PDA

View Full Version : BJ26 Motor ESC compatibility??

Darin Jordan
07-02-2008, 02:21 AM
Has anyone tried the BJ26 motor with an SV27 ESC?? Or on any other ESC??

Are there any real advantages to using the ProBoat ESC?

What exactly does the programming module allow you to program?? Is any of it necessary??

Also, how many poles is the BJ26 motor??

Basically what I am heading toward here is finding out if I can use the BJ26 motor on one of my current SV27 powered applications to test it and get the full performance of the package?? OR, is the ProBoat ESC and programming module necessary to get the full performance from the motor?

Thanks,

PropNutt43
07-02-2008, 04:43 AM
The BJ26 motor is a 6 pole motor just like the stock SV27 motor.
it sould work ok with the SV esc.

The Pro Boat programer allows you to change the settings for battery type Ni-Nm or Lipo, Brake on or off, Cutoff voltage high or low, Timing high or low, cutoff type idle or slow down, and throttle curve linear or logarithm mode.

the big one is the timing. If you run lipos and use a 6 pole motor or more you can run high timing which gives you 20% more power and rpm. Made a big difference on my boat.

I've never run the BJ26 motor with a SV27 esc.

RCprince
07-02-2008, 08:16 PM
The BJ motor is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better quality than the SV motor right now In my outboard BJ I'm running 6s with the bj motor and a CC Baracuda 125( at default settings)...sweet, Just need to order some new gears and take some pic when I get back from vacation...finally got a new cam so videos...lots

http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?t=3458&highlight=BJ+MOTOR