PDA

View Full Version : Flysky FS-GT3C

sampit
06-19-2013, 07:42 AM
Hi, I am looking for a new radio and a new pair of rx for my boats

was thinking a bout buying the Flysky FS-GT3C
Does any one have any experiance with the flysky are they worth buying, do they have any range problems in boats?

thanks for any input

egneg
06-19-2013, 08:43 AM
I bought the GT3B and several receivers, at first they were ok but soon I started having issues with run away boats. It now sits on the shelf as I prefer my Spektrum TX/RX's because they have proved to be dependable.

Rumdog
06-19-2013, 09:04 AM
The gt3c is awesome. Built in lipo and USB charging too. Never an issue with that or my gt3b.

HTVboats
06-19-2013, 11:19 AM
I have been running the GT3-B for 2 years and no problems I didn't create. (Carbon fiber cowling) Range has been excellent. Some time ago there were some threads on the GT3-C having a switch problem? I do like the idea of it coming lipo equipped out of the box.
Mic

Rocstar
06-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I bought the GT3B and several receivers, at first they were ok but soon I started having issues with run away boats. It now sits on the shelf as I prefer my Spektrum TX/RX's because they have proved to be dependable.
I really think there is a quality control issue with these. I have two, one that works well and another that has the same "run away" issue. I have heard of several issues with loss of control with this radio. I also know of a few that swear by them and have had no issues. I run a Spektrum DX4S for everything now.

sampit
06-20-2013, 07:02 AM
GT3-C on the way, will report back when it arrives

Megabiker98
06-20-2013, 11:44 AM
I really hope u got the green versio!?!? Because they fixed the switch issue in the green one as apprised to the orange one! They put a little rubber piece instead of a plastic piece. I have a gt3b in my stuff right now had it for about 4-5 months now, mainly got it for the cheap rx, and they work perfectly for me!

3b3b
06-20-2013, 01:12 PM
Regarding the rx... you guys feeding it out of the hull or just keeping it inside?

iamandrew
06-20-2013, 06:41 PM
Ive got two of the HK ones and have had a problem with one receiver, it stopped working, so i used a spare and binded that.
I dont have my receiver sealed or anything, i just spend the $5 and buy a few spares

Megabiker98
06-20-2013, 07:46 PM
Regarding the rx... you guys feeding it out of the hull or just keeping it inside? I keep mine inside,

Fast Guy
06-20-2013, 08:59 PM
I have the FlySky GT3B and a Futaba 4PL. I find the range about the same with a slight edge going to the FlySky. I have the GT in 5 different boats with the antennas inside the hull. I don't understand this runaway thing with the FlySky as when I go out of range or loose signal all my boats just stop and sit there until the connection is restored. I have even tested by turning off the transmitter and the motor stops instantly. Turn the transmitter back on and it links very quickly. Also I can buy 8 Flysky receivers for one Futaba.

paultbg
06-21-2013, 03:26 AM
I have the FlySky GT3B and a Futaba 4PL. I find the range about the same with a slight edge going to the FlySky. I have the GT in 5 different boats with the antennas inside the hull. I don't understand this runaway thing with the FlySky as when I go out of range or loose signal all my boats just stop and sit there until the connection is restored. I have even tested by turning off the transmitter and the motor stops instantly. Turn the transmitter back on and it links very quickly. Also I can buy 8 Flysky receivers for one Futaba.3

...agree, as long as you set the fail safe properly.

Fast Guy
06-21-2013, 06:11 AM

...agree, as long as you set the fail safe properly.

Thanks, I forgot to mention about the fail safe. Very easy to set on the FlySky

egneg
06-21-2013, 07:38 AM
I had the fail safe set and also bought the kit to upgrade the radio. But after 2 different boats with several receiver changes I stoped using it.

siberianhusky
06-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Last time out there were 5 of us running. 3 Spektrum users and 2 HK users, one 2 channel one 3 channel.
The HK radios BOTH found a dead spot at our pond, the Spektrum users didn't.
Not sure why, last 3 or 4 seasons the HK radios seemed perfect, this year something must have changed at our spot.
Maybe the dual antennae on the MR Spektrum RX's were able to maintain signal quality?
Strange whatever the cause.

kendt
06-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Actally the deadspot was with my spectrum. I wasn't using my hk that day.

siberianhusky
06-23-2013, 12:02 PM
OK one of each then, no issues yesterday...

Fluid
06-23-2013, 01:40 PM
Flysky users at our pond with internal antennas occasionally find dead spots on the course, not so with Futaba or Spektrum. Even Futaba FM radios had no problems.

I cannot understand the fascination with cheap radios. Gas racers I know have sold their FASST and Airtronics radios - which always worked perfectly - to buy cheap Flyskys. Now some of them have control issues. Makes no sense to me.

Heaving Earth
06-23-2013, 01:42 PM
I have a friend using spectrum and he finds dead spots.

NorCalZ71
06-23-2013, 01:58 PM
The main reason for going with "cheap" radios is its 8$ per receiver compared to 80$ per with some "name brand" radios.
Just works out better on the wallet. I have both spectrum and a gt3-b I use the gt3 more because I have 10 receivers for it and it works fine with any type of vehicle. I have my firmware updated and use 8ch receivers. They seem to offer slightly better range.
Kevin.
Nsr customs.

Fast Guy
06-23-2013, 03:13 PM
The main reason for going with "cheap" radios is its 8$ per receiver compared to 80$ per with some "name brand" radios.
Just works out better on the wallet. I have both spectrum and a gt3-b I use the gt3 more because I have 10 receivers for it and it works fine with any type of vehicle. I have my firmware updated and use 8ch receivers. They seem to offer slightly better range.
Kevin.
Nsr customs.

I always wondered what they put in the $80 receivers that makes them cost so much more. It's not like the $8 ones don't work, they work just as well if not better.

NorCalZ71
06-23-2013, 04:16 PM
The expensive ones are different on the outside not the inside.. its that small sticker or emblem that makes the price so high.. I'm gonna start slappin futaba logos on all my radio gear and see if it makes a difference :p

Kevin.
Nsr customs.

Heaving Earth
06-23-2013, 04:51 PM
I'm gonna put NASA stickers on mine

SloHD
06-23-2013, 05:51 PM
Flysky works ok, im not a fan. Go race a touring car, or a 2wd buggy and see if you don't through that flysky in the garbage. Just saying guys, you're not just paying for a brand name.

kendt
06-23-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm gonna put NASA stickers on mine

Too funny...

They may not be quite as good as the higher end radios but for the most part mine is pretty darn good and has a lot of features for the price.

Rumdog
06-23-2013, 07:05 PM
Really.. Tell me why they don't work good in a buggy

SloHD
06-23-2013, 07:27 PM
I guess I should of put "race" in quotation marks.

NorCalZ71
06-23-2013, 09:44 PM
I "raced" shortcourse for 2 years competitively and I refuse to use a spectrum receiver in a race vehicle. When you get 30 name brand radios running in close proximity you have more problems with interference then the budget radios ever thought of having.
When it all comes down to it if you prefer name brand and can afford it then go for it. If ya can't then these radios work great. There's no need to argue who's radio is better it doesn't matter.. if it works it works..

Kevin.
Nsr customs.

HTVboats
06-24-2013, 07:58 AM
I don't think you need too much more than steering and throttle to "race" a boat. I have Futaba FAAST and Nomadio's on the shelf and use the Fly-Skys more and more. Why? inexpensive compact receivers that have great range. Electronics get copied and also get a lot cheaper every year. The laptop you paid $400 for was thousands just a few years back. Our name brand radios haven't gone down much ever? Your money your choice.
Mic

JimClark
06-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I will gladly take one or two mr200's off your hands of those so in love with Flysky radios

NorCalZ71
06-24-2013, 05:48 PM
If I had one I would send it your way. Got my gt3-b before I got any dsm2 gear so I never got any of the marine receivers.

Kevin.
Nsr customs.

Heaving Earth
06-24-2013, 06:01 PM
here my experience with the flyfky, tactic and spectrum.
a friend and i run at a pond that has quite a few dead spots. we dunno why, but…. ive lost signal at times with my tactic, he loses his spectrum quite often, and my flysky has lost signal the fewest amount of times out of all of them. i think once i lost it. i will say, the rx dont like getting wet, so a simple coating of waterproofing is simple enough. im happy with it. i just wish it had a red light or something on it, cause the display light goes off after a short period, and i forget its on. im using the gt3b

kendt
06-24-2013, 06:33 PM
Ya it was the cost of the receivers that did it for me too. When I realized I could get a whole programmable radio system for little more than a receiver cost for my spektrum it was pretty much a no brainer.

hyrulejedi86
07-25-2013, 09:42 AM
I too have the FlySky from hobbypartz though and it has been absolutely fantastic for my Rustler VXL and all my boats. Loss of any signal results is the motor just stopping with no runaways. I can take it as far as I can see and never had any issues yet. I wired in a deans plug and use a Tx lipo pack from HK to reduce battery useage. My only complaint that I haven't figured out how to fix yet is on my Rustler, when braking it is like a pulsed brake not a constant brake like the stock Traxxas Tx/Rx had.

NorCalZ71
07-25-2013, 09:48 AM
That pulsing may be because it has an abs setting and you have it set incorrectly. Or the settings in the radio are backwards. I heard stock firmware had a bug in it on on of the abs feature settings.

Kevin.
Nsr customs.

Mulisha
07-25-2013, 04:20 PM
I will gladly take one or two mr200's off your hands of those so in love with Flysky radios

LOL ditto. Only have spektrum and mr200's never an issue. You start wanting to get the cheap rx/tx then next thing you know it will be hk motor and speedy. "Electronics get copies" how many run birdie esc's do you have? :D

jetnfast
07-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Been happy with my GT3-C so far, cant complain.

3b3b
07-30-2013, 11:31 AM
I too have the FlySky from hobbypartz though and it has been absolutely fantastic for my Rustler VXL and all my boats. Loss of any signal results is the motor just stopping with no runaways. I can take it as far as I can see and never had any issues yet. I wired in a deans plug and use a Tx lipo pack from HK to reduce battery useage. My only complaint that I haven't figured out how to fix yet is on my Rustler, when braking it is like a pulsed brake not a constant brake like the stock Traxxas Tx/Rx had.

http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/FS-GT3B-Manual.pdf

Go to page 22

hyrulejedi86
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
http://site.hobbypartz.com/manual/FS-GT3B-Manual.pdf

Go to page 22

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try this when I get home. I guess it doesn't matter in boats but on my Rustler I'll try all the settings and see which is closest to a smooth brake