PDA

View Full Version : Its a sad day.....

Steven Vaccaro
07-09-2008, 08:54 PM
My mom's life long friend Pam has died of cancer this morning. Pam was only in her early 60's but looked as if she could have run a 10k race. She was a great person and could cook like top chiefs. Even make 2 day old left overs taste better than a hot off the stove dinner. And most importantly, she always there for my mom when a problem arose.

Now any death is sad but this one has hit really got me thinking about life. All her life she save for retirement, and just when she's ready to start enjoying more time off, she found out she had cancer.
:sad:

I look at things a bit different now. I say, enjoy the people you love and what you love, when and as often as you can. You never know what tomorrow may bring.

Pam will be missed by all of us!

ice329
07-09-2008, 09:06 PM
sometimes life just sucks. the closer it is to your heart the more it sucks. my best

Xzessperated
07-09-2008, 09:07 PM
Our deepest sympathy Steven. She will live on in your hearts mate.
Paddy

Doby
07-09-2008, 09:10 PM
Sorry to hear that Steve.
Kind of puts everything in to perspective.
Lets never forget to save for the future, but ensure we live for today.

John

ReddyWatts
07-09-2008, 09:18 PM
I'm sure she will be greatly missed, but where she is now, is a far better place.

deepest symphathy, Blane

Bill-SOCAL
07-09-2008, 09:55 PM
These kinds of things always put things in perspective. In the last 3 years I had a brain tumor and my wife had breast cancer. We both had major surgery and are doing well now, but it does reorient your thinking.

We now live as if it is our last day on Earth, but plan like we are going to live forever!!

Very sorry to hear about your friend.

Steven Vaccaro
07-09-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the kind words.

Bill glad to see things are good for you and your wife!

My only regret is not seeing her in the end. I just didnt want to see her in bed like that. But now I feel that I should have.

SJFE
07-09-2008, 10:28 PM
My family and I extend our deepest sympathy to you & your Mother Steven.
This happens more offen than people realize & it's a true tragidy. Your point is one we all should take to heart. Life is so busy and moves on so fast. The speed in which it moves reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies.

This is your life..& it's ending one minute at a time.
It's so true.

J Solinger
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
You and your family have my sinserest sympathy Steven. Pam sounds like a wonderful human being.

Jeepers
07-11-2008, 09:34 PM
sorry to hear about you and your familys loss Steven. Keep Pam in your hearts always.

Ub Hauled
07-11-2008, 09:51 PM
I've lost many to this horrible desease and I still don't understand why such good people are taken from us in what seems to be before his/her time...
My feelings go out to you and the mourning families Steven.
Jan