PDA

View Full Version : Stock Miss Geico & CRC 73" Mystic

Solostunters
05-30-2013, 04:13 PM
First off I am new to the RC boating world been around nitro trucks and traxxas funny car and I have a real size boat 32' Baja.

First thing first, I got a Miss Geico last year and it has never touched water yet, I am seeing people play with these a lot! One question is, how fast can these hulls with stand? I am wanting to build this thing up where it will scream!! I have everything to run it stock, minus a diff prop I got off proboats site and the program card to run the lipos. I currently have 2 x 2s traxxas lipos, what stock speed can I get out of this? I seen on the boat it can hit 50+mph. Is this true? I see on you tube people saying they hit over 60mph? What is a good set up motor and esc wise to run this the balls off this little devil!??

Second note, I currently just had Keith Bradley build me a central RC 73" mystic. It has 2 x swordfish 300 esc's, 2 x Beast x528 motors running 2 x 10s lipos! The esc's are data logging and everything, has anyone messed around with one of these? I know you can play with them on a laptop, but I ordered a programm box also, since my wife is stingy with her laptop.i am wanting to get this sucker out and run it, but I was told to read up and ask questions on set ups. It has the clickable drives under her. So I guess I need to learn where to trim the boat at and where to set the lipos in there? Any ideas on props to use to get the most speed out of it what are some high speed props to use with this big boat to get it flying?

Lipos= I am new to lipos, I have them for my funny car ( 3s ) and my Miss G 2 x 2s. With me running these 10s packs I needed a BIG hcharger so I went with the Icharger4010 and a efuel 1200 power supply. Anyone have one of these Ichargers? How do you know the pack is charged? Does the charger shut down? Did You have to clamp your own bullet connectors to the icharger also?

I appreciate all info anyone has!!! My mind goes crazy trying to think and learn all this stuff!

iridebikes247
06-06-2013, 06:34 PM
Start with x457 props on 10s. Set the drives to neutral. Run the boat a lot with this setup before thinking about propping up. The charger will read the voltage of the pack and charge until its done and will shut up when its done. Be very careful with everything thats a big very nice boat by the way.