PDA

View Full Version : ESC Connections

ChaKane
07-09-2008, 06:30 AM
The original SV27 ESC was colour coded so you knew which wire from the ESC connected with which wire on the motor. Now I am going to replace the esc and the morot however the wires are not colour coded. Is there a particular order to connect them in and if it's by trial and error, can you cause any damage to the motor / ESC if they are not connected correctly?? :help:

eboat
07-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Does not matter what order they go on either the motor will run the right direction or backward and if it is backward you just exchange any 2 wires no harm done

Ub Hauled
07-09-2008, 12:14 PM
just make sure the battery connection is the right way or things will :flame42:

On the motor side there is no problem at all... if the prop spins the wrong way just do what eboat said, unplug the battery, change ANY 2 wires and you are good to go.

ghostofpf1
07-09-2008, 03:34 PM
Only one thing to remember.If the motor/esc is the sensored type you may have to reverse it via the esc programming and the wires need to be connected to each other in a particular manner.I know this to be true of Novak systems but not entirely sure about the other sensored motor/esc vendors.:confused2:
I imagine sensored motors/esc's are something not seen much in the rc boating world but you never know who is going to try what.:rockon2:

HTH
Ghost

ChaKane
07-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Thanks Guys. I understood about the battery end of the ESC needed to be correct but wasn't sure if the motor end might do the same if incorrectly wired.

Thanks again.