PDA

View Full Version : shed some light please!!!

mach23
06-19-2013, 05:09 PM
ok i bought a brand new miss geico 24 from horizon and recieved it about 2 weeks ago. When i got it i charged the battery a few time as the manual said to "condition", went to the water and the boat goes maybe 3-4 MPH. After 30 seconds or so it goes dead in the water, no throttle at all but it does have rudder control.
I go home call horizon and the tech said its a bad ESC, so he ships me one out. A week later i finally get it and try it. Exact same thing as before. I call horizon again and the tech was really rude and said somehow it was my fault, and there wasnt much that could be done. He said if it wasnt the ESC there wasnt anything else it could be.
Obviously something is wrong with it... Battery reads around 8.17 volts on my voltage reader. Does this sound like a bad motor? Also when the boat dies in the water (still has rudder control) If i mess around with the batteries in the transmitter after a while the prop will turn again. Could this problem have something to due with a faulty transmitter?
I would just like to be able to use my boat and its useless until i can figure it out so i would appreciate any suggestions.. Thank you

mach23
06-26-2013, 05:46 PM
Anyone... anyone....lol

JimClark
06-26-2013, 05:49 PM
Exactly what battery is it?

mach23
06-26-2013, 09:44 PM
thanks for the reply.. this is the battery
Speedpack 2400mAh Ni-MH 6-Cell Flat with EC3 Conn
by Dynamite

whatfloatsurboat?
06-26-2013, 10:10 PM
Does the esc have a separate switch from the main on/off that says lipo cut off? (it will be a smaller version of the power switch) Although even if this was switched to on, I doubt the battery would have reached the volt level to trip the low voltage cutoff. It certainly sounds like lvc though. check your wire connections from motor to esc. Maybe they are loose? Does the motor sound labored when applying throttle out of the water? Anything smell like burnt circuits in the hull?

Heaving Earth
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah check all your connections for sure.
Once I bought a Losi mini lst2 that came with Nimh pack. Well I charged it and got the same results as you. I took to the Lhs that sold it to me and they said they would try it out. Next day I go to get it, they said they tested it and it ran fine. I get home, charge it and it putts along sadly. I of course go back to the hobby shop and insist something is wrong, they insist it's fine.
Well I called the manufacturer and thru send a new pack. Charge it and try, voila! New pack works!
As for the Lhs, I knew they were bull*!***!***!***!**ting me. No wonder they're out of business now.
Anyways, something to look into is a new pack

mach23
06-26-2013, 10:33 PM
it does have the lipo cut off switch that is always off. i have tried a new esc so wouldnt that elimanate the LVC? i have checked wires and no burnt smell... im just lost with this

mach23
06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
maybe i will just buy a new battery pack and try it. did you ever try to take a voltage reading of the first pack?
Yeah check all your connections for sure.
Once I bought a Losi mini lst2 that came with Nimh pack. Well I charged it and got the same results as you. I took to the Lhs that sold it to me and they said they would try it out. Next day I go to get it, they said they tested it and it ran fine. I get home, charge it and it putts along sadly. I of course go back to the hobby shop and insist something is wrong, they insist it's fine.
Well I called the manufacturer and thru send a new pack. Charge it and try, voila! New pack works!
As for the Lhs, I knew they were bull*!***!***!***!**ting me. No wonder they're out of business now.
Anyways, something to look into is a new pack

Heaving Earth
06-26-2013, 10:36 PM
Get a new pack dood.
I don't remember, but the new pack worked fine, same charger and all...

Heaving Earth
06-26-2013, 10:39 PM
I'm sure a pack to run that thing is cheap enough

mach23
06-26-2013, 10:50 PM
i just ordered one, hope it works well for me... thanks

Heaving Earth
06-26-2013, 10:52 PM
Me too, considering I'm now partially responsible for your purchase lol

mach23
06-26-2013, 10:53 PM
haha an extra is always good anyway!