PDA

View Full Version : Miss Geico 17 "brushed to INSANE 50MPH BRUSHLESS BOAT"

Zackthrills
04-30-2013, 05:01 PM
Alright guys I know this has not been done yet but I am the first to push this little boat too the brink. I see all of people asking how to make this boat faster week I have done it and with great success. I started this for fun for my boys and has turned into a project. I first used a mini mono brushless motor and a30amp esc with a high performance Lipo 1350 battery. The collet has to be drilled out to match the drive shaft side, then you mount the battery in the bow of the boat. I then used a aquacraft metal prop of larger size and installed mini mono by "aquacraft" turn fins. More this boat hulls a$$ I will post a video today of it in action. Stay tuned for more. zack tampa, fl

Speedracer128
05-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Where is the video

Zackthrills
05-04-2013, 06:35 PM
had a little problems with the boat. Shookp the motor me loose and working on balancing it. Will post one within the next day

Speedracer128
05-04-2013, 06:53 PM
Cool

Zackthrills
05-04-2013, 07:00 PM
I can't get the current video i have to post from my phone. You can go to my fave book page and I'll accept you as a friend is Zachary Buendia tampa fl

Zackthrills
05-04-2013, 07:02 PM
I swear it's so fast it's crazy. And the video on my page is of it not running right so slower then it has been but will post it going to try to hit 60mph. For wheel stuck weights to balance it out and make it ride right

f1rogers
05-04-2013, 08:49 PM
:popcorn2:

Speedracer128
05-05-2013, 09:20 AM
I have a 29 MG that is hard to keep in the water. I want to see a small one doing those speeds

Fluid
05-05-2013, 10:09 AM
It will be fun to see it running up to potential. A tip for the videographer - when filming a boat always hold the phone horizontally, not vertically as in the videos. It makes it easier to follow the boat - and just looks better.

Zackthrills
05-05-2013, 03:36 PM
alright this is what I had to do. Over the weekend I was having a hard time getting it to run to its potential. So I went ahead and pulled everything out of the boat and I use spray foam in spray foam the whole inside of the hull.isin reinstall all the electronics and bounce the boat with lead weights to make it heavier in the water on the back of the boat. Will be running it Tuesday morning on the lake with full video for everyone to see my goal is to hit 60 miles per hour.

Zackthrills
05-05-2013, 03:38 PM
also just a quick note the boat does have turn fins and adjustable trim tabs. I had to make a metal bracket to hold the motor in place as it vibrated loose with the factory bracket which is made out of plastic. I just ordered a leopard motor for the boat and plan to have it in before Tuesday's Run.

Gabe_k
05-09-2013, 03:01 PM
post pictures?

gyrotron
05-09-2013, 03:24 PM
Yes, we want to see some pics. Where in Tampa do you boat? I'm in Riverview. I found this video of a guy running a Vilineon 380 motor on his.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=l5augKbuMy8&feature=endscreen

Speedracer128
05-09-2013, 03:25 PM
I can't wait to see how this small boat runs at 50+ mph

Zackthrills
05-09-2013, 04:06 PM
I live in Tampa Florida Hillsborough County Town and Country area and I usually take it out to a little lake by my house or its more like a pond.contact me at zacktg rills@yahoo.com and maybe we can meet up one day

Gabe_k
05-09-2013, 04:16 PM
I have a 17" coming in tomorrow, I was planning on switching out the electrics from my mini mono... my goal for this boat is to have a nice 25mph pool boat. eventually I plan on getting a nicer set up to hopfully put it in the 30's...

btw, I had a MG29 running on 6c and I dont think I was at 50.... and that thing wanted to flip like no other when I got to WFO

Zackthrills
05-09-2013, 04:24 PM
50mph was just my goal but looking harder and harder

Gabe_k
05-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Anythings possible! Change it to a flex shaft and strut and youll get more speed/better handling. good luck

Heaving Earth
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
Anythings possible! Change it to a flex shaft and strut and youll get more speed/better handling. good luck
So how about 100 mph? Is that possible?

Zackthrills
05-09-2013, 04:54 PM
Lol aww no earth you never told me where are what I did wrong with my friend so that way I know what to do please let me know thank you

Heaving Earth
05-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Zach, mount your trim tabs so they are 1 or 2mm up from the bottom of the ride pads. Where you have them they won't even be in contact with the water.

Gabe_k
05-09-2013, 05:14 PM
So how about 100 mph? Is that possible?
If he wants to set a goal for 50 and try, who are you to tell him he cant? we both know mid 30's is probably all it has, so what? You're trying to act like the most bada$$ dude on this forum, its rc boating man, get a life

Heaving Earth
05-09-2013, 05:21 PM
haha whose dick is stuck in your a$$? I know that this hull wont do 50... who gives a $hit? If he wants to set a goal for 50 and try, who are you to tell him he cant? we both know mid 30's is probably all it has, so what? You're trying to act like the most bada$$ dude on this forum, its rc boating man, get a life
when did i say he cant try?
you dont have to like me, youre just mad cause i tell it like it is…

Gabe_k
05-09-2013, 05:27 PM
when did i say he cant try?
you dont have to like me, youre just mad cause i tell it like it is…

why would i be mad? hes obviously having a good time with his kids which is what its all about.

Speedracer128
05-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Zack,

Have you run that 17 MG after these mods have gone in? I saw the you tube vid, but I gotta see that thing in the water. Since I have upgraded my 29 I still haven't been able to get her anywhere near top speed without her blowing over. Good thing your in FL with warm water since you'll be doing some swimming before that boat dreams of getting near 50. Haha!

I''ll be impressed if it runs in the 30's

jetskier
05-09-2013, 06:21 PM
cut you losses and buy a Barbwire. lol!!

Zackthrills
05-09-2013, 06:24 PM
Lol I just got the traxxas spartan. But Friday I'm ordering the Genisses catamaran. Wasn't someone to build it though

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:13 AM
Gyrotorn I did with the guy in the video did and I added a chance tab to the rear Rudder.and let me tell you I got the MG 17 to run like a bat outta hell I'm going to post a link but I'm really sorry it is a bad video but you can tell from the looks of just a little glimpse you get.I will post a daytime video soon as I can take one. I think I'm going to shock a lot of you on how fast this little boat goes.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezgv0y5z7CA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

gyrotron
05-10-2013, 12:31 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezgv0y5z7CA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Zackthrills,

It sure does look it is going strong. I'll be waiting on your daylight video. Don't forget to post some pics to see what you did. I checked out the hull at a loacl hobby shop a few days ago and I am thinking about moding one too.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:37 AM
I'll do all that tomorrow for all to see. I want to get it on the pond for a straight away ruin to check the top speed. If that other guy got his to 48mph I saw it run mine looks alot faster. My boys are going to flip when they see this thing. Lol

gyrotron
05-10-2013, 12:40 AM
I live in Tampa Florida Hillsborough County Town and Country area and I usually take it out to a little lake by my house or its more like a pond.contact me at zacktg rills@yahoo.com and maybe we can meet up one day
I'll drop you a note and maybe we can get together to do some boating sometime. I just finished a 42" DaVatte Aspect Shallow V boat in an FE version. Here is a video of my latest boat if you want to take a look at it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsKWf0NYOZA

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Wow that is bad ass. Ya for sure that would be great. We will get together sometimes I don't have nothing that fast yet though lol.

gyrotron
05-10-2013, 12:56 AM
Wow that is bad ass. Ya for sure that would be great. We will get together sometimes I don't have nothing that fast yet though lol.
If you stay with the hobby you will soon. Here is a link to the build:
http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?38209-DaVette-Aspect-Shallow-42-quot-Hull-New-Build-Motor-selection-and-misc.-help-needed

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I'll do all that tomorrow for all to see. I want to get it on the pond for a straight away ruin to check the top speed. If that other guy got his to 48mph I saw it run mine looks alot faster. My boys are going to flip when they see this thing. Lol

post link to said video? I dont want to sound like a debbie downer, but I think you have poor judgment of these boats.... If your set up is the stock outrunner motor from a minimono, I can tell you right now its nowhere near 50. I have one I know how fast it goes. the mini mono does maybe 25-30(MAYBE) on a 3s. that boat is smaller/lighter and will go faster than the 17" cat. If you want to get near 30+ with the mini Geico, youre going to need a 2445 motor with a 50-70 amp esc, the right prop, and you will have to change it to a flex shaft with strut.

these smaller boats zip around and turn crazy good, so it may seem like its hauling a$$, when its really not. the vid you posted(cant really see) but youd be able to tell by sound if it were going over 30... and its not.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
yeah I know I'm not sure how fast it really went but you're correct I know the many miles do you run about 30 miles an hour. I plan to put it on a straight away this weekend and use my GPS to see how fast it goes. I have a leopard motor that I just got that I will be sticking it today it is LEOPARD 2030 12T KV7780.think of this motor and I have an 80 amp esc I plan on sticking it today also. I will have a video of the day time running on the pond as soon as I can do it within the next day or two.how could you put a flex shaft in it? And drive strut as it is made as part of the hull.any suggestions would be great.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 11:38 AM
also what kind of KV motor should I put in it from what my understandings it should be a lower kV rating am I correct?

TheShaughnessy
05-10-2013, 11:44 AM
30000/ voltage = approximate kv

Ex 30000/14.8 = 2027kv
30000/11.1 = 2702kv

Just examples aim for a kv in that range + - a few hundred

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
okay this is per your post of what motor I should get this is what I found what do you think of it is it a good motor and with this work?http://www.nitrorcx.com/96m268-2445-2900kv-17t.html

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 11:46 AM
okay so let me know then if that motor I post the link to would work if so I'm going to go ahead and order it or do you think I should just stay with the leopard motor

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Youd have to modify it... as in cut the entire thing off flush with the bottom of the hull and replace it with a flex shaft/strut. its the same thing they run on the MG29. it allows you to angle the prop so it isnt pointing at the bottom of the lake lol

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
that motor would work, youd need a nice esc to power it though... just an fyi, as soon as you have it set up with that motor though, anything past half throttle is going to be very difficult to keep it right side up and in the water

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:00 PM
yeah that is true I think that's probably getting a little bit more into it than I need I went ahead and put a horizontal triangle on the rear rotor Anne is kept the boat gliding through the water really nice which was an idea that I got from another person on the form. Show for last night it seems to fly to the water really well and I had tons of trigger left and it wanted to just go but I had no room obviously I wanted to test it in a large pool first before I got it in a lake or pond whatever you wanna call it. But I might look into doing not that way and Cutten off the shaft might be something fun to do

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:07 PM
I don't know if you saw the post that I did with the video on what my boat look like. But what I did was I removed the little foam like donut thing they had up front in the bow and I placed the battery dead center of the front of the bow and injected foam all up front.then put the esc in the middle of the boat the stock battery wentand mounted the receiver where the old receiver used to be.in: stalled larger water cooling lines for the esc.and I had to drill out the coupler that goes from the motor to the drive shaft.I also mounted 1 ounce weight on the left in rear side of the back of the boat and another one ounce weight on the middle left side next to the batteries old location to keep it from wanting to torque over.I think I need to add at least one more pounds to the left rear as last night when I would punch the gas it would get up on plane and then as I would get ready to pull the trigger all the way it would start to take off and it would literally flip itself completely over and land perfectly normal as if it were to be driving so I think I need to add just a little bit more weight. My only concern is what it is going to do on a long straight away I'm wondering if it might blow over.

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 12:07 PM
yeah these things take a lot of work/money to get them how you want it... my 17" MG should be at my door today then I get home:) ill probably test it once stock and then switch everything over from my minimono... i also just finished building a UL-1 that i need to go test. It should do 35-40 on 4s

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:15 PM
yeah that would be really cool to see once you get it done who is you need any help which I'm pretty sure you have it on your own but I can show you what I did to make mine keep in the water at a decent speed. If you look on this thread you will see a guy named roytorn not sure in spelling he posted a link to a video of a guy that made and ng17 and I have talked to him his name is Bob and he didn't have to add much weight or anything and got it to go really well I only did all the phone an extra stuff because I want to make it faster and see if I can get it up to 50 miles an hour. He said that he recorded his doing anywhere between 37 miles per hour to the max of 48 miles per hour. You can take a look at his video and see the boat let me know what you think. Do you live in this Florida area ore campus that maybe you and I can get together sometime?my problem was is I thought the little mg17 was brushless and at the time I really didn't know much about it and I saw it for $100 and went ahead and ordered it much to my surprise it was really slow on a brushed motor and try to do what I could to make it faster the only thing I can reference it to that I know of is it look like an RC car on a round oval track in a class called 6 cell modified not 1:10 scale but the one size below it the real small cars I want to say it 1:12 scale is that correct? but it looks really damn fast it was literally throwing water out the side of the pool and when I'm telling you it had more trigger to pull I didn't even have this thing halfway down so I don't really know how the boat is going to react too much more speed than that which I know it can do I'm running on a 3s battery pack 2200mah with a 45c rating:.

gyrotron
05-10-2013, 12:23 PM
yeah that would be really cool to see once you get it done who is you need any help which I'm pretty sure you have it on your own but I can show you what I did to make mine keep in the water at a decent speed. If you look on this thread you will see a guy named roytorn not sure in spelling he posted a link to a video of a guy that made and ng17 and I have talked to him his name is Bob and he didn't have to add much weight or anything and got it to go really well I only did all the phone an extra stuff because I want to make it faster and see if I can get it up to 50 miles an hour. He said that he recorded his doing anywhere between 37 miles per hour to the max of 48 miles per hour. You can take a look at his video and see the boat let me know what you think. Do you live in this Florida area ore campus that maybe you and I can get together sometime?my problem was is I thought the little mg17 was brushless and at the time I really didn't know much about it and I saw it for $100 and went ahead and ordered it much to my surprise it was really slow on a brushed motor and try to do what I could to make it faster the only thing I can reference it to that I know of is it look like an RC car on a round oval track in a class called 6 cell modified not 1:10 scale but the one size below it the real small cars I want to say it 1:12 scale is that correct? but it looks really damn fast it was literally throwing water out the side of the pool and when I'm telling you it had more trigger to pull I didn't even have this thing halfway down so I don't really know how the boat is going to react too much more speed than that which I know it can do I'm running on a 3s battery pack 2200mah with a 45c rating:.
I would like to see pics of the bottom of the modified MG 17 hull to understand what that guy did to make it run so well and fast.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:26 PM
yeah I'll take your picture of mine is the exact same thing that he did to his because the picture that he has if you look on his videos he has a video of it but it's really hard to tell because it is clear plastic mine is a white plastic but I'll tell you this my b*** was running as fast if not faster than that boat last night

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 12:27 PM
pm me your email so that way I can send you the pictures for some reason I don't know how to post pictures on here from my phone

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 12:51 PM
http://youtu.be/NqQvJz-oN2g

this is the guy... as soon as he punches it it starts to hop... thats where the strust/flexshaft will out perform.. thats probably right around the 35mph area though. idk if it will ever hit 50 lol

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 12:58 PM
Zack,

My email is r.palacios@hotmail.com. I would like to see the pics/vids as well if to don't mind.

I'm still trying to tune my 29MG to stay in the water between 60-70 so I'm interested. Also I'm looking for small quick boat for my son. But I think I will get the barbwire for him. That little boat seems to be quick and best of all it self rites itself so that's the biggest plus. I've gone swimming way too much in freezing water for my MG. he even flipped it once while it was stock. He gunned the throttle heading into a strong wind and it blew over.

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
I would go with the mini mono for your son move boat needs nothing

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 01:02 PM
http://youtu.be/8eQCvnzrfhA

this is why i cant have nice things.. haha this was on 4s prob right around 40

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Omg what did you hit was that rocks out a jump. Lol that sucks. How bad was the boat hurt

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Gabe,

Haha!!! You are a mad man!

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 01:35 PM
That was funny lol

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 01:39 PM
Zack,

I will look into the mini mono. But I do like the barbwire. It's a good small boat and everything comes with it for under 150. If I pick that one, the only thing I will prolly do is put a metal prop. I grew up in miami but now I live in Massachusetts so needless to say the water is freezing to me. Last month it was literary frozen in some parts, so I think it's awesome that the barbwire is indestructible (maybe not for Gabe) but its sturdy, quick, and self rites its self. My son is still 4 so if he is in the 20-30mph range it's plenty fast

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 01:47 PM
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JsLb98YQXug&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJsLb98YQXug

Zack,

I checked out some mini mono vids. It looks neat being so small but check out the link to the above boat. I think the atomik boat is much better built and faster. I might be wrong. I'm still kinda a newbie here so I still have lots learn but that's what it looks like to me. Most important is that my son is 4 so I need something he can beat on and that I don't have to go swimming for it

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 01:49 PM
Lol the hull was pretty messed up before that so I really didn't care about it anymore... That was like a 3-4ft waterfall type deal... I had been jumping down it all day(and landing it) I even went up it if you can believe that!! It was pretty awesome... So I figured it try and see how far I could get it to go! Ill post some pics of it when I get home tonight... The mini mono is a legit boat but I'd be sold on the barbwire if it self rights... That's perfect for your son, it will be flipped a lot I can imagine haha

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 02:01 PM
yes that is true that's why I kind of wanted to make this message I go into one a brushless motor one because I assume that it would be a little bit more stable it's funny because I can literally punch the gas on it from a dead stop and they will literally do want you out of the water its hilarious. Yet pictures would be great to see if you want you can send them to my email to

jetskier
05-10-2013, 02:02 PM
you can get the Barbwire at Tower for $130 shipped after coupon code. they are a blast.

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Haha... I think I'm getting that barbwire for my son. I buy most my equipment from Cris at Fine Design and he has one in stock for him and he highly recommends I go this route.

What happened to your MG hull? A few weeks back I cracked the seem in 29MG when I had a blow over after putting a 180 esc and a 4.8 hp motor from Fine Design Marine. So I reinforced the hull. I just need to paint it now. And sand off some of my repairs from the inside. We put too much stuff on the inside and weighed the boat down too much. She still is fast but it shaved a good amount of speed off her. Good thing is, now she is strong and so heavy I haven't had a blow over since I fixed her

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the discount tip jetskier. I will get it from cris tho. I asked him to hold 1 for my boy. He gives me excellent service and hooks me up so I won't sell him out to save 20 bucks. I do appreciate the info

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
That's funny

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
It's just an ugly abused hull... Seem split up front, like 8 inches, stress cracks everywhere, transom is all weirdly shaped, a prop mark going across the back of it lol

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Oh damn!!!!! That things banged up. Maybe it is good for jumping waterfalls. Haha.

My seem split a few inches. So I repaired it and reinforced the seems. Now she just needs some paint after I grind down some of the extra resin. Since she's my first fast boat I'm going to improve my driving skills some then ill get a new good hull.

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
lol I just mixed some 5 minute epoxy and slapped it on and called it good:roflol:

Zackthrills
05-10-2013, 07:05 PM
That's funny

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 09:27 PM
This thread need some pics!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/FAC8E0C8-B4BF-4430-898A-02A7A8770295-11744-0000079C1B402350_zps6c5bef1a.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/E001287E-9119-4DEF-ACE9-5542F76CA586-11744-0000079C209F4453_zps73160288.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/353BE103-A865-438E-9C9E-407A498C648E-11744-0000079C2734B065_zpse193186a.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/C9E76670-E309-4DDC-9FC7-28EF504E0AEA-11744-0000079C2C45A4C6_zpsf1ddcf16.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/C9E76670-E309-4DDC-9FC7-28EF504E0AEA-11744-0000079C2C45A4C6_zpsf1ddcf16.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/A0286737-0A81-487F-A2BE-CF12AB1E149B-11744-0000079C324FDC7C_zpsba1c594b.jpg

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 09:28 PM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/7AFD6414-B06F-4AE4-A287-D530E20A890F-11744-0000079C371F1E5D_zpsb171be13.jpg
Inventory
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/311AD398-D5AF-4347-965F-D8973F0092A4-11744-0000079C3BE90344_zpsda20f684.jpg

Speedracer128
05-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Ohh SHOOT!!! I thought my MG was banged up. Yours cat looks like she's from tha war. But you have a whole fleet of mini's and a nice hydro. How does she run? How is her stability and what kind of speeds does she do?

Soon I'm gunna my MG back to stock and get a boat that's made to handle high speed to put my motor and esc into. I'm not sure if I should get a real cat or a hydro that can handle my motor?

Gabe_k
05-10-2013, 11:39 PM
Lol right? Actually, my buddy's dad gave that UL-1 hull to mean monday.. I put all the stock electrics from MG into it. I just got the flex shaft in it today so she's 100% done. I've never driven a hydro before so I'm actually kinda nervous to take it out. I rigged the hell outta it so I hope she works lol

On a side note, the 17" mg stock was about as fun to drive as going to school. Literally did two laps around the pool and pulled it out! LAME!

I've got the mini mono setup in it right now but haven't tested her yet.

Speedracer128
05-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Cool. Let me know how hydro runs after you test her please. I'm think she'll go faster than miss geico and might even handle better in smooth water. But I'm qurious how she will ride all around.

If your into small boats check out that barbwire. The guy I get my equipment from can't say enough good things about it.

Gabe_k
05-11-2013, 12:16 AM
Will do, here's the new set up
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/23915A48-6D62-41CF-8088-7FD4BD59AD8D-11744-000007AEEABACF1A_zps5fb9c262.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/F0638216-7F5B-426D-B205-999818AF93D3-11744-000007AEEFB8E240_zpse7d8b5b6.jpg

Gabe_k
05-11-2013, 11:58 AM
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/0B464BA3-5365-48FC-BCC7-D3BF53B17BFD-12220-000007F28EB491B5_zpscaa5d99b.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/982E8795-A9BD-4616-863C-D70141174279-12220-000007F2951FD96C_zpsa0814255.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/5F268E81-8816-41E4-A44A-F16BBCC03A5C-12220-000007F2A06E3ED8_zps884464f6.jpg
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/abcgabe/3435ADFA-0F3D-4724-BB59-8692BFBDAB25-12220-000007F2A73A3BB9_zps0f9da745.jpg

Zackthrills
05-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Gabe I have to see pictures of your ng17 Run we have the exact same setup motor wize and you put the battery in the same spot I did mine I have not done the flex shaft install yet but I would really like to know what shaft in all you bought and what it cost and where to get it so that I can do it with mine. Please send me a video or post a video of this is running so I can see how she did

Gabe_k
05-11-2013, 12:22 PM
I basically used everything from the mini mono... I just have to figure out what strut/rudder assembly I want to buy. It should be just as fast as the mini mono, except it wouldn't turn anywhere as good as it

Zackthrills
05-11-2013, 12:27 PM
yeah I can see that. But the shaft you used andall is from the mini mono also. have you had a chance to run it yet I would really like to see the video with the stock brother incest or are you waiting till you get the other parts. You have to get a video posted that's going to be great to see

Zackthrills
05-11-2013, 12:34 PM
where you cut the old shaft of did you have to glue the bottom with resin or anything so that way water wouldn't leak into it or is it already sealed off

Zackthrills
05-11-2013, 12:36 PM
it looks like you tore the other in G up that's funny but she still looks runnable slap a little epoxy in her and she should be good to go

Gabe_k
05-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Yeah everything got epoxied.. Still have to do another layer then sand smooth.

Zackthrills
05-11-2013, 01:18 PM
that's what I thought. I cannot wait to see a video on this

Gabe_k
05-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Drove the thing for about 30ft and it spit the wire drive out...

Put the UL-1 in and did a couple laps and spit the flex shaft out as well... Lol awesome!

Zackthrills
05-12-2013, 01:31 PM
that's crazy. I hope you got some video I would like to see that. Didn't seem like it was going fast or not? Well I don't know if I told you're not around my last night and I ended up blowing the esc again. I'm going to a 50 amp as for some reason this is the second one I have blown. I'm running the same setup as the mini mono.let me know if you come up with a good combination for split shot that works. Well also some funny news I opened up the leopard box for that motor I was telling you about and the motor is so small its funny so I think I'm just going to put it back online for sale and go ahead and pick up the one that mean Gaber talking about. Either that or picking up something like a traxxas combo setup

Speedracer128
05-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Zack.

Are you talking about putting the set up from your spartan in 17MG?

Zackthrills
05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
No way that would be funny though. But wasn't too out something that can a little bigger motor in brushless. With a larger esc like a 50 or 100

Gabe_k
05-12-2013, 07:56 PM
What motor is it? Just because these motors are small doesn't mean that they wont be fast! A smaller can size motor will actually perform better as you would get that crazy torque roll and it will handle better while still going very fast...

Zackthrills
05-12-2013, 08:44 PM
This is the motor i bought is aLEOPARD 2030 12T KV7780 here is the specs. Max. Current: 18A
Lipo Cell: 2S
Max. Power: 130W
Rotational Speed: 7780KV
Mounting Hole Depth: 2.5mm
Shaft Diameter: 2.3mm
Shaft Length: 10mm
Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 20mm x 30mm
Weight: 50g
Suitable Model: RC Model Car / Boat
*!**let me know what you think? Gabe