PDA

View Full Version : Nanotec A-SPEC

madmikepags
04-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Just some info, I have now been running a couple of sets of Nanotec A-spec 5S 5000's in my scale Hydro. I am impressed with the way they are working out, I now have 10-12 cycles on them and they are running strong, power is very good and IR is between 1.6-1.8. They are on the pricey end of the spectrum of the "budget" brands but I decided to try them out. I still prefer Dinogys but just wanted to share the info. I did try to punish a set of them (I ran an extra 7 laps after a race) The batts puffed and I desoldered a motor wire, but still had 15% left in the batts, I let them cool and the puffing went down, recharged without issue and all cells were in perfect balance, I have run them 3-4 times after that with no ill effects or puffing and IR's are still in the 1's.

Cooper
04-28-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm not 100% but I believe these are built on same line as hyperion. (Have been trying to trace all batteries back to origins )

martin
04-28-2013, 06:40 PM
I believe the Nano A Spec packs are the same packs as the Scorpion Competition packs that are made by Haiyin.

Cooper
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
As I said, I wasn't sure. I've been trying to trace most major brands back to source. Thanks. Have any other info? As the brands really don't want us to know what batteries are just rebranded.

martin
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
I know for example the Turnigy A Spec 3s 4500mah is quite a unique pack re size, weight & very short wires like 1" long including plugs. Theirs no other lipos that come even close to these re size & weight & short wires except Scorpion Competition packs. All of the other A Spec packs in the range also match the Scorpion packs in every way.

NativePaul
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM
ETTI and Victory battery 3s 4500s are similar weight and size too, desire 3s 5000s are the same weight but not sure about size. pretty much any battery for Naviga racing will have the short leads and no PCB as we are weight limited and by saving weight on those we can have more of the good stuff inside.

Maybe some of the cell detectives above can find out if they are the same cells.

Brushless55
04-29-2013, 12:27 PM
I believe the Nano A Spec packs are the same packs as the Scorpion Competition packs that are made by Haiyin.

you are correct!
and I cannot find out why other than marketing by Haiyin to sell there white packs over the HK Turnigy blue packs :confused1:

and there is a thread out there on rcgroups who the member has done some killer testing on many lipo packs and the A Spec Nanos were on top of the power and voltage scale, with low IR's

even beating out Dinogy a little smidge :biggrin:

madmikepags
04-29-2013, 01:14 PM
I'm just offering my little info, in my opinion Dinogy, with free shipping and Mark as a dealer and backing his product, is a better deal and product than the A-specs

Cooper
04-29-2013, 02:12 PM
I do agree from all the info I have been reading about marks batteries and service, they are top notch, but the fact of the matter is they too are just rebranded from one of the few manufacturers. As I know I will be purchasing in the near future from him but I still would like to know who manufacturers these cells, not who matches them but the actual manufacture. And again, dinogys have been given a lot of good reviews from actual people using them.

martin
04-29-2013, 03:50 PM
Judging by all the feed back ive seen over the last year or so escpecially from racers that push their packs pretty hard, the Dinogys keep performing very well at a very good price. Hope i get as good results from the Dinogys as i had 6 4000mah 3s 65c turn up in the post today, i didnt get them from Mark as im in the UK & shipping & customs charges in the UK are very expensive indeed on imported stuff. I to will be trying some A Spec as well once their back in stock.

Brushless55
04-29-2013, 05:03 PM
has anyone else tried the A Spec Nano packs?
I would love to see a 4s 5000-6000mah A Spec pack come from them....

Cooper
04-29-2013, 10:13 PM
I didn't want to change the path of this post, my apologies madmikepags, I have thought about purchasing some of the a-spec nanos but have not found much feedback. So thank you for the post and assurance in the aspec nanos. Guess I should try and start a thread to see what anybody els knows as far as battery lineage.

madmikepags
04-29-2013, 10:19 PM
No biggie bro I've sent many a threads down an alternate path!!!

Erik Aa
04-30-2013, 03:01 AM
I received 6 a-spec 4500mah 3s packs in the mail the other day.
The packs came in reasonably well balanced. Most packs at 3.82 volts per cell. One or two packs with one or two cells at 3.81.
Looks promising. Will run them as 6s.

Now, can the ice covering my practice pond please melt soon? ;-)

kenrid
04-30-2013, 04:05 AM
I have been running two Turnigy A spec 6.6 2S BOAT packs (65-130 C) in series in a Pursuit mono (Kintec Racing set up) [ Leopard 2200 kv motor HK 180 ESC] thru about 15 cycles now.

My experience has been favorable, no puffing of cells or drop off in power. Given their price position and the limited availability of LIPOs in Australia I will purchase more. If anyone has more info on manufacturers and re-branding I too would be interested.

Erik Aa
07-21-2013, 04:27 PM
Ok, so here's the status of my 3s 4500 mah packs after about 3 cycles. 5 out of 6 packs appear quite good. The last pack appears to have 1 cell with higher IR.

martin
07-21-2013, 04:57 PM
Ok, so here's the status of my 3s 4500 mah packs after about 3 cycles. 5 out of 6 packs appear quite good. The last pack appears to have 1 cell with higher IR.
What IR figures are you seeing per cell, I have 2 of these packs that I gave 3 cycles on my ICharger & am getting IR 3-3-1 on both packs.

Erik Aa
07-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I haven't actually measured the IR, but I have been monitoring the voltage of each cell. One cell charges more slowly and does not reach 4,2 volts like the other cells. The first 2 cycles it stopped at 4,17. The third cycle it stopped at 4,14 volts. Does not look too promising.

martin
07-21-2013, 05:38 PM
As a comparison I have 8 new Dinogy 4000mah 3s 65c, 6 of them have IR 2-1-0 & 2 have 2-2-0.

Erik Aa
07-21-2013, 05:42 PM
How many volts do you get into the aspec cells with higher IR?

NativePaul
07-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Erik, if one cell starts out a little low, during the run it will heat more and go lower still, and if not charged back up fully it will get worse and worse until it eventually dies, you say it stops at 4.17, is there any way you can make the charger continue the charge until it is at 4.2v maybe by lowering the current to less than the balance current of your charger, or possibly making up a charge lead with pins on so you can charge that 1 cell separately via the balance plug? You may find that after a couple of cycles from 4.2v it stops ending low and goes back into sync with the other cells.

Also make sure you have no metal coins or keys in your pockets and store yout packs in your trowser pockets for a while before you run, LiPos like all other batteries do not do well in low temperatures, and if you use a freezing cold pack it is much more likely to puff than a warm one.

martin
07-21-2013, 07:04 PM
How many volts do you get into the aspec cells with higher IR?
Both the Aspecs are 4.2v on all cells

Brushless55
07-22-2013, 12:32 AM
I haven't actually measured the IR, but I have been monitoring the voltage of each cell. One cell charges more slowly and does not reach 4,2 volts like the other cells. The first 2 cycles it stopped at 4,17. The third cycle it stopped at 4,14 volts. Does not look too promising.

one of my 4 chargers does this very thing....
not sure why but my better charger keeps them all very close during the charge

Erik Aa
07-22-2013, 12:51 PM
Paul, I made a charge lead with pins and charged the single bad cell on 0,5 amps via the balance plug today. I managed to put 4,2 volts into it according to my Etti 6s charger. But when I put the pack on the external Etti lipo balancer afterwards, it said 4,19 volts for this cell. Anyhow, I got more volts into it. Will see how it performs in the hull tomorrow.