PDA

View Full Version : Shockwave 26 V3 Brushed Speed?

Filzbart
06-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Hey guys,

I'm from Germany and I'm new in this hobby.

So I bought the ProBoat Shockwave 26 Brushed version. I thought that would be a good ship to start.

But when I tried it the first time the ship was very slow. I used the 7,2 Ni Mhi batter and it only runs about 4 miles/hour.

The homepage of ProBoat says, that the boat could run about 20 m/h but only with optional tuning.

So my question is, if somebody knows which tuning stuff i have to buy to reach the top speed with this shockwave.

Thank you :smile:

lenny
06-30-2013, 04:29 PM
Something is not right with that speed you are getting,
Are the cells new ?
Does the prop spin nice and smooth if you loosen the coupler set screw at the motor shaft ?
Can you post some pictures of your boat and the setup,
Also do you have any video of how it is running for you ?

bigcam406
06-30-2013, 05:18 PM
something is wrong with either the battery or there is something binding in the drivetrain.that boat should be doing 15mph tops.

Tamelesstgr
06-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm having a similar issue of a ProBoat Shockwave I bought off eBay. Everything was new in the packaging, but the speeds were very slow out of the box. Cycling the battery several times has seemed to help, but after 30 seconds on a fresh battery I am back to about 5mph, hardly even wants to plane out.

kfxguy
06-09-2014, 06:35 PM
depends on prop. one prop we tried it wouldnt plane out and would only do 3mph. lol. if you have something wrong with thw battery or prop, youll have very poor speed. we got about 12mph out of it with a nimh batter. i think 17mph with a 2s lipo. with a little bigger prop and 3s it did 30ish ( i did gps each changew but didnt write it down. i think we got something like 40mph on 3s with a graupner 48mm (not a typo) carbon prop. then we upgraded esc and tried 4s. didnt gps it but it ran very well.

Tamelesstgr
06-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Replaced my ESC and now things are much better/faster, but now I only have about 2 minutes of wide opne speed before the battery drains enough to go back to a few mph. Need to research LIPO for this boat I guess.