PDA

View Full Version : radio recommendations

kookie_guy
06-30-2008, 07:04 PM
what would you all recommend for a radio upgrade? I'd like something that has multiple vehicle programming so I can use the same radio for my truck and boat. this whole 2.4ghz synthesized mumbo jumbo is not my language. :cursing:

avengersteve
06-30-2008, 07:50 PM
what would you all recommend for a radio upgrade? I'd like something that has multiple vehicle programming so I can use the same radio for my truck and boat. this whole 2.4ghz synthesized mumbo jumbo is not my language. :cursing:

spektrum dx3 nuf said

kookie_guy
06-30-2008, 07:56 PM
spektrum dx3 nuf said

ya that's the one I've been looking at. Especially since it comes with 2 receivers. It'll be nice and simple to get everything going. Can I use any servos? Or do they have to be spektrum servos? I ask because I have a high torque bluebird in the truck I'd like to keep. The high torque spektrum one would go into the boat.

chirotray
06-30-2008, 08:14 PM
Nah, a servo is a servo. Just make sure the polarity lines up. And to simplify 2.4, you wont lose your boat due to radio interference. Its all i will use on my helis.

kookie_guy
06-30-2008, 08:29 PM
sweet. looks like I'll be picking up a DX3.0. Now, does this radio have the option to change the throttle 70/30 vs 50/50?

Ub Hauled
07-01-2008, 12:14 AM
The Futaba FASST 2.4 and the Airtronics MX3 2.4 also are good radios...

PropNutt43
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Just installed a 3ch Futaba Fasst 2.4ghz in my BJ26 and love it!!!
No more interference and no more crystals or open frequencies to worry about.

Everything is digitally proportional and fully adjustable. 10 model memory even has built in fail safe for loss of signal and low battery also adjustable.

$189.99 retail, about $60 less than a DX3

Ub Hauled
07-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Airtronix 2.4 on sale at hobbiepeople.net going for $139...
between July 1 and 7th

kookie_guy
07-02-2008, 10:37 PM
hehe, should have checked here before I went out and bought the DX3.0. It's all good tho, it's a wicked system, and helps that it comes with 2 receivers. One for the boat, one for the truck. Receivers are not cheap either, so meh. :buttrock:

showstoppercat
07-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Haven't you guys had any issues with lost of signals with rooster tails?? I'm looking upgrade my stock radios but is come problem here in Australia - I've been told to stay away from Sprektrum all together and my best bet is a Futarba ex6 fassst - - shed some light on this guys

showstoppercat
07-03-2008, 12:01 AM
Haven't you guys had any issues with lost of signals with rooster tails?? I'm looking upgrade my stock radios but is come problem here in Australia - I've been told to stay away from Sprektrum all together and my best bet is a Futarba ex6 fassst - - shed some light on this guys

Wakesurfer
07-03-2008, 03:56 PM
DX3R system on mine. No problems/glitches of any kind yet on the boat or any of my ground vehicles. I don't even have the antena out of the radio box on the BJ and havn't had any range issues. Most of the Spektrum glitch issues I've heard of or seen have been caused by putting the ant lead to close to othr power wires in the car or not have part of the lead verticle. I like the 3R system myself. 30 model memory, and the menus are way easier to navigate than the DX2 and DX3.0s that I have. If I could drive, I suppose the faster frame rates that the 3R/DSM2 works at might make a difference too.

kookie_guy
07-03-2008, 11:19 PM
DX3R system on mine. No problems/glitches of any kind yet on the boat or any of my ground vehicles. I don't even have the antena out of the radio box on the BJ and havn't had any range issues. Most of the Spektrum glitch issues I've heard of or seen have been caused by putting the ant lead to close to othr power wires in the car or not have part of the lead verticle. I like the 3R system myself. 30 model memory, and the menus are way easier to navigate than the DX2 and DX3.0s that I have. If I could drive, I suppose the faster frame rates that the 3R/DSM2 works at might make a difference too.

ya I was thinking about going with the DX3R, but the price kinda steered me the other way. Especially since I would be into a second receiver too. But my truck is running super strong with the spektrum dx 3.0

Wakesurfer
07-04-2008, 02:06 PM
I hear ya there. The 3R is on the pricy side, and since it only comes with one Rx you have to buy more for other vehicles or swap them around all the time. I got mine when Spektrum had the special offer on Rxs. If you bought a radio package and or an extra Rx, you got one free, up to 2 free Rx. Now that I think about it I'm still waiting for my free recievers though. Wonder if they are on the TLR shipping plan?

ozboater
07-05-2008, 11:11 AM
I hear ya there. The 3R is on the pricy side, and since it only comes with one Rx you have to buy more for other vehicles or swap them around all the time. I got mine when Spektrum had the special offer on Rxs. If you bought a radio package and or an extra Rx, you got one free, up to 2 free Rx. Now that I think about it I'm still waiting for my free recievers though. Wonder if they are on the TLR shipping plan?

got my free receiver about a month ago... i hope yours isn t MIA... i d give them a call if i were you... good luck

chirotray
07-07-2008, 12:00 AM

There was research done that showed water blocked Spektrum signal a while back, but i think you'll be safe with rooster tails!!