PDA

View Full Version : HobbyWing Seaking-120A/Turnigy Marine HELP !?

viper1
06-11-2013, 04:19 AM
HobbyWing Seaking-120A/Turnigy Marine HELP !?

Second run on this ESC, it stopped in the middle of the pond, no response, at first I thought I had a radio problem, but then I was getting a response, but weird, like my input was delayed, could just get it back to shore.
I checked the radio all is OK.
But now the ESC is brain dead, I get a beep interval of about 2 seconds (according to the manual a signal problem)
The internal BEC still works
I checked output signal on the RX, is OK
If I connect the ESC to program card I can not program anything.
I tried re-calibrating, but I can't even get in the set-up mode.

Known issue? Any fixes?

Edit:
Also: It's not been under any stress at all, still setting up my new tunnel hull so it's under-propped and on 4s instead of 6s.
System is literally running cold. Not a drop of water in the hull either.

Peter A
06-11-2013, 09:02 PM
Bugger! I have an sk90 that died dead, in a miss elam, pb 1500kv motor, I thought I'd give it a go on 6s, two laps and nada. It may just be a dud, in which new esc will fix the problem, after all they are not very expensive. I have wondered if mine could be brought back to life with some new caps though. Hopefully someone else might have a better theory for you though.

boredom.is.me
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Contact the seller for an exchange.

viper1
06-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Contact the seller for an exchange.

Not an option for two reasons, 1) not very economical given the cost of postage vs cost of item.
2) I modified this one from new, no warranty (see http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1840066) post#52

UPDATE;

Not a drop of water in the hull I mentioned in the OP, but after cutting the heat shrink open I noticed there was moisture inside the ESC. After spraying with CRC and blow-drying VOILA she came alive !! All good.
Will shrink it again and seal the ends with silicone this time. I thought I did but "in the heat of finishing" must have forgotten.

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=100165&d=1370458789