PDA

View Full Version : Radio Receiver Questions?? Motor Revs?? Drive turns??

bielc
07-10-2008, 09:14 AM
I recently flipped my BJ26 and as the boat floated upside down the motor would fire up and rev and the drive would turn back and forth up to the point when I flipped it back over. I had thought this may have been an interference issue. However when talking to other people with similar boats and (the same frequency) this does not happen.

It again happened yesterday without flipping the boat. I was walking around a house on the canal after removing some weeds from the rudders and the boat motor would rev (not fast but enough to get it moving) Go and stop, go and stop. This was occurring while I was approximately 50 ft away.

Long story short as this was happening the boat hit the sea wall and chipped the bow (not happy!)

Any ideas???:help:

chirotray
07-10-2008, 08:55 PM
Stock radio is on 27mhz. Damn near everything interferes with it. Sound like a simple radio hit. Could be from anything. Go to another area and see if it works. I was driving mine at a pond behind a library with wifi, and it caused me to hit the bank, and had no range. Same day went to another lake in the middle of nowhere and the boat had all the range i wanted. I just switched to a different radio that i had laying around (75mhz) and have had no problems back at the library since then.