PDA

View Full Version : Atomik/Venom Barbwire

jetskier
04-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Just a little feedback about this boat. This little thing is great and pretty much bullet proof. I've had it for about 2 weeks now and it have not let me down yet, and I run it daily. I keep it in my trunk and makes a great toy during lunch break. I had both my kids use it without any issues. the only time that it didn't self right is when it's too far and the antenna is underwater w/o any signal. it's very fast, agile, and does subs which it pops right side up. customer service is excellent, by mistake I connect the Venom battery adapter backward on my 2nd run and blow out the ESC and they ship me a replacement the next day. For $150 RTR it's worth it.

bdp1174
05-03-2013, 09:41 PM
Just got mine today from tower.have not opened it up yet but will post my results.
Got it for 125 after tower coupon not too bad a deal.

jetskier
05-09-2013, 02:34 PM
let me know if you have the right turn subbing problem. it's pretty cool at first, but gets old when you just want to make a clean fast turn w/o subbing and loose momentum. I have the solution to fix it.
Just got mine today from tower.have not opened it up yet but will post my results.
Got it for 125 after tower coupon not too bad a deal.

785boats
05-09-2013, 03:39 PM
Looks like a lot of fun to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsLb98YQXug

jetskier
05-09-2013, 03:57 PM
if you own one, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about, the annoying right turn subs. anyway..they are fun as hell.
Looks like a lot of fun to me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsLb98YQXug

DanBoTech
06-08-2013, 04:39 PM
let me know if you have the right turn subbing problem. it's pretty cool at first, but gets old when you just want to make a clean fast turn w/o subbing and loose momentum. I have the solution to fix it.

I plan on getting the Barb when they get back in stock @ Tower................ Could you let me/us know what the SOLUTION was for the right turn subbing.
It sure would be helpful to fix it before running.
Thank you!!

jetskier
06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
add another hole on the servo arm closer to the servo shaft to get less travel and add a little more weight to the battery side if using stock 1300mAh battery. the weight will also help with up-right when flip over. change from 75% to 100% success.

DanBoTech
06-09-2013, 09:13 PM
add another hole on the servo arm closer to the servo shaft to get less travel and add a little more weight to the battery side if using stock 1300mAh battery. the weight will also help with up-right when flip over. change from 75% to 100% success.
I thank you very much for a simple fix. Would you happen to know the largest battery that could be used to assist in getting the self righting weight bias to work better?

jetskier
06-10-2013, 06:21 AM
no I don't. just have a bunch of the stock 1300mAh batteries.

phil t
07-12-2013, 10:13 AM
I have two of the barbwire, i see the problem of the right turn dunks too.
I did drill a new hole closer to the servo hub that helps but you can lose the tight turning ablity.
One thing I saw on both boats was that they setup the boat for lot of right turn throw and not much to the left? Easy to fix by adjusting the right trim button all the way and then back off about 4 bumps, then center the servo arm so it steers left and right evenly. You can also adjust center trim with the rudder horn connetor that hold the steering link.
You can adjust rudder throw by moving the control lever on the rudder in for more steering and out for less, cant move it too much but it does make a difference.
Kid did hit a rock and the top came off so put a block of foam under it so it is not lost. And get extra props.