PDA

View Full Version : Bushing: Recessed or Protruding?

metoo
06-05-2013, 08:26 PM
The bushing came recessed on my boat. I thought I saw it protruding in photos of other Revolts. Is this ok?

And while we're talking about it, I've only seen one post here where someone said they "upgraded" the bushing. I took that meaning that not many of you feel that's a worthwhile mod prior to the stock one wearing out. Correct?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll107/redrex3/Public/tube_zpsec689afd.jpg

Heaving Earth
06-05-2013, 08:55 PM
It's a floating design. It will move in and out of your strut. Do not try to glue it or anything, it's normal for it to move.
Recessed is fine. You'll find after a run it's come out, also fine

Niky
06-06-2013, 07:05 AM
Hi there,
I have one question;
the stock motor of the Revolt is strong enough to sopport the 6s with T180 ESC?
They say that the best comb. for 6s is T180ESC+1600KV motor.
But also , I heard that an 1800kv motor on 6s is OK with T180ESC and an X442 as propeller.
Thanks all, Niky.

Fluid
06-06-2013, 08:21 AM
You should really start a new thread instead of jacking this one. That said, a Kv of 1800 is really too much for 6S. If you are careful you can make it work, but it can put a lot of stress on the entire system. The flex cable is likely to fail sooner. Driveline balance and alignment is more critical. A slight change in prop, or running the boat too wet, can cause a failure. You would be better off to either run 5S, or to get a motor with a lower Kv and more torque.

jetskier
06-12-2013, 02:13 PM
just a note: if aftermarket bushings are a little oversized, just mount them to a drill and wrap fine sandpaper around them and sand them down till it glides into the stuffing tube freely. they should float with grease on the OD and ID. Just replaced my worn out OEM bushing with a Kintec.