PDA

View Full Version : anyone here bowfish?

skidooguymxz550
07-08-2008, 11:40 PM
simple question, i just got into it this spring and it is a absolute freaking ball!, i'm not really great at it only got about 40 carp and ten buffalos since may but its a great way to pass the time. went into my uncles bowshop lookin for somethin cheap and he gave me a myles keller legend magnum spool and arrow for free and me and my buddies were off shootin um that day.

since i have gotten more serious
got a fourteen foot lund with a trollin motor that i built a platform on out of sign board (it says casual dining at its finest) and rigged her up with a generator and flood lights. also upgraded to a ams retriever on the bow wich made a world of difference

so anyone else here partake in this sport?

what kind of bow and boat you running?

Jeepers
07-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Nope sounds like fun! I just shoot regular archery.

skidooguymxz550
07-09-2008, 01:47 AM
if you have anybodys of water near you with rough fish by a spool and arrow and give it a try, that way if you dont like it your out 40$.

i like it because ive been bowhunting but never even got to take a shot, this is action packed lots of shots with out having to be patient.

ChaKane
07-09-2008, 06:33 AM
I used to do a lot of it in my singles days. We have a lot of carp around here in the waterways and it's illegal to return them if you catch them. Good fun.

highndry
07-09-2008, 06:44 PM
My kid does. We have a bunch of grass carp in our lake up to 40lbs. They were brought in for weed control but now have neutered the lake - no grass left. We chum them with bread and then catch them on a dear-hair fly that resembles our fish food