PDA

View Full Version : Question about MG versions.

kwiktsi
05-31-2013, 06:16 PM
OK, I have a version 2 (I believe) MG and it has natural aluminium hardware on the back, the battery trays start at the rear edge of the steering servo, my motor is all blue, natural aluminum motor mount, no "M" (Mystic logo) decals on the hull and my stand is plain all around (no Miss Geico on it). Now I have seen pics with some that have like a dark charcoal or possibly black hardware, blue motor mount, silver motor (though it could have been swapped), battery trays further forward, "M" decals on the hull and "Miss Geico" lasered on the stand.

What gives with all the differences? Is it V1 vs. V2? Other changes? The more pics I see, the more curious I get :confused:.

Gabe_k
05-31-2013, 06:23 PM
my version one: blue motor mount, silver motor but the end pieces are blue, blue cooling sleeve, the running gear is not silver, it has a grayist tint to it. stand is plain

hydro_pyro
05-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Sounds like my Blackjack. Blue motor, silver mount, offset rudder. Probably V2.

BHChieftain
05-31-2013, 09:01 PM
If you have an external battery chemistry switch then it is v2
Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

kwiktsi
05-31-2013, 09:02 PM
Mine had an inline rudder like all the MG's, I modded it to be offset. Other than that, yeah, I figured by the part # that mine was a V2 but was curious about the differences I have seen throughout pics. I didn't know if it was a V1 vs. V2 thing, who built it on what day or what lol.

kwiktsi
05-31-2013, 09:04 PM
If you have an external battery chemistry switch then it is v2
Chief

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 2

Yup, I do :). As I said above, I guess I was more curious what all the differences were when looking at pics- decals, stand plain vs. engraved, etc. hardware color, etc.

Gabe_k
06-06-2013, 06:04 PM
in the miss geico race prep thread, darins stand is engraved... and that was back in 2010... yet mine is not.. weird

kwiktsi
06-06-2013, 06:16 PM
Yeah, from the pics I have seen, the engraved stand seems to be an early thing. I guess in order to improve the boat, they had to charge more and save on the engraving lol. Funny thing is I was planning to laser engrave mine with the Miss Geico lettering before I even realized they ever came that way. I didn't glue my stand together because I plan on taking it back apart and tossing it in the laser one of these days to do it.

Ozzypatrol
07-05-2013, 08:31 AM
Sorta funny, I purchased my mg29 down here in Western Australia. It was the old box, but a v2 boat. They include the chemistry switch and the programmer, not sure if it was a balls up. But seems silly to have both, not that I am complaining!

J.W. Pepper
07-05-2013, 03:44 PM
Main diffrence between the V1 & V2 boats is the electronics, the V2's have Dynamite motors & ESC's. I'm sure there are some other subtle difference's such as: color of the motor mount & transom hardware.

V1's have the silver motor with blue end caps & blue cooling jacket like this one... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3310 - and the ESC is a 45A unit that looks like this... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PRB3309 - they were connected with tiny 3.5mm bullets.

The Dynamite motors are all blue... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYNM3835 - and the ESC is now a 60A unit with larger gauge wire & 4mm bullet connectors... http://www.proboatmodels.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYNM3815 - please note: the program card for the PB ESC's will not work with the V2's Dynamite ESC, have to get the (yellow) program card designed for them.

Hope that helps you guys out...

OK, I have a version 2 (I believe) MG and it has natural aluminium hardware on the back, the battery trays start at the rear edge of the steering servo, my motor is all blue, natural aluminum motor mount, no "M" (Mystic logo) decals on the hull and my stand is plain all around (no Miss Geico on it). Now I have seen pics with some that have like a dark charcoal or possibly black hardware, blue motor mount, silver motor (though it could have been swapped), battery trays further forward, "M" decals on the hull and "Miss Geico" lasered on the stand.

What gives with all the differences? Is it V1 vs. V2? Other changes? The more pics I see, the more curious I get :confused:.