PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Delta Force 26 Hatch

capnswanny
06-16-2013, 08:44 PM
Looking for a DF26 hatch...or where to buy, yellow preferred...but not necesary.

Snuck away to the lake this morning while everyone was asleep, it was a bit choppy but not bad. After running a few boats I dropped the DF26 in the water. About 2 minutes into the run it snuffed and dove HARD! When she came back up she was without hatch…..and then she sunk!
NOTE: expanding foam not enough to float your boat!
Only 20 feet offshore in 8 feet of water, found it in about 5 minutes, tried for 30 minutes to pull it up using the oar and then jumper cables. Finally took off my shoes, dove out of the kayak and raised her from the deep.

All my parts are pulled, dried, flushed, cleaned BUT now I am hatch-less in Oak Harbor!

If anybody has an extra or knows where I can buy one, I’d sure appreciate your help!

Thanks!
Corey

keithbradley
06-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Got a pic of the hull? I have a hatch here that I think will fit...

capnswanny
06-17-2013, 12:15 AM
Here's the thread from when I picked up the hull......Thanks!!
Corey

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?40247-Looking-for-a-DF26&highlight=

keithbradley
06-17-2013, 06:32 AM
It looks the same. I probably won't have time to take and post a pic tonight, but I will do so in the next couple of days. The hatch I have is yellow so it should match as well.
If you want it you can pay for shipping and I'll send it your way.

capnswanny
06-17-2013, 09:00 AM
That is AWESOME....would $20 cover it?
Thanks!
Corey

martin
06-17-2013, 09:15 AM
Make sure to add some foam to your new hatch as insurance in case the hatch comes off again.

capnswanny
06-17-2013, 09:45 AM
I'm with you there...hatch locks are also in my future.

Make sure to add some foam to your new hatch as insurance in case the hatch comes off again.

martin
06-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Yes I always use fixings on my hatches, seen to many hatches come off just using tape.

capnswanny
06-27-2013, 12:03 AM
Keith, I recieved the hatch and I am VERY pleased.
Thanks so much for taking the time to get me this.
It is in perfect condition and the carbon fiber windscreen looks VERY cooool!
This is more than I could have hoped for!
Fair Winds,
Corey