PDA

View Full Version : Swordfish esc programming question

Mulisha
04-24-2013, 02:53 AM
Hey I have a swordfish 200 amp esc running on 6s. I have it set to 6s for LVC ( or do I set a specific volt?), soft cut off and 3.2 cutoff voltage/cell that ok? Timing is advance 4deg (leopard 4074 1650kv not sure what wind it is but). Start up is standard

Mulisha
04-26-2013, 07:06 PM
Can anyone help me plz?

kendt
04-26-2013, 08:21 PM
yes you are better to set it for a specific voltage. If you set it at 6s and you have a pack that discharges the cells at drastically different rates you will run into problems. You may also want to consider not using it at all. Even set at a specific voltage you may still have issues. If you have a heavy current spike and one of your cells dips down just for a split second it will cut off. lots of guys just time their runs. If you do use it dont set it at the min voltage the pack can safely go. Set it a bit higher and leave a margine of safety.The other settings sound fine.

Mulisha
04-26-2013, 09:27 PM
What should i set the lvc to then instead of 6s around the 5v?

kendt
04-27-2013, 08:33 AM
i will take a look at the options for that esc and see what i did with mine. Also just a heads up. if you are using a radio that has exponential settings be extra carefull when you first run it (if you havent yet) I had a problem with that esc having about a 3sec delay on and off the throttle, It nearly cost me a boat. I switched radios and it went away. May have been an isolated issue but keep it in mind

kendt
04-27-2013, 10:17 AM
Mine is set for 5s or 15v. Thats because i dont use it and baiclly want it off so i just went to the next one down. The lvc on the sf is different from the hobbywing esc.s that i normally use. You might want to go ahead and try it at the 6s setting. If you find its cutting out uder heavy current spikes then switch it off.