PDA

View Full Version : Swirdfish 300 or HiFei Software: Run Time error. anyone else have?

photohoward1
05-01-2013, 01:42 PM
Running the software for the Swordfish 300. I can set the parameters but cannot load the data from the unit.
I get a Runtime error and it shuts down.

Any Window 7 geniuses out there? ***I HATE WINDOWS*** btw xp would not recognize the Com port to USB bridge. Maybe the machine was to old? Tried 2 different windows 7 machines too.

Rocstar
05-01-2013, 03:31 PM
Keith Bradley recently check into this...from a post on KBB Forums.

"I emailed Michelle in regards to the issue that some of us have had with uploading datalogs from SF ESCs. Some of us have ran into this where: All programming functions work, but when uploading data logs, a window pops up that says "runtime error". Here is what she said:

The problem is happened in relation with computer’s setting in administrator. It mainly happens on computers with Windows 7 and software is installed to hard disk ‘C’.

When software is installed to ‘C’, a new generated data file will be auto saved under the same folder in ‘C’. When upload the data from ‘C’, computer will regard it as a risk operation, so it is terminated.

There are two methods to fix the issue.

One is to install HiFei software to o the r hard disks ra the r than ‘C’.

Second is to change administrator permission of hard disk ‘C’. Right click mouse ‘C’, and get into attributes, the n click ‘safety setting’, and choose ‘administrator’ and change the permission settings"

photohoward1
05-01-2013, 03:46 PM
Thanks.

Reinstalled on a different drive. worked great.

DPeterson
05-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Now Howard - take back all that nasty stuff you said about Windows!

Doug

photohoward1
05-01-2013, 07:40 PM
No!

kevinpratt823
05-17-2013, 07:58 PM
Running windows xp. Finally got the device to open, it was previously configured to com port 17, and the software only searches to 16. I was able to adjust parameters, but the logging would not respond at all when I clicked on it.
What is this "r" disk you are referring to load the software to? I tried to figure out permission settings, not sure I'm there yet though.......

JrValente
05-17-2013, 08:52 PM
think that was supposed to read other disk rather than r disk. Basically if your hard drive is partitioned install on another partition other than the C: partition.

kevinpratt823
05-17-2013, 10:54 PM
think that was supposed to read other disk rather than r disk. Basically if your hard drive is partitioned install on another partition other than the C: partition.
Thanks, that makes sense. I don't beleive mine is set up that way, but not sure how I would know......