PDA

View Full Version : Got a new proboat impulse 31 v2 need help

waterproof
07-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Hi everyone.

I have bought a proboat impulse 31 v2 today and i have some question about the program card and other things about this boat.

1: i use 2x 2s lipo 30c, it dont go as fast as i tought.
Could this be the program setup?
The card stands on timing low inrunner motor.
I can also switch to timing high outrunner motor.
What is the difference? Dont want anything to get overheat.

2: What is the short plastic hose that came in the box?

3: the propel is very hard to spin around with my fingers. Is that normal?
I have a joysway/45km boat and that spins wery easy around when i use my finger. Maby its a lot more compresson in the proboat?
4: What is the wright way to connect the program card to the boat?
5: it is two reciever cable/ antenna cable from the boat and the small plastic hose have only room for one.

Thanks alot for any advice

tlandauer
07-11-2013, 08:08 PM
As you are waiting for someone to pick up your thread, I like to tell you what I DO know, but I won't BS you with things which I don't know since I don't have this boat in my fleet, so to speak.
1, 2x2s lipo, 30 c is good, are you connecting them in series? I am sure you are, since this is a RTR boat, the factory connector is already made that way, unless you bought used. You say you bought NEW, so I assume you bought it brand new in a store . This then will not and should not happen.
The timing settings for inrunner and out runner are different, as you can see in the program card. You boat has an inrunner motor, set timing according to card instruction.
2, Don't know what short plastic hose is.
3, The propeller is hard to turn: it is normal, the motor is a 6-pole motor, it has tremendous cogging when you turn the shaft. Be glad it's that way, if it turns smoothly, the magnets are losing strength. 4 or 6 pole motors have more torque and they come with Proboat and AquaCraft. Most of the up grade motors you see here are at least 4 pole nowadays. Your Joysway may have a 2-pole motor which spins more easily with your fingers.
4, don't know how these V2 works.
5, The receiver has two antenna cables, you thread one into the plastic antenna tube, the other one lies flat inside the hull, this is Spektrum receiver, and some people even leave both of them inside the hull.
Hope that helps for the time being.

waterproof
07-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Thanks for good answers! Realy good help.

I have found out how i connect the card. Only need to know the first question in the tread :-)
Yes is rtr boat and its connected in series :-)

iop65
07-12-2013, 02:18 AM
probably the esc is still in the "logartimic"mode : you will only have 80% power ( for beginners) ,i think if you change it to " linear" :100% power

do not change the timing

2x2s is not going to give you the big speeds (about) 55 km/h with the stock prop ( balancing is necessary !)

i use a 3s and a 2s in series with the stock prop : about 63 km/h

i could only change the settings from the esc when using power from the lipo's ,card did not work when using an external power source

waterproof
07-12-2013, 03:01 AM
Hi. The esc is on linear 100% trottle :-)

What is the timing? It stands it is for 4-6 pole motor inrunner motor and high is for 6 pole or lager outrunner.
I have 6 pole but i dont know if its outrunner or inrunner.
The manual says that i could not switch to high timing if the engine and esc is over 55 celsius with the low timing.
Its also stands that it will give 20% more power and lower runtime on the battery pack.

I dont think its drive to 55km. 40-45 maby.

iop65
07-12-2013, 05:53 AM
stock motor is an inrunner

40-45 is to slow for 4s with stock prop ( is it balanced/sharpened ?)

is something hot? lipo's/esc/connectors/motor?

what are the specs for the lipo's they are 30 c, but how many amps?

keep about 1.5 to 2 mm clearance between nylon spacer and strut

greace everytime

buy carbon prop if you can not balance and sharpen the stock prop , otherwise it will destroy your bushings/hardware and cost you speed

waterproof
07-12-2013, 06:26 AM
The battery packs is 5200mh. Nothing on the boat is hot.
Everything is almost room temprature.

I drive with a joysway bullets and it beat me with 5-10km and that joysway should do 45km.

So because i have a inrunner motor, thatswhy i cant turn the program card to high timing?

I also got a couple of t spoon of water inside the boat arter running in 15 minutes in the water.

waterproof
07-12-2013, 07:37 AM
It is still water inside the boat arter running.
After i dry the boat and out it up in the water its sees to came in under the emty plug or out of a small hole between the wood walls there it should be white glue like its on every other place on the wood, this is to the bottom of the wood box thats holding the reciever. .

Any ideas to what i must do?

iop65
07-12-2013, 09:03 AM
i would leave the timing to the default setting

when using 4s you can prop up a 45 mm 1.4P is possible ( stock is a 40.6mm 1.6P)

you should also try to improve the handling and speed by making changes to the driveline ,or you might be lucky and it would all be perfect right out of the box :-)

sorry ,i don't understand what you are writing about the water coming in

waterproof
07-13-2013, 02:20 AM
Thanks for answers :-)
Then i will not switch to high timing.

Where can i order bigger propel and how mutch speed will it give?
Sorry for my English, i can explane short. It leaks water but after i took grease on the flex shaft its been mutch better

What type of grease could i use when all the local shops is emty for marin grease?
I bought a universal grease that is water resistent and can work up to 125 celsius/257 F
Its also for use to big machines. Is it good enough grease?
How heat is the flex shaft after use?

tlandauer
07-13-2013, 03:24 AM
Your grease should be good, as long as it is water resistant. The propeller you need should be balanced/polished/sharpened, OSE sells them but most of the time the popular sizes are out of stock. http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Sharpened+%26+Balanced+Props You need to watch like a hawk, when it comes in stock and if it is something you want, just click "BUY", don't think twice!!
I like X442, X642, m445, m545, they are my basic props. You can also see if they have CNC aluminum ones, they are pretty good, but the ones I bought I find that I have to sharpen their leading edge more, it is kind of blunt compared to the b/p/s/ brass props.
To avoid water coming in your stuffing tube, you must grease your flex cable and sometimes put a piece of the same water cooling silicone tube over the motor end of the tube. See picture:102248
Happy Boating!

waterproof
07-13-2013, 09:30 AM
Thanks alot!

Im very happy with this boat. Its good steering.
No issue with it. Its the best boat i have own before

I will have some more speed, i dont want to try 6s. But will it take 5s with no problem?

waterproof
07-13-2013, 05:00 PM
I have reed in the manual about timing.

Low timing for 2-4-6 pole inrunner motor.

High timing: 6 pole or more inrunner and outrunner motor.
High timing increases both motor rpm and current draw up to 20% increas to the low timing
Using the same battery pack and prop.
Run time will be reduced.
Use only high timing if the temprature not over 130F/54c

The manual says its high timing for both motor but the program card says Just high timing outrunner motor.
Should i still not touch the timing?

tlandauer
07-13-2013, 06:22 PM
I don't think the "increase" of RPM of High Timing will give you any significant speed increase though. I agree with Post #9, the default setting should be a good compromise between all factors considered.

iop65
07-14-2013, 02:53 AM
i have tried the 5s set-up
my thoughts where that the motor was not liking that : got hot rather quickly and run times are much shorter
it works ,but you have to prop down : a 40 mm 1.4 p is the max for a save set-up i think !

i bought a leopard 3674 1700Kv for 5s : perfect for this boat
speed is up (+/- 70 km/h, and nothing gets hot with a 40 mm 1.4P)
it can turn bigger props
like tlandauer is saying : cnc props are good ,just sharpen them a little bit

my english isn't good either ,live in europe

waterproof
07-15-2013, 05:13 AM
Ok, then i will not change out my 2s battery for a 3s eighter, i will order a new prop first :) How mutch speed do you think i will get with Stock setup 4s with a better prop? i dont think my boat goes mutch more about 45-maximum 50km like it is today.

Tlandauer:Can you give me a link to a prop that i can order today? a prop that is bolt on to my boat to get littlebit more topspeed :)

I adjusted the knife blade backside the boat and i scratch the hull a bit with my adjusteble wrench when i screw on the nut to the knife blade. (i coulndt find my 7mm wrench so i used a bigger adjusteble)

What should i do here? take a look at the pics, should i take on carpaint or a epoxy type? Its seems to be only the paint that was scratched of but im not sure?

tlandauer
07-15-2013, 05:20 AM
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=octsb-m445
Unfortunately it is out of stock, here check out these CNC aluminum ones: http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=CNC+2+Blade+Props
It's getting late and I cant understand your picture, lol... If it is just the gel coat, you can put a drop of CA on it, then try to get some paint to match thr color.
As far as the prop goes, you don't want to go beyond 45mm dia. Anything between 42-45mm would work, but with the 45mm, make sure you check the temp under 2 min. first time, always be aware of your temp on motor,ESC and batteries.

waterproof
07-16-2013, 11:18 AM
i have tried the 5s set-up
my thoughts where that the motor was not liking that : got hot rather quickly and run times are much shorter
it works ,but you have to prop down : a 40 mm 1.4 p is the max for a save set-up i think !

i bought a leopard 3674 1700Kv for 5s : perfect for this boat
speed is up (+/- 70 km/h, and nothing gets hot with a 40 mm 1.4P)
it can turn bigger props
like tlandauer is saying : cnc props are good ,just sharpen them a little bit

my english isn't good either ,live in europe

When i run on 2x2s 5200mh king max battery i get 14-15 minutes runtime.
The esc and motor are cold after 15min use.
I want to change out one of the battery so i got 5s setup.
How hot was your engine and how long do it run?
I cant spend more money to this hobby yet so a new battery will be the last upgrade for this month.

The factory and my local shop says it will be fine on 6s but i have reed that the 6s will burn the electroinic so that is not an option.
But 5s is still to much?

Can i get more power if i buy 2x2s that cost more then king max?

iop65
07-17-2013, 02:26 AM
motor and connectors 55°C
lipo's 45°C
measured with infrared
time : +/-6 Ã*!**7 minutes

when i used the leopard : faster and everything cool, run times about 10 minutes

would not use 6s ; your hardware is not going to like 40000rpm!

iop65
07-17-2013, 02:51 AM
why not buy a 3674 sized motor with about 2000- 2200kv?
use it on 4s
goinig to be faster , cooler and cost probably less then a decent 3s lipo?

waterproof
07-17-2013, 02:57 AM
motor and connectors 55°C
lipo's 45°C
measured with infrared
time : +/-6 Ã*!**7 minutes

when i used the leopard : faster and everything cool, run times about 10 minutes

would not use 6s ; your hardware is not going to like 40000rpm!

How big was your batteries when you got only 6-7 minutes on 5s?

waterproof
07-17-2013, 03:00 AM
why not buy a 3674 sized motor with about 2000- 2200kv?
use it on 4s
goinig to be faster , cooler and cost probably less then a decent 3s lipo?

That was a good idea. Is this the motor that came with the tfl boats?
Would you buy the 3674 or the leopard? Is the both motors bolt on to the impulse? Is the motor cable thick enough?

iop65
07-17-2013, 04:37 AM
it was a single 5000 mah 5s nanotech ( converted the batterytray for it)

leopard has that kind of motors but there are others around there with the same specs

you can bolt it right in (25mm M3 ),perhaps have to shorten the motoraxle or flex (shaft of stock motor is shorter then leopard shaft)

waterproof
07-17-2013, 05:16 AM
Ok i see, maby its more easy for me to just change out one of the 2s with a 3s so i get 5s setup.
I can get a 3s battery at good price.
It will be 1x2s 5200mh and 1x3s 5200mh so i think the runtime will be the same as you tried.
Is 54c temprature to much? What is the maximum of temprature to be safe that nothingwill be smoked?
Do you remember the speed you got with stock boat and 5s?

If the 5s is bad for the boat, then i not should buy it. This boat on 4s is not faster than a poor joysway with 50A esc and a factory setup that the factory says 45km. Its accelation is twice faster and its maby go 5km faster and the boat cost half of the price.
Im happy with the proboat impulse and the handling is nice, but i tought it should beet a joysway at half of the price :)

So i must go on 5s setup if thats ok or i must order another motor.
The box says 4-6s so i think they should not say it could run on 6s when many melt cable and burn the motor. But have anyone got problem with stock boat and 5s? How many rpm will it give?

iop65
07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
stock motor + stock esc on 5s, but with a 42 mm 1.4P graupner carbon prop gave me 60 -62 km/h (gps)

never tried the stock 40.6 mm 1.6 p prop on 5s with stock motor

how easy do you want this hobby to be????
shortening the flex or shaft takes about 5 minutes!

waterproof
07-17-2013, 05:58 AM
Ok, 62km with bigger prop on 5s, maby i got about 55km with stock prop on 5s.
55-60km is enough for me :)

I understand now, just cut of a littlebit to the flex because the leopard it a bit longer than the stock motor. That should be a easy job to do like you say :)

Since the leopard also could run on 5s, then i think i will run the boat with all stock setup with stock prop and 5s and maby change motor and prop later.

What is high temprature on this electric boats? is 54c temp high to the motor like you tryed or is the temp higher because of you changing to a bigger prop?

iop65
07-17-2013, 06:03 AM
stock prop is 40.6 mm but 1.6P!!!
i don't think its going to be slower!!!

i would not go over 60°C

waterproof
07-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Thats fine, do you think your boat been 55c on the motor on 5s because of the bigger prop you mounted?
If its ok to use 5s on stock boat with stock prop then i thinking to test it with 5s lipos and maby buy a bigger motor and esc to the Winter :)