PDA

View Full Version : IMPBA District 12 Race #4 - August 23-25 2013 Centreville, VA

Chilli
07-02-2013, 05:55 PM
The Capitol RC Model Boat Club will be hosting district Race #4 in Centreville, VA the weekend of August 23-25, 2013. Registration will be via www.rcracingevents.com. Registration is open at this time. In addition to the regular D12 class lineup, we're going to add B / P Limited Sport Hydro to this race. Four rounds of racing. Open water Friday from noon to 6 pm. Drivers meeting at 8:15 on Saturday.

Tidewater guys: Make this the year you take a road trip and come spend the weekend with us.

NAMBA 1 guys, come on down and see how we do it south of the Mason-Dixon Line. Tell D.T. Jr. we've got some FE hyrdo's that will give him a run for his money.

Charlotte guys, Come on up and race with us.

We are offering 20 classes and have a place for just about every boat and and power. We had full heats in all the B/P-Limited classes last month. Hope you all come out and join us.

Chilli
07-03-2013, 03:58 PM
We're up to 52 entries in less than 24 hours. We've got some bad A$$ FE boats signed up. Don Ferrette's T Hydro is a site to see. Along with my full P-Hydro, we whip up on the nitro boys pretty bad. Looks like Don and John Finch are going to debut a pair of FE 1/8th Scales for the first time in D12. The races the Capitol Club hosts are just as much about camaraderie as it is about the clean, competitive racing. Sign up on www.rcracingevents.com

Chilli
07-24-2013, 11:34 PM
Four weeks to entry cutoff folks. 71 boats registered so far. All but three or four classes have made the 3 boat minimum. I know many traditionally wait the last week or two to get their entries in. I appreciate you guys who have entered early. It makes life easier for the host club to plan and get ahead of the game.

If there is anything we can do to make the race better then our last one don't hesitate to speak up. We didnt have too many problems last race except for minor glitches with the PA system............ and there was the dead deer we discovered floating on the front stretch Saturday morning (this kind of **** only happens on my watch). :olleyes: To address these problems I invested in a much more powerfull PA amp, and some other stuff to make sure everyone can hear the CD call the race and the racers hear what heat number is next. As for the deer, if the unfortunate event happens again, I guess we'll be serving venison for lunch...:laugh:

Check out entry list:
www.rcracingevents.com Click on "Online Race Entry" and then "IMPBA D12 Race #4"

Stinson68
08-07-2013, 01:50 PM
I will personally be there representing for us charlotte guys,ive already to the weekend off

Chilli
08-07-2013, 04:10 PM
Very Cool Mictchell. Looking forward to meeting you. You just going to watch or you bringing some boats down??

Stinson68
08-09-2013, 11:05 PM
Are signups still open if so I may race but 9x out of 10 ima come watch and see how you all run things and seevhow classes are broke down

Chilli
08-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Sign ups are open for another week and a half. Bring a boat capable of running 4 minutes and you can run it in Novice class. No one cares if it's fast or slow. Any type boat except a rigger, any power. We run four heats per class so you will have a couple hours between heats to observe what/s going on and talk with the troops. You've got to get the whole experience. We've got about 80 boats signed up. Expecting at least another dozen.

Chilli
08-11-2013, 11:18 PM
A week and a half before registration cut off folks. We're up to 82 entries. With some verbal commitments that I have, we should have close to 100 when all is said and done. The weather has been cooler than average. Hope the trend continues. Travis Stebbins opened up a barbeque joint and will be smoking some butts for us for lunch. There will be some other goodies as well. Bring you own drinks (which most of us do anyway) We will be charging a nominal fee this time around to cover expenses.

ron1950
08-12-2013, 08:26 PM
smoking some butts huh? isnt that what you do when u win a race ? lol

Chilli
08-13-2013, 10:25 PM
LOL. What's up Ron. Drag your butt up here. LOL Hey whats that boat in your avatar?

ron1950
08-13-2013, 11:34 PM
the avatar boat is my 74 kirby classic vintage 1/10 hydro rod sanata built it a couple years ago and i got it form last owner a few mo ago.....wish i could build like rod does lol...we got 4 more weeks up here in bentonville ar then dont know where we will end up...g/f is travel nurse and wants a 8 week contract after this so we can take dec off....she just never gets hospitals near boat racing places...

Chilli
08-19-2013, 09:57 PM
35 racers and 110 boats registered. The weather for next weekend looks sunny and mid 80's. Carolina BBQ for lunch on Saturday and raffle donations from OSE, Dick Tyndall, Mike Tyson and (Mike Luszcz) among others. Two days untill the entry deadline. Don't miss this one folks!!

HydroMike
08-20-2013, 10:38 PM
Hope all goes well good luck to all

Chilli
08-20-2013, 11:56 PM
Thanks Mike.

Chilli
08-22-2013, 02:17 AM
Registration is closed. 115 boats entered and the heat sheets are all printed up. The weather forecast is looking spectacular this weekend with sunny skies and temps in the low 80's. See you all this weekend!!

madmikepags
08-23-2013, 02:37 AM
Mike I was really trying to make this race, sounds like you guys are gonna have a great turnout. Unfortunately I coudn't get out of work for the weekend. Have a great time guys.

Chilli
08-23-2013, 04:55 PM
Thank you Mike. We'll hook up one of these days. Had a wet start for test and tune day today but the weather looks marvelous this weekend.

Stinson68
08-23-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey hey look.for the carolinas rc water burners to come show support as we will be hittimg the highway early to.make that 6hr trip to the pond

Chilli
08-23-2013, 10:47 PM
We'll be looking out for you. We've got a good crowd coming. Drive safely!!