PDA

View Full Version : Speed control problems

FuglyBastard
07-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey! My brushless Blackjack has cut out in the water a few times now, But it would always work again eventually. I was about to go out and play today but the motor wouldnt work but the servo does. The speed control doesnt beep when I pluged it in. I tryed changeing connections unpluging batteries, looking through the manual. Nothing! The motor just wont work!

I connected the motor to another speed control and it did work, So I know that works. Anyone out there ever have this problem?

hex-dj
07-08-2008, 12:19 AM
I ve had the same issues,but I soldered the motor to esc cables and it hasnt happen anymore. FuglyBastard.

ReddyWatts
07-08-2008, 12:20 AM
I had it happen once and turned out to be a bad connection in one of the battery packs.

frdvschvy
07-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Dealing with the exact same problem right now and have not come up with a solution. I spoke with Horizon/Proboat and they suggest sending them the ESC to look at. Not excited about the idea of shipping this thing out and not having any idea how long the boat is going to be out of commission. :cursing:

I am confident that this is not a battery problem as they still take a charge just fine.

FuglyBastard
07-09-2008, 06:34 PM
Well guess I lucked out, Theres a sale on the stock speed control in the store section right now. Bought a new Octura X642 prop to. Guess my cousin with the nitro Miss Vegas is going to have a nice little surprise when I get back in the water :roflol: