PDA

View Full Version : Revolts on sale at tower hobbies

bdp1174
04-10-2013, 05:00 AM
I just got one christmas time when they had the last deal but thus one is even better.
After tower codes 169 for a rx-r revolt not too shabby.
209 for rtr plus 25 dollar rebate for merchandise

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXER**&P=ML

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBXEP**&P=ML

Good till friday.

Btw wildcat ep is only 125 after tower code also

jfrancisco892
04-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Supervee is only 200 as well.

jtphillips23
04-10-2013, 03:06 PM
What's the tower code? It said 249 when I look at it. Thanks

bdp1174
04-10-2013, 07:55 PM
010k5 gives u 30 off if you are not a super saver member if you are a member you can get 40 off with the code they send you monthly.There are some other codes on the homepage at tower the first promo in the middle of the screen.

jtphillips23
04-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Ok thanks for the help

jetskier
04-11-2013, 11:55 PM
Just order the silver one. Anyone try running Nimh battery on them? That's all I have at the moment. A pair of 5000mah and a pair of 4200mah

jetskier
04-17-2013, 07:55 AM
just got the Revolt last nite. took off all hardware and silicone all bolts. one complaint.. the battery tray is as thin as a disposable paint roller tray.

lenny
04-17-2013, 08:07 AM
They will work, But you will find lipo's are the best thing you could do for the boat.
And 5.5 bullets all the way.

Just order the silver one. Anyone try running Nimh battery on them? That's all I have at the moment. A pair of 5000mah and a pair of 4200mah

jetskier
04-17-2013, 09:56 AM
Thanks

D for Dummy
04-17-2013, 05:05 PM
I run a pair of 2s (1p) 6000mha 35c with the GrimRacer 45x68. FUN Fast Boat. I just need to figure out a replacement for the rubbish battery tray....

lenny
04-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Can you post some pictures of the inside of the hull and setup ?
Why not just mount velcro straps to the hull ?
It would lower the CG to and help keep it up right in a flip to.

jetskier
04-17-2013, 07:56 PM
ran it today with my pair of Duratrax 5000mAh nihm batteries. boat runs excellent with out any adjustment made yet. nite and day compare to the SV27 just the battery life was short. can wait for my lipos to get here.
They will work, But you will find lipo's are the best thing you could do for the boat.
And 5.5 bullets all the way.

J.W. Pepper
04-24-2013, 05:35 AM
I run a pair of 2s (1p) 6000mha 35c with the GrimRacer 45x68. FUN Fast Boat. I just need to figure out a replacement for the rubbish battery tray....

Crazy ain't it?? Mike designs a really nice boat, puts a sick a$$ hardware package on the transom and then the Hobbico bean counters come and ruin all his hardwork by putting a flemsy POS battery tray in it.

Rather than trying to re-engineer the interior of a boat I choose to get a PB IM-31 instead, comes with a nice strong 1/4" wood interior.

I'm at AQ's website -> Revolt -> gallery - and took a look at this pic... http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/aqub24xxbi01g-lg.jpg and came up with an idea. Go here... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Wire+%26+Connectors+%26+Shrink+Wr ap&sortby=3 and scroll down aways. *Steve's got both glass and CF batt trays. If your running a single 4S, fabricate a couple / three v-blocks out of balsa, epoxy them to the tray and mount the whole mess in the middle of the hull.

If your running a pair 2S batts, get a pair of trays and mount one to each side of the interior. I would arrange / mount them so they're as close to the keel as possible without the batts rubbing against each other. Hope that all makes sense, it's getting late.

* oops.. be sure to remove the stock battery tray first:doh:

dirtnsnowrider
04-25-2013, 10:09 PM
These babies are on sale again till may 17th. 199.99 for the artr I think I may pick up another one.

jetskier
04-26-2013, 06:57 AM
act fast, can't even find it used for that price. and with a $25 parts credit

D for Dummy
04-30-2013, 02:32 PM
Larry's Performance is my LHS, saw them for $249 RTR. Wow... I'm thinking another silver/red/black one to match my Motley Crew boats. I ran my Aquacraft Revolt 30 against a brand new Proboat Impulse 31 and beat him with speed and handling. Although, the Impulse 31 looks nice in black it just doesn't have it like my Revolt 30. Later in the day he made contact with another boat and squashed his hull pretty good. I heard the Blackjack 29's are like eggshells, but holy smokes one contact and his hull was toast!

Another reason I'm very happy with my Aquacraft products, the boats are a quality product and when I've needed assistance, the customer service has been awesome.

J.W. Pepper
05-01-2013, 12:00 AM

Here's a perfect pic of the mod I suggested in post #13 above... http://forums.offshoreelectrics.com/showthread.php?41049-Aquacraft-revolt.

J.W. Pepper
05-01-2013, 12:30 AM
Larry's Performance is my LHS, saw them for $249 RTR. Wow... I'm thinking another silver/red/black one to match my Motley Crew boats. I ran my Aquacraft Revolt 30 against a brand new Proboat Impulse 31 and beat him with speed and handling. Although, the Impulse 31 looks nice in black it just doesn't have it like my Revolt 30. Later in the day he made contact with another boat and squashed his hull pretty good. I heard the Blackjack 29's are like eggshells, but holy smokes one contact and his hull was toast!

Another reason I'm very happy with my Aquacraft products, the boats are a quality product and when I've needed assistance, the customer service has been awesome.

I ran my Aquacraft Revolt 30 against a brand new Proboat Impulse 31 and beat him with speed and handling...

Are you running the stock 1800Kv or the UL-1's 2030Kv motor??

The Revolt has adjustable trim tabs... http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/aqub24xxai03l-lg.jpg - from the factory....

The IM's (V1 & V2) do not... see attached pix (sorry couldn't do links to the pix @ PB's website), you have to add these adjustable trim tabs... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-spdt-150 - to the IM's before you can compare they're handling to that of the Revolt's.

The Revolts have a flimsy plastic battery tray as you pointed out in post #10; the IM's come with a nice solid wood interior.

...and when I've needed assistance, the customer service has been awesome... It's a LD call & they're closed on weekends. HH cust serv toll free, open weekends and just as helpful as Hobby Service's.

If you're going to compare 2 different brands of boats, please be fair & balanced and take all factors into consideration - thank you.

jetskier
05-01-2013, 06:09 AM
any type of comparison should be stock out of the box or out of the dealership in the same class of course as with Kawai SXR800 vs. Yamaha SuperJet, Chevy Camero vs. Ford Mustang, and etc. you can't add any aftermarket parts due to the fact that it can't be control. unless you go full out and mod with everything you can find, that brings the comparison to another level and $$$.
I ran my Aquacraft Revolt 30 against a brand new Proboat Impulse 31 and beat him with speed and handling...

Are you running the stock 1800Kv or the UL-1's 2030Kv motor??

The Revolt has adjustable trim tabs... http://www.aquacraftmodels.com/boats/aqub24-revolt30/aqub24xxai03l-lg.jpg - from the factory....

The IM's (V1 & V2) do not... see attached pix (sorry couldn't do links to the pix @ PB's website), you have to add these adjustable trim tabs... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ros-spdt-150 - to the IM's before you can compare they're handling to that of the Revolt's.

The Revolts have a flimsy plastic battery tray as you pointed out in post #10; the IM's come with a nice solid wood interior.

...and when I've needed assistance, the customer service has been awesome... It's a LD call & they're closed on weekends. HH cust serv toll free, open weekends and just as helpful as Hobby Service's.

If you're going to compare 2 different brands of boats, please be fair & balanced and take all factors into consideration - thank you.

metoo
05-19-2013, 04:27 PM
I missed all these great prices, but Omnimodels has the RxR for 185 and RTR for 235 shipped. That's the best deal I could find, so I made the order. If I see Tower or anyone else offing an RxR for $165, I'll get another one for guests (friends).

The Impulse is nice and all, but it's nearly cost twice the price. I can deal with the flimsy battery tray. It won't cost $150 to fix that. Plus you have to spend more on the IM if you want the same handling adjustments. If there was noticeable performance advantage other than being 6S compatible out of the box, I cost see paying the extra coin for the Impulse. I'm new to FE, but I've been looking at them for a few months now, and the Revolt seems to be the best value in the 29-31" class, including the Spartan which is larger.

jetskier
05-19-2013, 06:14 PM
I missed all these great prices, but Omnimodels has the RxR for 185 and RTR for 235 shipped. That's the best deal I could find, so I made the order. If I see Tower or anyone else offing an RxR for $165, I'll get another one for guests (friends).

The Impulse is nice and all, but it's nearly cost twice the price. I can deal with the flimsy battery tray. It won't cost $150 to fix that. Plus you have to spend more on the IM if you want the same handling adjustments. If there was noticeable performance advantage other than being 6S compatible out of the box, I cost see paying the extra coin for the Impulse. I'm new to FE, but I've been looking at them for a few months now, and the Revolt seems to be the best value in the 29-31" class, including the Spartan which is larger.RxR for $165? Tower never had it that low, at least not that I know of. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0093p?&C=BBJ this is the best you'll see.

bdp1174
05-19-2013, 07:28 PM
After Tower discount for members (016n3) it brings the price down to 169 with free shipping still.

jetskier
05-19-2013, 07:59 PM
got ya.. members $30 off and non members $20
After Tower discount for members (016n3) it brings the price down to 169 with free shipping still.

Mike Caruso
05-19-2013, 08:08 PM
Best boat you'll ever own! And I paid list LOL

jetskier
05-19-2013, 09:01 PM
Mike,
what is Eagle Tree? I hear it a lot on this site.

lenny
05-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Hear you go,
It for tracking the setup info.
http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=etr-power-panel

Mike,

Mike Caruso
05-20-2013, 01:23 AM
Thanks Lenny

Mike Caruso
05-20-2013, 01:29 AM
Mike,

It is a Data Logger device with a down load port so you can tell what amp draw, rpm, mph, temp's and G-force with the add-on sensors. I what'd to know what difference a change made and not guess. It is removable so you buy it once and can install in different boats cars etc.

Tunda
05-20-2013, 05:34 AM
I have a brand new one never used if anybody wants one........

jetskier
05-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Just started RC boating..give me a couple more months, then it's time for me to squeeze every ounce of performance out it.
lol!!
I have a brand new one never used if anybody wants one........

iop65
05-20-2013, 07:05 AM
we can only dream off prices like that in europe!

a rtr costs around 430€ ,that's about 520 $

a rxr 320€ (387$)

there also very hard to find here ,you can buy a proboat in almost every lhs ,aquacraft is a real quest to find one

Mike Caruso
05-20-2013, 07:24 AM
Just started RC boating..give me a couple more months, then it's time for me to squeeze every ounce of performance out it.
lol!!

Also what I like is I take my laptop to the pond and read the data after every run. It will let you get everything out of the boat. I run two laps bring in the boat change a prop and toss it right back in two more laps you get the point.

metoo
05-20-2013, 12:29 PM

Well 169.95...or $170 as I call it, but then there is the 9.99 ($10) for the membership in order to get the free shipping. So now we are at $180. I didn't wanna fool with signing up for a membership I would likely only use once, constanlty getting emails from them, etc. , so I just spent the extra $5 and bought it from Omnimodels. But now, I'm contemplating getting another one, so in hind sight, maybe I shoulda got the first one from Tower. Oh well.

metoo
06-12-2013, 11:15 PM
For what it's worth, Hobbyzone on ebay is selling them for $199 shipped right now (RxR). I couldn't resist. I bought another one since none of my friends have boats. The next cheapest deal I've seen is $212 shipped, $215, then $255, and everywhere else seems to be $269 and up.

------
update

HZ and GravesRC raised their price back to $269, but there are still some RxR on ebay for $215 shipped.

Scooter B
06-16-2013, 03:05 PM

I'll also chime in on this one. My neighbor's Revolt 30 out performs my Impulse 31 across the board. Both boats bone stock running the exact same 4s batteries. The Revolt is faster, handles better, has better rough water capabilities, and drove away from a crash with my Impulse without a scratch....My impulse was nearly totaled. I did fix it, but it cracked like an egg - in about 8 places.
I like my Impulse, but the Revolt just out performs it hands down. Thinking about parting it out and picking up a rxr revolt for $199.

Evesniper
06-18-2013, 12:14 PM
BE sure to upgrade the flex cable.!!!! Mine was changed out before it even saw the bathtub on the Revolt :) I vouch for the OSE cables, I ran my MC for about a week on the stock flex. WOW cavitation machine!!! The OSE cable also seems to me, to hold on to grease better.