PDA

View Full Version : Impba dist. 12 race #3 centreville, va

carlcisneros
05-12-2013, 07:10 PM

OK folks, here is the entry form for race #3 Dist. 12 in Centreville VA.

Hope to see everyone in the district there. :banana:

Remember, no word of mouth or e-mail entries accepted.

Chilli
05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
Here is the entry form in PDF format for those that have problems downloading the Word.doc file.

Just a reminder for all to review the combined Nitro/FE and D12 Stock Gas rules located on the Capitol Club web site. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask here.

carlcisneros
05-14-2013, 12:46 AM
the entry form has been updated to show Stock 45 Tunnel

HOTWATER
05-19-2013, 02:57 PM
Ok...D.12 race#2 in the books...ready for race # 3...

Chilli
05-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Well...... How did it go?

HOTWATER
05-19-2013, 05:36 PM
It went about as good as it went for me at Hagerstown...I jumped the start today in B/P-lim. Tunnel which made my shot at 1st go to Robin...just 46 points between us for 1st...doh! Yep, screwed that up for myself...lol! 2nd in P mono (Carl 1st...glad for him) and 3rd in B/P-lim Hydro....Man-o-man were Kentley and Scott Liddycoat's JAE's WICKED FASST!!! I was basically a moving bouey for them to navigate...lmao!! Could not have been beat by two of the nicest guys for sure!

I gotta give you the lowdown on the 1st Tunnel heat...just waiting on a pic from our famed photographer Pete Welty...don't worry...the pic is worth a thousand words....stand by for that one.....

Chilli
05-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Well that's cool. Looks like you had a good weekend. You have now earned your "I got lapped by Kentley Porter patch". I think KP and Scott could probably take us even with full P-Power. And you are correct. Two of the nicest guys in the hobby! Didn't KP run a tunnel? How did that do? How about the Loebs? How about the kids in Novice?? Did Trent's Whip run good??

I worked on the awards for our race a little on Saturday. Do you want me to mail yours now or wait till next month....:laugh: We had a test and tune this morning. Only three showed up because of the crappy forecast. But the weather ended up not too bad. I sanded down the rest of the strakes that I took half way down in the Insane Mono. Took care of the wobble in the turns but looks like a turd. LOL The TS3 is running real good. Full throttle in the turns!! I also tweaked a sponson tip on the RR. John prepped the boat and took me out of my normal routine. Forgot to turn the receiver on. I yelled at John to shut it down but he couldn't hear me and threw the boat in the water. Luckily only went 20 feet at idle and drifted left toward the rocks. My life flashed before my eyes when it hit the water. LOL. I've already started the repair.

HOTWATER
05-19-2013, 07:11 PM
KP ran his Lynx with a new O.S. OB on it...It ran well but he told me the motor still needed break in time...Dick ran his PS295 and did ok but I think he brought it to run and just make sure we had enough for the class (we had 6 tunnels...no prob.)...think he was more focused on other classes to be honest....Carol was unable to make the trip...Dick told me she was not feeling well so, no cookies...bummer...

Trent's son Whip ran really well in novice, just like a Whip should....I think they were both very pleased with it!

The Gas Rigger class was Robin, James and Dick....basically, Dick's would not start up in three heats so he put it in the trailer after that...James' rigger ran ok but Robin had problems the first couple of heats and on the third heat he finally got it running well...then about 2/3 through that heat his radio went south...and....you guessed it....it went round and round in circles (just missing the start clock at one point) and finally hit some tall grass on the shore. The only one you would have been able to run with would have been Beas (you would have been golden...put it that way)...

Carl was a great pitman for me this weekend and was great to hang out with him...Carl...you da man! Thank you!

Well, i'm glad you did not wreck your Gas Rigger due to the switch not being switched on...OH My!!!

carlcisneros
05-20-2013, 10:08 AM
had a great time at the races. Kent filled you in onthe happenings.
Kent and I pitted for each other formost of the time.
found the problem with the circuit breaker Kent, it was the surge protector stip I had, it is bad so
it is in the trashnow. LOL

Mike, Work on Tracy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

HOTWATER
05-20-2013, 04:42 PM
Thats cool Carl...for a while there I thought it may have been my ext. cord.....

carlcisneros
05-23-2013, 02:32 PM
getting the Q mono ready for testing next weekend and see how it goes.
did some balancing on it and found it is too tail heavy so to speak.

if it works well during testing I MIGHT run it instead of the twin in open nitro/fe mono.

Mike can tell you how fast that is LOL

HOTWATER
05-23-2013, 04:41 PM
Nice...what hull is it?

carlcisneros
05-30-2013, 08:52 AM
ok folks, with about 3 weeks to go until our race, please get your entries in as soon as you can.

thanks

Kent: Youngblood Mono

Chilli
05-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Entry List. Tentative entries in red. When Carl receives your entry and you are officially entered, your name goes to black.

Novice
Gavin Ghattas
Meredith Shaw

B/P Mono
Mike Chirillo
Kent Seal
Carl Cisneros
Robin Stebbins
Daryl Adams
Don Spar
Larry Roberts

B/P-Lim Tunnel
John Chirillo
Kent Seal
Kobie Jones
John Crouch
Dylan Groft
Ron Shaw

B/P-Lim Hydro
John Chirillo
Kent Seal
Don Ferrette
Charles Jones
Trent Ghattas
Larry Roberts
Dick Loeb

B-Sport Tunnel
Kobie Jones
Dylan Groft
Dick Loeb
Ron Shaw

D-Stock Tunnel
Ron Shaw
Dick Loeb
Carol Loeb

Sport 40/ Q Sport Hydro
Charles Jones
Don Sparr
Larry Roberts

1/8th Scale Nitro/FE
George Anastasi
Larry Roberts
Tracy Dolphin

Open Nitro/FE Mono
Carl Cisneros

Open Nitro/FE Hydro
Don Ferrette
Charles Jones
George Anastasi

Open Tunnel
Ron Shaw

Gas Mono
John Crouch
Jim Skelton
Ron Shaw
Ray Hotchkin

Gas Cat
John Crouch

Gas Sport Hydro
Ray Hotchkin
Charles Jones
Trent Ghattas
Dick Loeb
John Finch
Jim Skelton

Gas Rigger
Mike Chirillo
Robin Stebbins
Dick Loeb
John Finch

Thunderboat
Ray Hotchkin
Don Spar
Dick Loeb
Carol Loeb
Jim Skelton

Open Offshore
Mike Chirillo
Daryl Adams
John Crouch

Stock Gas
Carol Loeb
Ray Hotchkin

carlcisneros
06-07-2013, 10:50 PM
ok folks

2 WEEKS LEFT until our race................................

Chilli
06-14-2013, 01:00 AM
We're getting close to the deadline. Entries are updated as of Thursdays mail. Get them in!

carlcisneros
06-14-2013, 10:48 PM
registration cut off is this coming Tuesday 18 June 2013.

carlcisneros
06-18-2013, 10:59 PM
hours left until cut off folks.
I will be building up the heats Wed,

carlcisneros
06-19-2013, 09:29 AM
race entries are now closed folks.

Open Nitro/FE Mono and Open Tunnel are scrapped. not enough entries.