PDA

View Full Version : NC BOAT CLUB ACTION (June 21,22)

Stinson68
05-10-2013, 02:32 AM
We are a new club that will be having our 1st open run in Mooresville NC on June 22. Many people have conversed and kicked around the idea so it's time to deliver. We now have a secure spot on lake Norman in a cove that will be cut off to anyone not doing rc on get together day(s). For those of you who know Mooresville we will be on homer lane off of Cornelius rd exit 36(i-77) we hope to make this a nice size event as we have plenty of interest on this date already. There will be bouys in place as we will run it as a mock race as well as have free running at times as well,THIS WILL NOT BE A REGULATION COURSE AS OF YET AS WE ARE STILL TRYING TO GET EVERYTHING UP TO PAR AND CODE TO MAYBE HOLD EVENTS IF POSSIBLE.... We invite any and all boaters electric,nitro,gas,etc. there will be a retrieval boat on hand also we will host a small cookout on the 22nd for those participants as a meet and greet mingle type deal. As far as June 21 for those that will like to be a little more hands on a few guys will be heading to the lake to cut the grass and straighten up for Saturdays event. Also at 7pm we would like to get as many people together at Cracker Barrel off exit 36 (i77) for a initial meeting of everyone as we are all one big family all wanting to have fun. If there are any questions please reply as I'm sure I have left out some info please dont get upset as I'm very excited while typing and probably forgot something's

Chilli
05-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Good luck with the new club. I know we have some FE boaters in the Charlotte area and hope some of them come aboard. Have you posted on International Waters and Jim's RC Boat Dock where the nitro and gas guys hang out? LMK if you need anything.

Stinson68
05-12-2013, 10:21 PM
As of yet no i havnt posted there as i didnt know about those forums but i am deffinatley about to sign up and post. Also thank you for stopping in wishing us the best as we try our best to become as great as other clubs and follow in there foot steps.

skiking1739
05-26-2013, 03:30 PM
Stinson, you can add my name to the list of interested people. I live on the northern end of Lake Norman near channel marker 25 across from Bills Marina, and run my RC Boats in a secluded cove at the TOP Of The Lake Community. I've been running a modified Supervee, a UL-1, a Motley Crew, and a Pursuit Mono.

You can imagine my surprise as I originally read this post while attending the Wave Blasters Spring Bash in Fort Pierce Florida. Hopefully I'll be posting some videos of that event soon. The Wave Blasters really have it going on. We could learn a lot from them. There are some good post here on the forum for that event, check it out. Here is a sample viedo I shot while there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFfmzb5ByNw

I'm still on the road, but will be back in Mooresville around the middle of the month, and look forward to meeting everyone.

The site you mentioned sounds curiously close to the Pro Wakeboard Site they're having in early June. Any connection?

Later,

SkiKing

Stinson68
05-26-2013, 03:39 PM
its the exact same location

Chilli
05-26-2013, 03:49 PM
You guys should take a road trip to Northern VA in four weeks and we'll show you how we do it D12 style. We definitely need a FE presence in the Tarheel State. The only other club is in Greensboro (mostly gas and nitro) and they have been pretty quiet this year. Good luck to you all!

EDIT.........disregard the first sentence. I just realized your meet up is the same weekend as our race... Let us know how your first event goes.

Stinson68
05-27-2013, 08:46 AM
Actually just got some news thursday that they will be shooting a movie that weekend on site, so we are pushed back a week I was calling everyone tommorow to let them know as I was busy this weekend race offroad rc so actually a trip maybe doable

Stinson68
05-27-2013, 08:48 AM
Also that could give us ALOT of ideas for whats we need to do

Chilli
05-27-2013, 11:52 AM
Well you guys are more than welcome to come up. Whether you want to race or just come up and watch. We have a novice class for those that want to try running the buoys for the first time and a class for just about anything else for those who have raced before. The only stipulation is you have to join the IMPBA if you want to race. Also no riggers in the novice class. If you just want to come up for the day and soak it all in, that's cool too. The district director will be there also so you can meet him.

Stinson68
05-27-2013, 01:36 PM
be looking for a crowd of us to come down!!!

Chilli
05-27-2013, 04:39 PM
That's fine by me. The more, the merrier! We're also expecting some boaters from Raleigh. Just let me know what your plan is when you get it all figured out and we'll go from there.

Do you work at CLT??

Chilli
06-11-2013, 12:45 PM
Check your PM's Mitchell. Got a possible new member for you.