insert piece from a stock prop that got chewed up and force fitted it into a 3/16 bore Cu prop. That ended up working pretty good with a s220 I had. it was a lil banged up so I figured it wasn't much of a loss if it didn't work out. I put it on a flex ran it through some brass tubing with some grease then clamped that down with my rotary tool hooked up to the flex. Spun it up and ground it down until it fit.

The two pumps use a completely different impeller design. The graupner impeller is just a 2 eared surface piercing prop design it isn't really an impeller at all, more a prop in a jet pump, mics design mimics a true impeller design found in full size jet pumps so his may not max out like the graupner.

Here is a pretty bad still camera vid of a set up I used to have.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ci9MClaNB4&feature=c4-feed-u Pretty sure it was the stock plastic prop here. Not a good hull and pump match (didnt know any better at the time, but it was entertaining. Using a blue can aquacraft 3656 and 45 amp esc from a super vee on 4s lipo ( might be 12 or 14 cell nimh in the video. It was a while ago). Started out with a graupner speed 600 ( I think) and 7.2 v nicad stick packs it was pretty slow. Added a couple cells and it was better but run time was horrible. Sat on a shelf for years before I got a hold of it and revived it with a new power system. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ci9MClaNB4&feature=c4-feed-u

That turned into a tangent. Doesn't even really answer the question. I will ( assuming I get one) run eagle tree on the 1800 kv set up I plan to try with it and post the graphs. Should give a pretty good idea own how much power is needed. I never had any heat issues with my previous set up running 10+ min at a time but I was usually messing around in moving water and rarely running WOT.

mickieb49
10-09-2013, 01:03 AM
Hi Guy's,
Like what was previously mentioned, i will be using a 1800kv 4072 leopard motor with a 120 amp swordfish esc on 4s 5000Mah 40c battery, this setup has been good to me with no overheating or problems. That was with the Graupner units and Kehrer ( highly modified, see also my youtube vids)
This unit like the tru Hamilton and Scott jets is not intended on trying to spin it over about the 25k mark, if you try to do that you will start getting a hydraulic locking effect and basically the effeciency will drop off. All too often i see people putting 4000kv motors into those NQD jet boats and running them on 3s and even 4s, then wonder why theu have problems?????
This is a mixed flow pump and like Shaughnessy has said is a very different type of pump as compared to what is basically a propeller wrapped up in a inlet ( graupner and Kehrer)
I will be trying lower kv motors but i believe the 1800kv to be the best.
I am hoping to be able to share some more pictures of the new hulls very soon too.
Here is my youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hJ7ex4OGaM
Regards Mick

mickieb49
10-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Greeting lads,
Just a little update, i have had some not so good news, the manufacturer who was doing the impellers has informed me that he may not be able to do them for me as the CNC mill he has is out of action, aparently they have been waiting for a part to get there from the US for over a month so far, i am hoping to hear back from him today or tomorrow, if he cant i do have another manufacturer who can get them done , just a little dearer ....
I should also be getting the first of the redesigned injection molded bits at around the 25th of this month, then if all is well then we should have the injection molded parts within a week following,
Still also waiting to get another Router bit to finish off the plugs for the hulls.
Thankyou everyone for their patience, i think everyone can appreciate the time and effort ( and off course $$$) that goes into manufacturing these in a large scale.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
10-16-2013, 04:42 PM
Hi Guy's,
Like what was previously mentioned, i will be using a 1800kv 4072 leopard motor with a 120 amp swordfish esc on 4s 5000Mah 40c battery, this setup has been good to me with no overheating or problems. That was with the Graupner units and Kehrer ( highly modified, see also my youtube vids)
This unit like the tru Hamilton and Scott jets is not intended on trying to spin it over about the 25k mark, if you try to do that you will start getting a hydraulic locking effect and basically the effeciency will drop off. All too often i see people putting 4000kv motors into those NQD jet boats and running them on 3s and even 4s, then wonder why theu have problems?????
This is a mixed flow pump and like Shaughnessy has said is a very different type of pump as compared to what is basically a propeller wrapped up in a inlet ( graupner and Kehrer)
I will be trying lower kv motors but i believe the 1800kv to be the best.
I am hoping to be able to share some more pictures of the new hulls very soon too.
Here is my youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hJ7ex4OGaM
Regards Mick

Very cool slids sideways just like a river racer LOL

mickieb49
10-25-2013, 06:53 PM
Hi guys, just thought an update was in order, sorry but no pictures yet. I will be getting the next last of trial injection molded parts sometime next week, providing it all lines up and fits together the full production of 1000 units will be in my hands within a week.
As for the impellers, I had to change manufacturer, I have been ensured that I will have them in 3 weeks, I am using the same guy that made? The cnc roll bar clamps, i will try to get some pictures of what I have so far soon.
The plans for the hull are finished so I should be routing out the mold for the vacuum mold in the next week or so, again I will update here with pictures once I have something to show.
Again thank you everyone for their patience with me, trying to get this mammoth project off the ground whilst working full time and bringing 2 kids under the age of 2 is not easy.
Regards mick

TheShaughnessy
10-25-2013, 07:01 PM
let me know when your ready for an order, pretty interested in trying one out.

mickieb49
11-04-2013, 03:48 AM
Hi Guy's, here is the rectified injection molded parts, pretty happy how they have turned up, just given the go ahead to manufacture 1000 units.
The impellers should be finished in a week or so, because I had to change the manufacturer I could only get 200 made first, will post some pictures once I get them.
On the hull side, I should be CNC'ing out the plug very soon.107451107452107453107454

Mike Caruso
11-04-2013, 09:57 AM
Looks first class.

rickwess
11-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Very nice indeed. I can see myself getting one. Good for playing with in the shallower cottage waterfront. Much more dog friendly as well.

TheShaughnessy
11-05-2013, 12:03 AM
Figures, I get my stuff stolen and these are finally ready. Gonna have to put in some OT.

mickieb49
11-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Figures, I get my stuff stolen and these are finally ready. Gonna have to put in some OT.

I am thinking on selling the first few on a discounted rate , providing i get some Youtube footage of them.
Nearly got the smaller hull mold done, these will be Fiberglass, 450mm long. When i get the first one out of the mold i wil post some pictures.
Thanks for the feedback guy's, it is most appreciated.
Regards Mick

Fella1340
11-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Looking forward seeing these available!

mickieb49
11-10-2013, 02:54 PM
Hello all, I should have the jet units available in about 2 weeks, I should have all the injection molded parts on around the 21st, and the impellers around the following week. Will test one first, but all should be OK to sell some the week after , around 28th- 05th.
I am also going to put a few of these up for Christmas gifts.
Nearly finished the smaller hull mold, got a little wet sanding then polish before I can sell them, but hoping to have a few glass hull done before I release the jet unit.
Take care guys

flraptor07
11-10-2013, 03:16 PM
How do you think these would work in a 36" or so cat hull twin setup? Might be fun

mickieb49
11-10-2013, 03:49 PM
How do you think these would work in a 36" or so cat hull twin setup? Might be fun

Hi not too sure, I think it has been done before, went OK, as long as there is a 45_50mm flat section for the unit to mount to, it should go well.
Regards mick

srislash
11-10-2013, 05:21 PM
Keep up the good work Mickie. :Peace_Sign:

Waiting for outcome :bounce:

daveives
11-18-2013, 08:26 AM
Please put me on the list for one.
Thanks
Dave Ives

mickieb49
11-19-2013, 04:30 AM
Will do ,
Just received 4 big boxes of injection molded parts, all up just a shade over 7000 separate parts.
Also finished the small jetboat mold, am hoping to be pulling the first hull out in the coming days. I will document the whole build here as I do it, I will also be making a instruction sheet to put these units and hulls together.
You will also see in the pictures of the building amount of parts I am accumulating ready for the release, hopefully in the next week or so as the impellers should be finished by the 21st November, and posted to me sometime next week, the boxes for the jet units should be in my hot hands next week too, also should be getting close to having some video footage about the same period.
Providing I get the new router bits this week I should be CNCing out the plug for the bigger jetsprint hulls this weekend???
Warm regards all, and thankyou so much for not getting too bored with me trying to get it all together.

mickieb49
11-21-2013, 12:31 AM
Here is the first small hull out of the mold, still have to retweek the cowl mold, but have started to put the jet unit into the hull, I am aiming to get most of it done so when I get the impellers, I can put one straight in and give it a run.

srislash
11-21-2013, 12:55 AM
Looking good Mickie, I applaud your efforts on this

rickwess
11-21-2013, 09:43 AM
Very interested in seeing this come together. :thumbup1:

mickieb49
11-21-2013, 09:29 PM
Hello all,
Well the router bit turned up, just had a go at machining out the lower half, apart from the fact that the spindle collided in the back and pushed the blank forward, I had to realign the blank , obviously it was not exact as there is a few places where it machined too much out. No big problem, I have filled these parts in and a quick sand , she will be ready to mold.
Take care 108189108190108191108192

Tech Head
11-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Looks like your living the dream Mickie, everything looks under control.

I would happily sit and assemble those pumps, recon I could do it in my asleep after a week or two....

Are you going to package a complete RTR boat in a retail box? What's the total length including the pump?

mickieb49
11-22-2013, 04:30 AM
Looks like your living the dream Mickie, everything looks under control.

I would happily sit and assemble those pumps, recon I could do it in my asleep after a week or two....

Are you going to package a complete RTR boat in a retail box? What's the total length including the pump?
Hi mate, I will be selling either the jet units desperately or a hull/jet unit kit ( complete with alloy roll cage, dummy drivers, SS pump guard). Both ways will be in a retail box complete with instructions.
The hull you see at the moment is only available until I get the new 610mm jet sprint up and going, this hull will be Vacuum for men ABS , I will eventually do a fiberglass version but like the NQD boat, I am expecting that this boat will mostly be used in rivers and creeks, generally where there is rocks.... I have been working on sticker kits too, but I need a few more funds before I can make hose available.
Thanks for your interest.
Regards mick

axel
11-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Hi Mick,how is the progress on the units?
Over here in Europe there is also Interest!
My Hull is waiting for a unit :-) and the electronics are ready - it will be a Outrunner 1600kv and 1800watts output - so i can try 4S and 5S
I am very keen to see the difference to a Kehrer!
Please send me by pm pricing + p&p - I am in Germany
Regards
Axel

mickieb49
12-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Hi Guy's
Good news , i have just recieved the impellers, should be getting mine running wednesday, i will post the video up straight after, providing everything goes well, i will release the jets for sale thursday.
Thanks for everyones patience
Regards Mick

mickieb49
12-01-2013, 06:12 PM
I also meant to add, i will not be doing a plastic version of the hull, they will all be out of Fiberglass.
Mick

TheShaughnessy
12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Looking forward to a vid.

bandanabob
12-01-2013, 08:40 PM
Following this close, very interested in one. The NQD got me hooked on the whole rc fe boat world. Keep up the great work !

mickieb49
12-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Hi guy's, here is a few teaser pictures, first run will be Wednesday.
thanks for looking
mick108754108755108756108757108758

mickieb49
12-02-2013, 04:15 AM

Mike Caruso
12-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Sweet

l8rg8r
12-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Do your jet pumps have a reverse cup

mickieb49
12-03-2013, 09:15 PM
Do your jet pumps have a reverse cup

Hi, no they do not, they have turning and trim.

Ok guy's, just had a run, will post some video up on Youtube tonight. Went better than expected, so officially they are for sale , $115USD each plus postage.
Please note you will need to put these together yourself. Either PM me here or send an email to : mickieb49@bigpond.com.
Please include your address in your email so i can get a shipping estimate to you promply.

Hulls will be a few weeks off yet.
Regards Mick

mickieb49
12-04-2013, 02:11 AM
Here is the video, was very happy. May be too small a hull though as it was very twitchy, my hull will be 610mm , should be more suited to this unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_6jAV8CORI
Cheers Mick

mickieb49
12-05-2013, 01:25 AM
I have decided to put a introductory sale on for $95 USD , offer will end on 15th December, shipping is extra, but should be around the $25 mark to most countries.
PM me if your interested.
Mick

mickieb49
12-08-2013, 03:04 PM
Hi Guy's,
The plug for the mold is done, just need to wetsand and a polish then i will be laying up the molds hopefully this weekend.
Regards Mick

gsbuickman
12-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Hi Mickie. Do you have any plans on incorporating a reverse cup on your drives ?. Thanks

mickieb49
12-08-2013, 04:07 PM
Hi Mickie. Do you have any plans on incorporating a reverse cup on your drives ?. Thanks

Hi Mate, as of yet i do not, i do have plans on adding a second stage though, but this may be a few months off though.
A reverse bucket on these little boats is mostly for looks, i have been running them for the past 10+ years and not yet have i needed one, will take the idea on though. It will complicate the whole rear cone/ trim arrangement , not to mention the extra cost on setting up another injection mold for it.
Thanks for your interest
Regards Mick

mickieb49
12-09-2013, 05:09 AM
Hi guys, here is the finished plug109202109203109204109205

Will keep updating pictures as I get some progress.
Regards Mick

F1roddo
12-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Lookin good Mr Mickie, was that one done using the router ? :smile:

What size is that one buddy ?

Chris

mickieb49
12-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Hi chris, yep it was CNC'd out with the router, sure beats doing it all by hand. Hull is 620mm long, have also started plans for the marathon river race jet boat hull, maybe have it routed out early in the new year.
So you found me then?
Take care and hope your well.
Mick

F1roddo
12-10-2013, 04:43 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: ....... yep, I found you.

Keep that router going buddy, its all looking real good from here on in.

Chris

mickieb49
12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
109435109436Hi guy's, just a quick update,
Molds are done, well I had to resize the hatch plug so it fits better, but I have the first out of the mold and have started to fit it out , hoping to give it a run Friday the 20th, should be releasing them after the run.
Cheers all Mick109432109433

F1roddo
12-14-2013, 01:59 AM
I guess the router is working well MickieB .... :rockon2:

Hull looks pretty good buddy, look forward to seeing the difference between this one and the smaller one, when you get it runnning.

Cheers
Chris

Mike Caruso
12-14-2013, 01:05 PM
Hi Mick,

When you get a break in the action, please show the bottom of the hull with the jet pickup side shown. I want to make sure I get it just like you want it. Man the your Hull really is nice and easy on the eye's. Looks like it will take ruff water pretty good.

Best,

Mike

mickieb49
12-14-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi Mike, as requested

I will have a instruction sheet for the installation of my drives into any hull available in the coming days.
Thanks for the kind words on the new hull, I had to go back and re CNC out the cowl plug as the sizing was all wrong, so hoping to have the molds for it done this week. It should be a perfect size for this jet unit, and still be quite lively ...
I will update more pictures tonight, Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
12-14-2013, 09:31 PM
Thanks shows me what I wanted to see.

mickieb49
12-15-2013, 03:26 AM
heres the latest, nearly ready

monojeff
12-16-2013, 03:18 AM
Looking sweet!
What's the roll cage made out of?

mickieb49
12-16-2013, 04:42 AM
Hi Jeff, the rollcage, is made from 10mm alloy tube with CNC'd clamps, these will be included in the hulls. Just need to get one to you so we can work out the sticker kits.
I will upload the video of the hull after Wednesday, providing all goes well I will release the hull/jet unit kits this weekend.
Regards mick

monojeff
12-17-2013, 02:21 AM
Looking forward to it!
Btw we need to make some guage cluster decals to go with the kits.
Thought it would make a great addition!
We should also figure out a logo for you.

mickieb49
12-17-2013, 05:19 PM
Hello All, just ran the little jet, pretty happy with it , will upload some video when i get home
Still have to play around with the COG and Trim but overall it performs very well and isn't as twitchy as the shorter version.
Jeff the idea on the guage cluster decals would be great, i will try to get the hull and unit over to you as soon as possible, i will also send you some pictures of the real Jetsprint Boats that race here in Australia, so it gives you something to follow off.
Please stay tuned as video will be comming up.
Regards Mick

mickieb49
12-18-2013, 04:10 AM
Ok guys , here is the video.
http://youtu.be/BIY6MBf0iiM

So now officially the hulls are ready, It will take a week or two before I will have a few hulls made , but I am now taking orders.
Hull , Jet unit, roll cage, dummy drivers $300 USD for the kit plus postage.
Hull on it's own is $175 USD.
The Kmb/Kehrer hull/ jet unit that I tested the jet unit is also up for sale, you will need your own electrics, asking $250 USD plus shipping.
Take care and best wishes for Christmas
Regards Mick

monojeff
12-18-2013, 04:39 AM
Nice boat is looking good for first time out!
How do you think it would do with a smaller motor like a 36mm?
Do you think the 40mm motor is necessary?
What is the optimal rpm for the unit as you have it now?

mickieb49
12-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Nice boat is looking good for first time out!
How do you think it would do with a smaller motor like a 36mm?
Do you think the 40mm motor is necessary?
What is the optimal rpm for the unit as you have it now?

Hi Jeff, mate I think it might go OK, just it may draw a few more amps as a 36mm motor is typically not as powerful. But if your keen you may be able to test it yourself when you get yours.
As for the rpm, I have not tested it over 30000rpm, the efficiency drops off around the 28000 mark.
I am now looking forward to seeing what sticker kits you can come up with.
Regards mick

monojeff
12-18-2013, 02:03 PM
Certainly will do some testing.
I bet it would run well with PSpec power.
It seams you have more then enough with the 4074 motor so I don't see any reason using a smaller motor wouldn't be ok. I wouldn't think amp draw would be much higher maybe someone else could chime in on that.

TheShaughnessy
12-18-2013, 02:51 PM
I used to run a first gen SV motor ( blue can ) and AQ 45 amp esc in a 29 mm graupner unit. No actual numbers logged but that set up never got hot and it was In a 31 inch mono. Still working on getting some cash together before I can order one. Need a charger and radio first though. I have eagle tree so if I ever get one ill gladly post up some amperage numbers.

Mike Caruso
12-18-2013, 02:52 PM
I am going to run mine with AQ 1800KV and AQ 60amp esc but I have ICE here so it will be awhile.

monojeff
12-18-2013, 03:12 PM
I also have Eagle Tree and can log some numbers.
I planned to try out a Proboat 1500kv motor on 4s & 5s.
I think it will be a perfect setup for this given the size of the boat.
Looking forward to this a lot and I know they will be a big hit!

monojeff
12-19-2013, 02:34 PM
Is this jet unit able to go in reverse?

Fella1340
12-19-2013, 05:01 PM
No reverse bucket, no reverse.

monojeff
12-19-2013, 06:05 PM
No reverse bucket, no reverse.

Thanks I didn't think it did but I am still learning.

Fella1340
12-19-2013, 06:20 PM
I only learned it through this thread and comparing options. I didn't think it was important option to have and I think it would require another channel on the radio anyways.

TheShaughnessy
12-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Because electric motors are able to change rotational direction without a transmission I bet if you spun the impeller in reverse you would be able to go backwards a bit. But who is using reverse on an rc boat?

mickieb49
12-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Because electric motors are able to change rotational direction without a transmission I bet if you spun the impeller in reverse you would be able to go backwards a bit. But who is using reverse on an rc boat?

From all the times I wired up the motor in reverse, I do not recall that the boat ever reversed. I am sorry to say that if you wanted a boat to go in reverse then this jet unit is not for you. Please I say that in utmost respect because I would hate you getting anything that doesn't fit your requirements. This unit requires 3 channel radio, so you can trim the boat as you go, also mix the trim function in with your steering, so when you do a steering input, the nozzel points down by a few degrees , pushing the nose back in the water so it turns better.
Remember , No power, No steering!
Regards mick

monojeff
12-19-2013, 07:26 PM
From all the times I wired up the motor in reverse, I do not recall that the boat ever reversed. I am sorry to say that if you wanted a boat to go in reverse then this jet unit is not for you. Please I say that in utmost respect because I would hate you getting anything that doesn't fit your requirements. This unit requires 3 channel radio, so you can trim the boat as you go, also mix the trim function in with your steering, so when you do a steering input, the nozzel points down by a few degrees , pushing the nose back in the water so it turns better.
Regards mick

Great info as said most R/C boats would not require reverse it was more of a I wonder type of question.
Keep up the great work Mick!

monojeff
12-19-2013, 07:34 PM
what type of servos are currently using?

mickieb49
12-20-2013, 12:38 AM
Hi I am using hitec STD servos, even micro servos would have enough grunt to be used.
I just moved the c of g backwards, helped a heap, one of my mates was filming, he will post the video later on.
Cheers mick

mickieb49
12-20-2013, 04:09 PM
here you go guys, was a bit rough yesterday , but bringing the c of g aft helped heaps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFqKvgLUj_o

Darin Jordan
12-20-2013, 05:57 PM
OK, too cool... where do I get one! :)

Mike Caruso
12-20-2013, 06:55 PM
It does run cool

mickieb49
12-20-2013, 08:16 PM
OK, too cool... where do I get one! :)
Hi Darin, just pm me with your postcode, state, town/suburb. And I can get a quote for shipping.
Just got a quote the other day to send a hull/jet unit combo over to the states and it was $85 AUD, I will add though if the actual cost comes back cheaper then I will refund the difference in full.
Still finishing off the cowl mold, so it may be a few days before I can get a hull completed.
Regards mick

mickieb49
12-28-2013, 01:51 AM
109975109976109977109978H Guy's, Just a little update, just got some paint on the hull, and the first 2 production hulls will be ready to ship out to some lucky customer in the next few days, by t he way these will be up for grabs.
Got the skipping sorted, changed the C of G and removed the lower lifting strakes, will get some video soon
Cheers Mick

Mike Caruso
12-30-2013, 03:06 PM
Did you paint the Kat? If you did very cool I really like that one let me know if it comes up for sale. Still waiting for my pump shipping is very slow I guess because of Holidays.

mickieb49
12-30-2013, 05:34 PM
HI Mike,
Yes I did paint this myself, may not be a true professional job but I am slowly getting better.
If you want I can do you another hull and do the same paint job, probably add $100 for the painting ?
I am surprised the unit has not gotten to you yet, as I posted it about a week and a half ago, shouldn't be too long then....
Take care
Regards Mick

mickieb49
12-31-2013, 05:25 PM
Here is the finished product. The first hulls are now finished being layed up, I will be now bending up the roll cages then putting 3 kits together.
These first kits are up for grabs, PM me if your interested, For an introductory time I will put these up for $250 USD ea plus postage.
Cheers Mick110085110086110087

flraptor07
12-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Mick, they look great but may I make a suggestion? IMO The cages are too tall, if you shorten the front legs and put the rear legs on more of a angle I think it would look much nicer. Other than that these are AWSOME!!

monojeff
12-31-2013, 07:22 PM
It would look better I think with the roll bars about half way above the heads from where they are now.

mickieb49
01-01-2014, 06:34 AM
I do agree guys, just this one is already glued in, in the instructions I have put together I have made allowances for this.
Jeff, I should have your hull and jet unit in the mail late this week.
Thanks for the coments guys, just wonder why I have not had much interest in actually buying one?
Regards Mick.

flraptor07
01-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Mick, Need price on one kit shipped to 34203 U.S.A.

mickieb49
01-01-2014, 02:29 PM
$85AUD ,shipping to the usa, ifby some chance shipping is cheaper by the time i get to the post office, i will return the difference in full.
regards mick

monojeff
01-01-2014, 04:44 PM
Look forward to it Mick.
Once a few people see these coming stateside and geared up I'm sure more sales will pick up.
Gotta keep in mind it was also just christmas so most people probably spent their hobby funds for a bit.

Fella1340
01-02-2014, 12:44 PM
There is interest but like Jeff said the timing isn't so good with the holidays. It will be a few Weeks before I am recovered from it but your jet unit is top of the list once things have settled:)

Mike Caruso
01-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Regards mick

No Power No Streering ROTFLMAO In 1985 a good freind who could drive anything and had a KZ-900 Bike but needed more so we installed a Mr. Turbo kit way fast now. Well he wanted to buy this new very nice jet boat with a Big Block Chevy Tunnel Bottom 600 HP+ a 19 ft Kachina one fast boat. So the first time I go with him as he asked me to show him how to drive it. He was doing real good for about an hour we where out crusing making straight-a-way passes etc. He is feeling pretty good and we are now flying along (middle of the work week nobody out but us) and we have to go under a this narrow low bridge you know in a NO WAKE at about 70+ AND A LITTLE ROW BOAT COMES OUT OF NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!
He lifted off the throttle and was tried steering out of the way (without power) a tunnel bottom it was on RAILS and I screamed Hammer down and he just did it with out missing a beat ..........we ALL were ok.

Man what A ride

Sorry off topic but so funny we both could not stop laughing........could have been real bad. But then again STAB AND STEER has always saved my A$$......must be a Drad Racer Thing.

12" of snow in Chicago right now Dang.

mickieb49
01-03-2014, 04:31 AM
Hello all,
Jeff your boat is on its way to you, posted. It today. For everyone's information postage to the states was $75aud which is about $65usd.
I will upload the next video tomorrow,
Hope everyone had a great new year.
Regards mick

Fella1340
01-03-2014, 01:00 PM
Mick, with the amount of units you are trying to sell are you planning a website? OSE is a great site but not the best platform for selling thousands of units. Just curious if there will be a site. Will there also be a complete ready to run TX, batteries included coming down the road?

mickieb49
01-03-2014, 02:34 PM
Mick, with the amount of units you are trying to sell are you planning a website? OSE is a great site but not the best platform for selling thousands of units. Just curious if there will be a site. Will there also be a complete ready to run TX, batteries included coming down the road?

Yes I am planning a website, just have not had the funds yet to get one up and going, I am looking also at some of some of the do it yourself options too, time is very poor at the moment.
As for the ready to run options, I tried this about 3 years ago, unfortunately, people are not prepared to pay for the time you have to put into getting these together, I found out that you basically are up to charging $4 a hour in order to sell the boats.... so this time I will Not sell rtr for this reason. I have endeavoured to create a comprehensive set of instructions so even a dumpty with very basic skills should be able to follow.
These units are on eBay at the moment too, so I am not just relying on forums to sell them, I am basically using the forum to let everyone see them in action.
Regards mick

mickieb49
01-04-2014, 12:24 AM
Hi Guys,
Here is the latest run today, reasonably happy , have decided to redo the molds for the lower half as , I am now going to remove some of the lifting strakes to get the boat to settle down in the water abit more, The 3 hulls I have already pulled out of the molds I will sell for half price with lower strakes removed ( sanded).
The hull ride attitude needed the trim all the way down and the battery up the front, pity it was such a windy day as the boat still jumped around a little because of the waves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBOnXU8LuLE

I will also upload some more details of the installation of the jet unit as I have had a few people wondering on how the seal works.
Take care
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
01-04-2014, 09:08 AM
Hi Guys,
Here is the latest run today, reasonably happy , have decided to redo the molds for the lower half as , I am now going to remove some of the lifting strakes to get the boat to settle down in the water abit more, The 3 hulls I have already pulled out of the molds I will sell for half price with lower strakes removed ( sanded).
The hull ride attitude needed the trim all the way down and the battery up the front, pity it was such a windy day as the boat still jumped around a little because of the waves.

I will also upload some more details of the installation of the jet unit as I have had a few people wondering on how the seal works.
Take care
Regards Mick

Mick,
Looking good The Kat hull running that has the strikes ground off also? I have an idea will send you a message. Put me down for a 1/2 price off hull I have to start somewhere and I want to shorten the roll bar.
Best,
Mike
Mike

mickieb49
01-04-2014, 03:56 PM
No worries Mike, let me know when you want the hull. By the way did you get the pump yet?
Cheers mick

Fella1340
01-04-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi Mick, could you please give me a price on a jet unit plus shipping cost to L1A 2B4 postal code, location porthope, Ontario, Canada. I will be buying the first week of February so no rush. I have an incredible river to run on. Next step wil be finding or modifying a hull that self rights itself, anybody have any hulls they could recommend? I have a 24" shallow v I could modify but it would be nice to just buy a hull. Thanks, Jeff

flraptor07
01-04-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Take care
Regards Mick

That's running much better Mick! If it had been calm it would have been perfect, when it was running paralell to the chop there was no bounce. As soon as you get the new mold done I'll be getting one!

Mike Caruso
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
No worries Mike, let me know when you want the hull. By the way did you get the pump yet?
Cheers mick

Zip code 60634 You have the address let me know total. Nope no pump yet.

mickieb49
01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi Mick, could you please give me a price on a jet unit plus shipping cost to L1A 2B4 postal code, location porthope, Ontario, Canada. I will be buying the first week of February so no rush. I have an incredible river to run on. Next step wil be finding or modifying a hull that self rights itself, anybody have any hulls they could recommend? I have a 24" shallow v I could modify but it would be nice to just buy a hull. Thanks, Jeff
Hi jeff, postage will be $15 , pm me your particulars and we can go from there.
Regards Mick

Fella1340
01-04-2014, 11:28 PM
Thanks Mickie, I will be placing the order as soon as I can. What would you consider to be the best motor choice for a 24" mono. Its been awhile since it was discussed and you have done a lot of testing since. I will be moving it into one of your hulls eventually as well. Would you consider them to be q gooe candidate for a flood chamber to make self righting? It's really a must for where I will be running it and would appreciate your thoughts. I was thinking around 1600-1800kv on 4s but I will purchase whatever you recommend. Thankw again, I realize thiw has been covered already but thought I would ask in case your thoughs have changed with further testing and I don't want to over power things. I have done a lot of reading on jet drives since I first saw this posting, your drive is in a class of its own and can't be compared to the others as they seem to be some kind of compromise rather than a purpose built jet drive and will be money well spent as far as I am concerned. Great job!

mickieb49
01-05-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks Mickie, I will be placing the order as soon as I can. What would you consider to be the best motor choice for a 24" mono. Its been awhile since it was discussed and you have done a lot of testing since. I will be moving it into one of your hulls eventually as well. Would you consider them to be q gooe candidate for a flood chamber to make self righting? It's really a must for where I will be running it and would appreciate your thoughts. I was thinking around 1600-1800kv on 4s but I will purchase whatever you recommend. Thankw again, I realize thiw has been covered already but thought I would ask in case your thoughs have changed with further testing and I don't want to over power things. I have done a lot of reading on jet drives since I first saw this posting, your drive is in a class of its own and can't be compared to the others as they seem to be some kind of compromise rather than a purpose built jet drive and will be money well spent as far as I am concerned. Great job!

Hi Jeff, thankyou for the king words, it is refreshing to hear all that.
Mate, any 40mm motor around the 1800Kv mark is perfect on 4s lipo, I will not go into particular motors as everyone has their own favourites.
Why go with a flood chamber when you may be able to get away with some lead weights along the keel, not that I have tried it but in theory it should work, maybe someone else can chime in here ......
I was thinking on still down the track doing ABS hulls for all the guys who want to go stream bashing, just haven't fully looked into it yet...
Regards Mick

Fella1340
01-05-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks for the motor info. The lead weights sound like a good idea. I am leaning towards a flood chamber though because I could easily loose the boat if it doesn't right itself everytime. I would still use a fiberglass hull though, a little kevlar on the outside and it would be perfect for the river here. Great rapids to play in with a properly set up boat!

rickwess
01-05-2014, 02:40 PM
Hey Mick. A few questions:

When do you think the modified hulls will be available?
I noticed you need two servo's. Is that for steering and trim? What channel is the 2nd servo running off?
How are you sealing the hatch?

mickieb49
01-05-2014, 03:22 PM
hi rick,
i am hoping to have the molds done in a week or so , i just need to make sure that there is no more mods needed to the hull before i release them. Hoping to be doing the next run this week, then if all good i will redo the bottom mold x 2.
You are right about 2 servos, 1 for steering and one for trim, you might get away with fixing the trim with a turnbuckle and adjusting it on the bank, i have it on the Aux channel on my radio mixed in with the steering, this way i can adjust the trim whilst it is running and i have it so when i put in a steering input it points the nozzel down a few degrees putting the nose back in the water to make a smoothero tighter turn..
The hatch mounts over a lip, there is also a channel running around it exiting out the back, i will also running some neoprene around the inside lip for some more insurance. so far this works well, i guess you could also run the tape around it too ...
hope this answers your questions.
warm regards mick

rickwess
01-05-2014, 03:42 PM
It does. The Steering/Aux channel mixing is new to me so I'm not quite sure how that works, but I do have a 3 channel radio. I do like the idea of sliding through turns. It'll remind me of my old SeaDoo Speedster. How hard would it be to fix the trim into position?

mickieb49
01-05-2014, 04:48 PM
It does. The Steering/Aux channel mixing is new to me so I'm not quite sure how that works, but I do have a 3 channel radio. I do like the idea of sliding through turns. It'll remind me of my old SeaDoo Speedster. How hard would it be to fix the trim into position?

Hi rick, shouldn't be too hard, you just need a small turnbuckle and make a small L bracket to fix onto the transom, even if you do not mix it into the steering, it really is quite handy being able to adjust the trim as you go.
Regards Mick

monojeff
01-17-2014, 01:44 AM
I just got my kit from Mick today in the mail.
I opened everything up and all the parts look great!
This is an awesome kit and I recommend it to anyone wanting to get a jet unit or a jet boat.
I look forward to building this 1 soon as I can find some time!

Darin Jordan
01-17-2014, 08:55 AM
I just got my kit from Mick today in the mail.
I opened everything up and all the parts look great!
This is an awesome kit and I recommend it to anyone wanting to get a jet unit or a jet boat.
I look forward to building this 1 soon as I can find some time!

Jeff, you have to share this build-up... When the dust settles around here with repairs and SAW builds and trying to build boats for the Nats (phew!), I'd love to build a fun boat like this!

monojeff
01-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Jeff, you have to share this build-up... When the dust settles around here with repairs and SAW builds and trying to build boats for the Nats (phew!), I'd love to build a fun boat like this!

I most definitely will.
I am planning to run a proboat 1500kv motor to see what it will do on 4s.
Will most likely be using the 60amp esc I got from you.
Thinking I could also run it on on 5s?
What do you think?

Maybe you have another 1800kv motor laying around I could use???!

Should be a fun 1 no doubt about it.
Just a neat little boat and great jet unit.

I also plan to put a full wrap on it and make it look super official.

Probably be a month or so till I can get on it as I have other projects going.

mickieb49
01-17-2014, 03:20 PM
Hi guys,
Thanks Jeff for your kind words.
Just a little update, I am doing the final wets and and polish on the molds, should be ready to lay up the first few modified hulls out tomorrow, my apologies for the delay guys.
On another note, the cad file for the Marathon river race jet boat hulls is about 3/4 done, so I should be able to rout out the plugs in a few weeks. When I get back to the computer I will post some pics of the real boat I'm scaling from so you all know what I'm talking about.
I will have the next video of the modded jetsprint, uploaded inn a few days.
Thankyou for everyones patience with me.
Regards mick

mickieb49
01-20-2014, 03:39 AM
Here is todays run guys, this is with the lower lifting strake removed, pretty sure I need to move the C of G forward more.

http://youtu.be/GudJfAzxYRc
Take care
Mick

Fella1340
01-20-2014, 10:39 AM
It sure seems nice and responsive, the hopping is something else though. Where have you got the center of gravity set on the last video?

flraptor07
01-20-2014, 02:01 PM
Mick it looks to me like it was running a little better in the last video then this one. It also looks like you need to get the CG futher forward.

mickieb49
01-20-2014, 02:45 PM
Hi guys,
That is exactly what i was going to do, the other thing that may be happening is that the unit may be a little too efficient, sucking the back down ????
Dont worry , i have no sold any more hulls and will not untill i get it all sorted. The progress on the Marathon hull files are about half way too.
Regards Mick

Fella1340
01-20-2014, 03:22 PM
How's the boat doing at slow to medium speeds? It looked well planted until it started running fast. It would be great to see it operating through all the ranges rather than just fast. Most of the running I will do in moving water will be at lower speeds. If the boat is doing everything other than fast well at the moment why not show those speeds off. A jet boat wasn't something I was going to add to the speed arsenal anyway!

mickieb49
01-20-2014, 05:03 PM
the boat runs well at slower speeds, i will post a video once i get a hole in the bottom fixed, largely due to me putting it up the bank into a large rock.
cheers.

mickieb49
01-27-2014, 08:50 PM
Hi Guys,
Gave it another run today, think i may have got the porposing sorted, still does a little bit at high speeds but i thyink i know how to sort it i will post some video tonight, and yes there is also some slower speeds too.
I am confident enough to release the hulls for sale now.
See for your self
Regards Mick

mickieb49
01-28-2014, 03:23 AM
Ok here is the latest video, I am confident that all that remains is to move the battery a little further forward and adjust the trim a little more. But is a vast improvement even from last run.
Enjoy

http://youtu.be/tNX2TmabXLU
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
01-28-2014, 09:25 PM
Mick,
Here is one for you. http://stmtune.wordpress.com/2013/06/19/jetsprint-boat-tuning/
Mike

mickieb49
01-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Thanks Mike,
Geez.... that is sure something...
Cheers Mick

mickieb49
01-30-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi guys ,
Just thought you would al like to know, I am very fortunate enough to announce that these units and hulls are now available thru OSE, The hulls are soon to be in stock, just have to re machine out the lower plug and remold it, but they will not be very long at all.
Stay tuned, I will be reposting another video tomorrow night on the modified hull this time I have removed all the lifting strakes.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
01-30-2014, 04:50 PM
That's great news it will be easy for everyone to buy if Steve has them.

mickieb49
02-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Hi guys, some good news, had a very successful run today, a combination of removing the lifting stakes plus putting an extra battery up in the nose got it going like it should. So I will redo the plug, bottom mold, and finally I am going to release the hulls for good.
I am waiting for a mate to upload the video, he said he was going to load it tonight
I still have 2 hulls in the mold from before, if anyone is willing to sand the stakes, I am prepared to sell these for a reduced price.
Regards mick

mickieb49
02-02-2014, 12:54 AM
Heres the run guys, the second part is where I put a spare battery up in the nose, Now I am happy with it. Not too sure yet but I may even make a slightly larger hull for this unit, but that will be a while down the track. I will get some more MDF and laminate it this week, and hopefully rout out another plug for the bottom this week, then if all goes well will get it ready for molding next weekend.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR4htUO7apI&feature=youtu.be

Take care guys
Mick

mickieb49
02-02-2014, 03:58 AM
Some action shots111351111352111353111354111355

Mike Caruso
02-02-2014, 08:46 AM
Great Shots Mick.

My pump is in NY so I should have it this week.

Mike

flraptor07
02-02-2014, 11:14 AM
That's much better Mick, You got it now! If I'm not mistaken these hulls are designed to run in shallow water and I'm sure ground effect would be a factor in how the boat runs if you were running it in shallow water. Just like a Airboat, they run like crap in deep water.

mickieb49
02-04-2014, 03:28 AM
Yes you are right about these are designed to run in shallow water, as such they are designed to ride high when they are under power, the problem I have is that there is maybe a little too much power for this hull, all the same, this is not a bad problem....
The trick is to make them run well in all conditions....
I should be starting the plug for the marathon hull very soon, so I will have to go thru all the set ups again ...
Have you got your jet unit yet Mike?
Regards Mick

gsbuickman
02-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Hiya Mickie, I wanted to drop you a line because I thought you may be interested in a possible collaboration deal with this dude.
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?45364-Aluminum-1-4-scale-hulls

He's thinking of the jet pump from Hobby King for his 1/4 scale aluminum boats, I thought you may be able to offer him a more viable solution. This is the pump he's thinking about .

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__13388__CNC_Precision_Jet_Boat_Drive_X_Large.html
I can get his contact info for you if you like.

Cheers
Jim .....

mickieb49
02-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Thanks Jim, i may drop him an email.

Mike Caruso
02-04-2014, 04:38 PM
Yes you are right about these are designed to run in shallow water, as such they are designed to ride high when they are under power, the problem I have is that there is maybe a little too much power for this hull, all the same, this is not a bad problem....
The trick is to make them run well in all conditions....
I should be starting the plug for the marathon hull very soon, so I will have to go thru all the set ups again ...
Have you got your jet unit yet Mike?
Regards Mick

Pump got here today very nice now the work starts.

Mike Caruso
02-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Hey Mick,
I have a couple of question #1 the pump made from what type of black plastic is there some type of glue that will stick to it? #2 when pump is mounted to floor of hull the Impeller is at downward angle appox 3.5° why? #3 pump housing flange that mounts to the hull could it be made wider? Only need extra width on the flange for mounting screws as no room for error.
TIA
Mike

mickieb49
02-09-2014, 01:01 AM
Hi Mike,
The plastic is ABS, if you want to stick something to it, I suggest you give the surface a rough up with sandpaper first then use some epoxy glue.
The impeller needs to have a downward angle to help keep the nose on the water, if it was flat, you will need to have a lot of trim pointing down.
I couldn't make the flange around the too much bigger as then it wouldn't fit on the bottom of the hull, I suggest you start with a smaller drill than necessary, then work your way up, this way you should be able to get the holes in the centre of the bottom flange.
It is a little bit too late to change the flange width as that Is a very costly change to the injection molds.
The new plug has been machined out yesterday, I am hoping to be starting the mold next weekend, then laying the hulls up very soon after.
Regards Mick

mudboggin3
03-02-2014, 12:52 AM
What would a complete kit run and when can I get one.

mickieb49
03-02-2014, 03:01 AM
What would a complete kit run and when can I get one.

A kit will be $275 AUD plus shipping, you will need to get your own electrics, servo and motor mounts. Mold is done on the new bottoms, I am hoping to get some time and polish up the mold, then lay up a hull next weekend, hopefully run it the week after, providing all goes well then I will start mass production of the hulls. Please be patient as I am a 1 man band, and between working full time, looking after 2 toddlers I do not get the 20+ hours in the shed I need to get everything done..
I have a few kits of the first version ready, they are on ebay at the moment, or you can wait.
Regards Mick

Darin Jordan
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM
Mick,

Quick couple of questions... well... actually one request for confirmation and a question... :Peace_Sign:

1) Am I seeing correctly that this jet pump unit has adjustable trim angle as well as nozzle steering?

2) What power range is this unit designed for? P-Ltd style system? What RPM's are recommended, or can it handle?

Thanks,

mickieb49
03-07-2014, 03:40 PM
Mick,

Quick couple of questions... well... actually one request for confirmation and a question... :Peace_Sign:

1) Am I seeing correctly that this jet pump unit has adjustable trim angle as well as nozzle steering?

2) What power range is this unit designed for? P-Ltd style system? What RPM's are recommended, or can it handle?

Thanks,

Hi Darin,
You would be correct, it has both steering and trim.
The Max rpm I have tested it to was 28000 rpm, I wouldn't suggest you go over that anyway, as it will start to work against itself by making too much back pressure.

On another note, the first of the new hulls is layed up, I should be pulling it out of the mold tomorrow, then give it a run next week sometime.
Cheers mick

timjz
03-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Very nice work!

Quick question, would a true flat bottom (Dumas SK Daddle) hull still need a center skeg with a jet drive?

Also, would the 27" Dumas SK Daddle be better suited to this drive, or the 36"?

Edit: nevermind, just ordered the 27" kit & a jet pump!

mickieb49
03-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi Tim,
The problem with flat bottoms is the side slippage causing turbulence into the unit on turns, will work just not optimum.

On a side note I have been busy with the new mold, I will upload some pics a little later on , basically the mold is done and I am progress in getting the hulls built as quickly as it will allow.
I have been researching into getting the hulls manufactured in ABS, and it looks like I will be able to provide these hulls at a cheaper rate, so basically initial prices may look more like $200 for a kit.
The marathon hulls are also getting closer, as is the decal kits.
Please let me know what everyone thinks.

mickieb49
03-15-2014, 11:29 PM
hi guys,
Just a quick update, just started putting together the first hull with the new bottom ( see pic) also got the hull working much better now, set the COG at 260mm from the transom, and if you do the maths, that is 40%, the reason being is that this unit is slightly too much for the small hull.
Also look at the internal setup , instead of cutting the shaft shorter on the unit, iam going to keep it at 150mm so I only have to put the battery infront of the motor to get the right COG.
Take care113040113041113042

Mike Caruso
03-16-2014, 06:49 AM
Hey Mick,

I just finished my hull bottom.

I started with a blemish hull and have learned a lot about how to work with filler.

Mike :tiphat:

flraptor07
03-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Mick, I don't know about anybody else but I would rather pay the extra $ for a Fiberglass hull over ABS any day. Fiberglass is much easier to repair and much stronger, in my opinion I wouldn't bother making a ABS hull. I'd like to hear what any body else thinks about this. When I'm looking at a hull and I see it's ABS I quit looking, I won't even consider buying a ABS hull.

mickieb49
03-16-2014, 07:48 PM
Mick, I don't know about anybody else but I would rather pay the extra $ for a Fiberglass hull over ABS any day. Fiberglass is much easier to repair and much stronger, in my opinion I wouldn't bother making a ABS hull. I'd like to hear what any body else thinks about this. When I'm looking at a hull and I see it's ABS I quit looking, I won't even consider buying a ABS hull.

I have no intention on not producing the fiberglass hulls, will definitely still have these, was going to do the ABS ones so those guys who like rock bouncing can also have these hulls.
I will be making a second mold of the new hull shape so I can make 2 at a time, it takes the same time to make 2 as it takes to make 1.

Mike, your hull looks great mate, keep up the great work. Just remember to get the COG at around the 40% mark, or around 260mm from the transom, if you have it further back you may get the bouncing you see in my videos. I am in the process of changing the instructions to reflect this change. But please keep you build updates coming, it is good everyone else can see one being put together by some one else.
I have been advised that the Marathon plans are nearing completion ( had to change a few things) so hoping to be getting these up and going soon. So sorry it has taken so long, unfortunately working full time aswell as looking after 2 kids under 3 yrs takes toll on the shed time.
Got my laser cutter on Friday so I am trying to learn how to use that too.
Take care guys
Mick

Mike Caruso
03-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Hi Mick,

No Problem mate I also have Family issue's, travel for work and whatever comes up. I am happy with the hull bottom but need to rework the sides and I am starting on the deck. Have not cut down the impeller shaft so I am good there LOL. I have a couple of question that you might have told me.....brain fade.
The flow straightener vanes when mounted have to be between the vanes in the rear cone correct?
The wear ring does it matter where the little vanes are placed?
About how much of a diameter / radius is needed on the rear of the inlet to hull?

Thank you,

Mike

mickieb49
03-16-2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Mick,

No Problem mate I also have Family issue's, travel for work and whatever comes up. I am happy with the hull bottom but need to rework the sides and I am starting on the deck. Have not cut down the impeller shaft so I am good there LOL. I have a couple of question that you might have told me.....brain fade.
The flow straightener vanes when mounted have to be between the vanes in the rear cone correct?
The wear ring does it matter where the little vanes are placed?
About how much of a diameter / radius is needed on the rear of the inlet to hull?

Thank you,

Mike
Hi Mike,
the flow straightener vanes need to be lined up with the vanes in the rear cone.
The vanes in the wear ring does not mater what orientation they are.
On the rear edge of the inlet you need to only bevel it backwards at approx. 45 degrees, this is to release some of the pressure built up in the inlet.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
03-16-2014, 10:36 PM
10-4

timjz
03-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Hi Tim,
The problem with flat bottoms is the side slippage causing turbulence into the unit on turns, will work just not optimum.

I get that it won't be the best setup, but I've wanted to build both a little jet boat & a SK Daddle for a really long time.
I was really happy to see this pump come out, it looks pretty scale + it has an actual impeller, not a cut down prop!

So...will I need a skeg?

mickieb49
03-17-2014, 01:57 AM
tIM
Its not that It wont work, it should work quite well, just not the optimum. Maybe ad some Loader gates? I am not entirely familiar with these , maybe someone else may chime in here?
regards Mick

mickieb49
03-29-2014, 02:42 AM
Hi Guys, well the new hull is a success:
http://youtu.be/EuKOXa8jK_0

4 hulls are on their way to Steve at Off shore electrics.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
03-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Runs sweet Mick.

Darin Jordan
03-29-2014, 07:43 PM
I received 2 of these drives from OSE.COM. Look vert nice. I'll be doing a conversion thread shortly using a Pro Boat FasTEC hull. Looks to be perfectly sized.

mickieb49
03-30-2014, 05:02 AM
Thanks fro the kind words guys, Darin if there is anything you need please let me know, I am in the process on hooking Steve at OSE up with a lot of spares too. Please post your build here, I am most interested on seeing what other people do with the jet units.
Regards Mick

Darin Jordan
03-30-2014, 10:41 AM
Thanks fro the kind words guys, Darin if there is anything you need please let me know, I am in the process on hooking Steve at OSE up with a lot of spares too. Please post your build here, I am most interested on seeing what other people do with the jet units.
Regards Mick

No problem, Mick. It's going to be a fun project.

I haven't measuered it yet... can you tell me what diameter the driveshaft is??

Mike Caruso
03-30-2014, 02:52 PM
4mm hard shaft needs polish for light fit BOCA 4x6 fits in the tube, Ceramic balls SS the rest. I think a wire drive would be easy on this one.

mickieb49
04-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Thanks mike for chimming in mate, been a little held up trying to get 10 hulls built, so not much time here on this forum.
Anyone out there had much to do RC groups? I posted a few things over there, seems like there is 2 guys that are the self professed wizards and a whole heap of sheep? And not really that much actually going on? anyone else out there found this to be the case?
Regards Mick

timjz
04-04-2014, 11:01 PM
I've begun laying out my SK build with the jet drive.
Is the drive to sit flush to the transom as shown? Or is the transom to be cut out to the hexagonal shape of the drive so everything will screw together tightly?
I guess I'm wondering what the maximum transom thickness should be.
The drive itself is a really slick little assembly, it's sized just right to the hull!
Thanks, Tim

mickieb49
04-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Hi tim, please send me your email to : mickieb49@bigpond.com and i will send you some revised instructions that will now also include the installation of my units.
Basically the hex part is ouitside the hull by about 5 mm, the hex ring is actually a seal support , you will need to get some thin rubber to clamp between the hex seal support and the transome, i also add some silicone here too.
Hope that clears up your query.
BTW, there is 4 hulls on their way over to steve at OSE, so please look out there.
Regards Mick

timjz
04-09-2014, 10:14 AM
email sent

mickieb49
04-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Tim i will email you later on today.
regards mick

mickieb49
04-10-2014, 12:17 AM
Hi guys, please note in the instructions i previously made comment to maybe use a tap to help with screwing in the 2G screws into the nozzel and cage, please DO NOT use one, doing so will make the screws too loose, and will chance them comming out over a period of time. Use a 1.48mm drill bit, and the screws will under a little pressure create their own thread, plus will not come loose.
The new instructions i have sent to Steve at OSE, and hopefully he may upload them onto the product page for everyone to download. I have replaced this in all future releases.
Again if you would like a copy please email me or PM me.
Regards Mick

bikergreen
04-10-2014, 01:30 AM
I found this thread and now I want one.. crap.. Nice looking work!

ozmercury
04-28-2014, 06:58 AM
here is my aluminium 550 long jet boat with mickiebeez jetdrive leopard 4802 1600kv motor114821114822114823114824
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL7Vn2pBi4M

Darin Jordan
04-28-2014, 09:41 AM
Here is a quick, rather crappy video I tried to take of my FasTEC Jet Pump conversion (http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?46023-Pro-Boat-Formula-FasTEC-MickieBEEZ-Jet-Pump-Conversion&highlight=FasTEC)

I was trying to drive with one hand and film with my S4 with the other, so I couldn't really get her going. It was also really windy and rough (a lot rougher than it appears in the video), so it isn't the best representation. I got the boat out again yesterday on smoother conditions and it works really well up to a point. Once you get it really going, if the boat hops it will obviously lose suction, which causes it to lose thrust, which then makes it bounce again, and then the cycle starts. I'm going to fashion an intake grate for it and also some type of turn-fins to try to keep it a little more in control when turning at speed. It's a jet boat... it spins out very easily...

http://youtu.be/xlKTX61kzzs

flraptor07
04-28-2014, 01:01 PM
That aluminum boat is gorgous! How much does the bare hull weigh? Is it 4s or 6s? Looks like that T tap going to the ESC got a little warm...:scared:

ozmercury
04-28-2014, 02:49 PM
Hi there,the boat is made from 2 mm ali tig welded,the hull weighs 1.8 kg(3.96lb)quite heavy motor and batteries 450 gram each.batteries are 4s in parallel 23000 rpm.the T joint is just soldered together with some silicone around it no problem.are you from Florida? I am over that way in june/july Im off to the Coke zero 400 Daytona speedway.

flraptor07
04-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Hi there,the boat is made from 2 mm ali tig welded,the hull weighs 1.8 kg(3.96lb)quite heavy motor and batteries 450 gram each.batteries are 4s in parallel 23000 rpm.the T joint is just soldered together with some silicone around it no problem.are you from Florida? I am over that way in june/july Im off to the Coke zero 400 Daytona speedway.
Yes that is kinda heavy but it's very nice anyway. I'm in Bradenton Fl. which is across the state from Daytona on the west coast.

mickieb49
05-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi Lads,
Thanks everyone for the replies,
Just launched my online store:
http://www.shop.mickiebeez.com/

Still have the shipping side to be sorted, also putting spares on there for the units. These are also available thru Steve at OSE too.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
05-10-2014, 07:25 AM
A real craftsman great job, runs sweet mine is a few weeks away from running yet.

Spartanator
05-15-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi Lads,
Thanks everyone for the replies,
Just launched my online store:
http://www.shop.mickiebeez.com/

Still have the shipping side to be sorted, also putting spares on there for the units. These are also available thru Steve at OSE too.
Regards Mick

Cool, Maybe create a ARTR version that just needs lipos and radio system...?:wink:

mickieb49
05-19-2014, 06:24 AM
Cool, Maybe create a ARTR version that just needs lipos and radio system...?:wink:

The only problem with doing rtr is I am basically working for $2 an hour, been there and done that.

Spartanator
05-19-2014, 09:14 AM
The only problem with doing rtr is I am basically working for $2 an hour, been there and done that.

Understood, only reason I commented is that someone on EBay sells the little Nqd jet boats for $269-$299

mickieb49
06-16-2014, 05:01 PM
Just a quick update guys,
I have had to pack everything up getting ready for moving the business and house, i will be up and going in about 6 weeks,
The Marathon hull plug has been machined, got some finishing touches, then will be molding , testing.
I will be still selling the units during this time, then back into building the hulls after.
Take care, and happy boating

ManDime
07-20-2014, 03:28 PM
Hey, so i got a a blue Spartan shell from spartanator and i want to make it into a jet boat. I know someone has done it before with a graupner jet drive but i like supporting small business inventors. So with your jet i would have to cut down the jet drive to make it sit well. Would you suggest i cut the jet drive or should i make a raked cut on the hull similar to your boat designs and fill the gap with balsa with alumium sheet? Also I noticed you ran the leopard 1800kv. I also noticed you said you suggest a top end of 28k rpm's. What did the leopard motor produce? I was thinking of running a turnigy 1500kv outrunner motor with this. Would there be a problem with that? What motor would you suggest beside that? I recently emailed on your site as well. I'll take anyone's opinions on this as well.

ManDime
07-20-2014, 04:47 PM
Alright, found the equation. So it's motor kv x Voltage applied = no load rpm. So 1500kv x 14.8v(4s) =22,200 rpm's no load. So with that figured out 2000kv motor is the most efficient at 28,120 rpm's (4s) no load. So heard about how the motor is connected through the email reply. I'll look through the pics again to get a good visual of it all.

mickieb49
07-21-2014, 06:50 AM
Paul,
If you wish to put this unit into the Spartan, I would suggest to make a flat section in the last 8" of hull, this does 2 things, creates a ride pad to better the flow of water into the unit, and also helps in mounting the unit.
Please post your results in you thread, I for one will be interested in the results. Just be careful when considering the Kv and max RPM with Jet units, more RPM does not necessarily mean faster, jet unit efficiency drops off at about 20 000rpm.

The Marathon hull plug is nearing completion , I will be posting the results and pictures soon.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
10-15-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi Mickie,

I finally got my boat in the water using AQ Revolt motor 1800Kv and AQ ESC on 4s it runs right at 30 mph. My Eagle Tree I had setup wrong so no data on speed but motor turned between 18,000-21,000 rpm. Not sure I had 100% throttle as this same style motor turns 24,000 in my Revolt. With that said not bad at all very nice running unit. Very small change in jet nozzle up and down makes BIG difference in boat planning.
I am waiting for video my friend took. Now the problem is with the steering arm being much to thin and small. I broke it off along with the elevator walking through some 7 foot reeds retrieving my boat. Dang! I took it home and fixed it with a small CF knock out from OSE CF battery tray. Anyway my boat is very heavy I will weight it.
Mike

ManDime
10-15-2014, 10:57 AM
Almost there with my build!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1469/13671209/24503086/410175271.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1469/13671209/24503086/410175087.jpg

Just got to do soldering and positioning the motor! Positioning the motor in a boat never meant for this motor mount or drive system isnt easy.....

Mike Caruso
10-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Yikes nice boat man, switch to a 4-40 push rod so you can used the 2-56 ball end through bolt. You are going to need an up and down nozzle adjustment to trim the boat out. I only have about 3/4 of an inch of pump shaft inside the boat. I used Octura old style dog and drive pin deal.

ManDime
10-15-2014, 11:38 AM
The turnbuckle is adjustable and i have a sleeve in the ball end to make it a snug fit so theres very little slop.

Mike Caruso
10-15-2014, 12:12 PM
The turnbuckle is adjustable and i have a sleeve in the ball end to make it a snug fit so theres very little slop.

Oh now I see it sorry my old eyes missed it great Idea mine if I use it too LOL You will be surprised at how sensitive that adjustment is so kool.

Mike Caruso
10-18-2014, 05:35 PM
Heavy boat but you have to reinforce the turning arm. This was a Blemished Mickie Beez Jet Hull that I filled the inside with CF sheets yes sheets LOL. My first CF job it will take 125 mph crash Ha. Then sanded off the four full length bottom strikes. The bottom is just a Vee now. I am still trimming it out to run better. To cold to run today but did add 4-40 push rod for steering. Next is to make one for up and down. You need that adjustment as the slightest down angle and the porpoising is GONE it just stops. Then the boat runs smooth looking like a real Jet Boat. Very cool ran a Grim 4s 5000 through it never even got warm I was surprised.
Mike
P.S. Sorry about pictures.

mickieb49
10-19-2014, 04:36 AM
Nice posts guys,
Mike would you like another nozzle?

Point taken with the Steering arm, to change he molds at the moment its going to be a few $$ to modify and beef up the area. So please bare with me , I will get this change done, just may take me a short time to get the funds up to do so. I have not experienced this break yet, but I am only using 2-56 rods and arms, and have double checked the end point adjustment so as there is no excess movement to strain the arm, there is nut much pressure needed to turn the nozzle, certainly not like a normal rudder.
I have just finished building my new workshop, so my first job is to get the Marathon hull up and going, then am going to keep improving the jetsprint hull.
If anyone requires a hull or jet units or parts please PM me , or go thru Steve here at OSE.
Take care guys.
Regards Mick

Mike Caruso
10-19-2014, 08:58 AM
Nice posts guys,
Mike would you like another nozzle?

Point taken with the Steering arm, to change he molds at the moment its going to be a few $$ to modify and beef up the area. So please bare with me , I will get this change done, just may take me a short time to get the funds up to do so. I have not experienced this break yet, but I am only using 2-56 rods and arms, and have double checked the end point adjustment so as there is no excess movement to strain the arm, there is nut much pressure needed to turn the nozzle, certainly not like a normal rudder.
I have just finished building my new workshop, so my first job is to get the Marathon hull up and going, then am going to keep improving the jetsprint hull.
If anyone requires a hull or jet units or parts please PM me , or go thru Steve here at OSE.
Take care guys.
Regards Mick

Mickie,
No I don't need another nozzle. But thanks for the offer I made such a easy quick fix adding a doubler as anyone can do I love CA glue on plastics and CF. I would like to have control of the elevator up and down on my 3 channel Futaba 3GR-2.4 stick radio but the 3rd channel is only a switch suppling only full up or full down. I wish I had a thumb wheel like on the radio's before dirt LOL Anyway I have my Daughters camera / video deal with zoom I hope my friend can get us some good shots. Keep up the work on your boats and pump. I should have Eagle Tree results also last time out my speed-o didn't work, but I can get rpm and amps. Maybe back on later tonight?
Mike

Mike Caruso
10-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Ok so Garmin said 26.3 mph not trimmed but Eagle Tree said 23 ? And I forgot to plug in rpm sensor to the ET. Dang, AMPS 75-90 while hopping. Gave it a small amount of down nozzle it smoothed right out looked more like 29-30 mph. Everything stone cold but it is 54 degrees outside today. Last run for the year on this one.
All in all good pump great thrust and only running about 19,000 est. rpm. Video to follow.
Great for kids no props to cut little fingers or us big kids too.
Mike

Mike Caruso
12-17-2014, 10:21 AM
Replaced the soft drive shaft with Harden drill blank. Added BOCA Ceramic bearings and next size brass tubing to space them UNEVENLY. Reducing the chance of any shaft harmonics. Topped off with old school Octura drive shaft couplers which use bushing to reduce size to fit drill blank. Remember to ask Trudy at Octura for reducer bushings when ordering coupler.
I was walking through tall brush and broke the steering arm off at least it was after running the boat. I got home and added Carbon Fiber leftover take your time and fit it up to the nozzle real good then using superglue done deal works great. :tiphat: