PDA

View Full Version : gutted motley crew

Treeman724
07-16-2013, 12:44 AM
I wasn't gonna do this until the race season ended but I had a guys sponson punch a hole in the side of my boat and decided it was time to do this. I cut out the tub and went through it properly. Wow, what a difference it made, this went from a sport boat to a full on race boat. I can easily outrun any other cat in the class including four other mean machines.

siberianhusky
07-16-2013, 09:07 AM
How much flex does the deck have now that you have removed the tub? When I did the last rebuild of mine I thought about doing this but was worried that it would fall apart or cave in during a blow over! Not exactly the thickest layup for these hulls.
Looks good, I installed some wooden rails in mine and ditched the stock motor mount, also moved the motor towards the back of the hull, made a huge difference, more room to move the batteries now to dial in the CG, also made the bottom of the tub a lot stiffer.
Also swapped in a SV27 rudder with watercooling, I run both pickups and cool the motor and esc separately, ran the new line in the old exit, installed two outlets in the side of the hull so I can see the water exiting.
Fun boats once you get them dialed in.
Oh ya also put a layer of 'glass on the inside of the hatch, replaced the plastic braces with some carbon fibre rod.

Treeman724
07-16-2013, 11:08 AM
I like the idea of the sv27 rudder, I also move the cooling exit to the side. I didn't no tice a significant loss in rigidity after the tub was out, I've endowed it multiple times since I went through it and its still here.