PDA

View Full Version : And it begins - modding that is

kookie_guy
07-05-2008, 06:29 PM
so much for keeping it stock. no pics, so sorry. took everything out of the boat, and pulled the battery trays. got in there with an exacto knife to make it look super clean. then put it all back.

question, anyone got good ideas on securing the batteries? Not too fond of just velcro strips. If you have something good, please post pics?

I was thinking of making a loop style velcro "latch", and using some resin to bond it to the hull, then it will not go anywhere.

Mich. Maniac
07-05-2008, 08:51 PM
If they still make the battery holders that RC10T came with, like a tray with a strap across. Those would be light weight and you could epoxy them in. The only problem with something like that is they would be farely permanent and if you changed battery styles they may not fit anymore. I have always used velcro and havent had a pack come loose yet.

birdy233
07-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Xtreme double straps is what you want, hands down, I flipped my boat three or four times in one run and the batteries haven't moved. The velcro that attaches to the hull uses some great adhesive that even after being wet is stong as ever!

http://puretechproducts.com/products.html

kookie_guy
07-06-2008, 11:07 PM
sweet. that looks like it'll hold up nice and well.