PDA

View Full Version : OSE SV Cable

ChaKane
07-12-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Steve, any idea on a time for the OSE SV Cables? Mine threw one on the weekend.

Steven Vaccaro
07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
They are now in stock.

peells
07-13-2008, 10:17 AM
I hate it when they do that!!! It can really tear things up a bit not to mention be a bit of a challenge to remove.

ChaKane
07-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Nah, this one was easy. When I say it threw one, I mean it actually threw one. For some reason it disengaged from the coupler and dropped out, prop and all. :confused2:

That then left a hole in the strut where there usually wasn't one causing the hull to fill with water faster than I could get it back to shore. Lost a BEC and ESC with water damage as well as the drive shaft, dog drive and prop not to mention end of the race day for me...:crying:

peells
07-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Man tough break!! but you are not alone I have turned up side down filled with water (and thus the discovery of hatch tape) I have blown up an esc fried several battery packs and had my coupler come loose (but I lucked out there as the cable and all stayed in the boat. whew) I guess we can just chalk it up to F.E. boating!!and when I say I blew up an esc it really did!!! it blew off the hatch with tape and everything scorched my new paint job (GRRRRR) and talk about a blue flame!!1 did any one else explode one?

ChaKane
07-13-2008, 07:11 PM
I got a little worried when I saw the smoke coming from fer in the middle of the lake, then the back went under and I though, well at least that will estinguish what ever was causing the smoke :smile: So luckily it didn't blow. Just had to get it back in from the middle of the lake.

Why is it that when ever something goes wrong, it's always in the middle of the bloody lake and never close to the sides? :confused2:

Viking
08-06-2008, 09:05 AM
ChaKane said "Lost a BEC and ESC with water damage as well as the drive shaft, dog drive and prop not to mention end of the race day for me...
When you say lost do you mean you can't find them of that they just got wet.
You can save BEC and Receivers when they get wet even in salt water. In salt water take the electronics out of the case and soak it in warm water for an hour or so.
Then completely immerse the part in Alcohol, rubbing alcohol is ok but it takes a while to dry out (rubbing alcohol is 30% water) Get a can of Denatured Alcohol from the hardware store and keep it on hand. Half fill a drinking glass with Denatured Alcohol and plop the electronics right in soak it for an hour, take it out and put it some place warm to dry, the next day all should be well.
I have done this to countless receivers and BECs, and servos too. I haven't done it with a brushless BEC yet but I am sure I will have a chance to soon, it is on order .
I had a NiMh Explode durring a run this spring, sounded like a gun shot and of course the boat didn't move, till I went and got it.

peells
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
It kind of gets your heart pumping dosen't it? all that work and boom all you see is a grand going down into deep six.

ChaKane
08-06-2008, 04:46 PM
The bec was recoverable, it was just badly scorched but the ESC was gone. The remaining electronics were fine.