PDA

View Full Version : Etti demon rigger

Cooper
07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Hey guys, I just acquired an etti demon rigger. Tubes and sponsons installed. That's about it, with the motor mount installed also. My question is what to do and what to install. I have no experience with riggers. About all I know is cg should be somewhere around the back of turn fin, and they go like hell!!!!! Most all the packs I have are 5amp 3 and 4 cells. They fit inside. If someone can tell me what a pretty stable motor, (kv) and esc combo with what starting prop would be I would be much appreciative of. Once I get the right kv,motor and voltage and esc requirements I think I can take it from there.

NativePaul
07-08-2013, 10:24 AM
Well done, you got one with the hard part done for you, almost there now.

A lot of ETTI Deamon info can be found here on the AStec forum (http://astecmodels.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=53) it is a Hydro1 class rigger that was originally designed for <280g 2s 5800mAh as seen by the 5500kv motor in Dee (Mr ETTI)'s Daemon, nowadays <280g 3s 4500mAh is more popular for Hydro1 with a long 28mm can around 3400kv sometimes short 36mm cans are used, but they tend to be too thirsty for racing as Hydro1 has a 5 minute runtime plus 10 second mill plus in lap.

I am surprised a 4s 5000mAh will fit in but even though it does I wouldn't use it, it would take you to well above its design speed, be very heavy and likely to sustain damage on blowing over, also it would be hard to get the CoG right with it without adding even more weight. I would guess your 3s 5000mAh pack is well above the 280g we are allowed for hydro1 and there is a limited space between the booms so you may have add a touch of lead to the tail anyway, hopefully not too much.