PDA

View Full Version : Help! ESC Problem...

frdvschvy
07-04-2008, 05:54 PM
I as running my BJ26 at a local lake this morning in the designated RC boat section. A couple of minutes into running the boat just stopped running. Still had servo control, but no throttle. Made my way out for the retrieval and realized what the problem was...

Some Douche Bag decided it was a good idea to fish in the area which is clearly marked NO FISHING and had his line WAY out there. The line was wrapped around my prop shaft and I am guessing bound up the drive line. I switched the boat off and made my way back to shore.

Removed the fishing line and powered back on but no beeps from the ESC. Tried unplugging batteries, plugging back in and turning ESC on, still no beeps or throttle response. Tried re-charging the batteries and plugging back into to ESC, still no beeps on power up or throttle respones.

I am guessing my ESC must be fried :flame42: ?? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

hex-dj
07-04-2008, 06:40 PM
Check for motor/esc wires connection,and between batts./esc connections.

frdvschvy
07-04-2008, 07:02 PM
Check for motor/esc wires connection,and between batts./esc connections.

Yep, that was my first thought. All connections look solid.

Mich. Maniac
07-04-2008, 07:03 PM
you seem to have it figured out. Its blown. Get another one and try it before you throw yours out but sounds for sure blown. Any smells or signs of massive heat?

hex-dj
07-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Its blown then. frdvschvy

frdvschvy
07-04-2008, 10:53 PM
Thats a bummer. Can I run an aftermarket ESC with the stock BJ26 motor and see any performance gains?

hex-dj
07-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Yes you can frdvschvy.

frdvschvy
07-05-2008, 12:42 AM
Yes you can frdvschvy.

Thanks Hex. Any suggestions on what ESC to run? What kind of performance gains should one expect with an aftermarket ESC?

hex-dj
07-05-2008, 01:11 AM
Better current flow ex. the Hydras from Castle Creations ...120 or 240. They allow you to use huge amounts of volts with your motor.

Apples1
07-05-2008, 04:20 AM
The Motor is matched for the ESC for a reason, and the stock motor will only take so much of a beating, i wouldnt push it too hard, if you want big gains, add a aftermarket motor and a esc, but IMO there is not much point changing ESC with out changing the motor.

Mich. Maniac
07-05-2008, 08:46 AM
IMO there is not much point changing ESC with out changing the motor.

The point to change is that his blew. I would say youd be kewl to go with a x-power 100A esc. Steven sells them here. Hydra's are nice but expensive. Or just look around and see what you find. You can always change motors next year. Or the year after. Or the year after!!