PDA

View Full Version : trouble with marine 3000 receiver

maxmekker
04-21-2013, 04:12 PM
So it's been a while since I last used the boat( Norway = winter :-) )

Charged up my receiver pack to see if all was good, but I can't seem to get the receiver to kick in. seems like it wont bind either. Am I doing something wrong here guys' :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVG86tGlZcU&list=UURNlga8sE0qJBcPb_5FFovQ&index=1

thanks for looking

tlandauer
04-21-2013, 04:32 PM
It is possible sometimes you need to rebind, did you follow the sequence of binding from the instruction? I have many boats that use this receiver, everytime I do something wrong because I relied on my memory. Not saying that you did anyrthing wrong, but incase you did not review, it is worth to take a second look. Hope you don't mind my telling you my experiences.

maxmekker
04-21-2013, 04:41 PM
forgot to say TL , Miss geico stock radio system, and as I try to show last in the clip, the receiver pack is oki doki in the mystic.

I try to bind it(as pr in the clip) but the radio wont start blinking like it say's in the manual( bind plug in receiver , then power to receiver ,starts blinking, power on transmitter, starts blinking wait for solid light ( 15 sec)

I will have to tinker with it more.

Fluid
04-21-2013, 05:49 PM
If the transmitter is too close to the receiver it will not bind. Move the transmitter 1 meter away from the model and try it again.

maxmekker
04-22-2013, 03:15 AM
I did that later last night, but I will go into the next room and try :-)

tlandauer
04-22-2013, 04:13 AM
What I have found is that occasionally on these MR3000 and MR200 after I plug the batteries to the ESC ( I have 4s2p and therefore not using separate reveiver pack) it takes awhile for the receiver to "wake up" or as you said to "kick in", many times I panicked and unpluged the batteries thinkng that it had lost its bind. It takes more than 5 or 6 seconds for the light to respond, that is an awfully long time for me who is expecting a reaction right a way.

maxmekker
04-22-2013, 05:14 AM
I know :-) I thought it just used extra long time since it was a while since I used it last, but I just get that brief blink as you barly can see in the clip, and nothing. I waited and tried many times before taking a small video. On the mystic as one can see in the last part, it 's all good( not the same receiver just to make that clear, but same receiver pack just to make sure it was not that)

BHChieftain
04-22-2013, 09:12 AM
forgot to say TL , Miss geico stock radio system, and as I try to show last in the clip, the receiver pack is oki doki in the mystic.

I try to bind it(as pr in the clip) but the radio wont start blinking like it say's in the manual( bind plug in receiver , then power to receiver ,starts blinking, power on transmitter, starts blinking wait for solid light ( 15 sec)

I will have to tinker with it more.

I can't tell from the vid if you are binding correctly--
After putting the RX in bind mode (with TX off), then you need to HOLD down the bind button the TX when you power on the TX (need to keep it held down until it binds).

Chief

maxmekker
04-22-2013, 09:20 AM
hmm, must have been a long time since I did that last, don't remeber if there is such a button on the stock miss geico radio system. I know it's on the DX radio. I'll have to check when I get back home. The manuall say's the radio shall start blinking as soon as it it powered on( after power to the receiver) and it shall do so aprox 15 sec, and then solid light, and ok. Thanks for looking :-)

maxmekker
04-22-2013, 04:43 PM
Well I tried binding it to the dx3 and bada bim that worked ey ok. So it seems like the transmitter is toast.