PDA

View Full Version : Record Trial, Flint MI, May 4 & 5

Terry Keeley
04-06-2013, 11:04 AM
The D2 opener is only 4 weeks away! :buttrock:

All IMPBA classes for SAW and 1/3rd Oval, 8am-dark. Come and go any time, flat $25 to register, run as often as time permits.

Map of Thread Lake, we're at the north end of Orville St., north of McKinley Park:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=113337667130853054781.0004832cfdb883985555f&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=42.9987,-83.672926&spn=0.012068,0.019205&z=16

M6 where we stay, under $40/nt:
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/motel_detail.aspx?num=1069&NOA=&aYr=&aMo=&aDa=&dYr=&dMo=&dDa=&CP=&TA=

Here's some pix from past events:
http://gallery.intlwaters.com/index.php?cat=10068

Come run the big water!

Chris Krawczyk's P Mono:

http://gallery.intlwaters.com/albums/userpics/10068/LSO.jpg

chris
04-06-2013, 02:05 PM
Wrong picture ,this is P-Offshore boat.

S mono testing in London.---- http://youtu.be/LAvqndJVAg4

Doby
04-06-2013, 03:46 PM
All electric boats look alike to Terry.

RaceMechaniX
04-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Terry,

I am going to try and swing out there if I am in Detroit that week working. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good water.

TG

madmikepags
04-06-2013, 05:53 PM
Hey Chris cheating again???? LOL Offshore needs a defined cockpit, there is no cockpit on that boat and if there is its too far forward!!!! Oh and man is it UGLY!!!!!

Doug Smock
04-06-2013, 06:35 PM
Offshore needs a defined cockpit, there is no cockpit on that boat and if there is its too far forward!!!! Oh and man is it UGLY!!!!!

It does kind of look like a Fast Electric suppository???:blink::wink:

Chris has got them running good though.:tiphat:

chris
04-06-2013, 06:40 PM
Hey Chris cheating again???? LOL Offshore needs a defined cockpit, there is no cockpit on that boat and if there is its too far forward!!!! Oh and man is it UGLY!!!!!

Namba new proposal takes out windshield or cockpit rule

"Rule E.2.b.i (Page 9)
Current:E. Specialty Classes
2. Offshore Classes
b) Hull Specifications
i) Offshore hulls must be a Deep-Vee (16 to 28 degree “V” angle or Offshore Catamaran type hull. The windshield or cockpit will be located no further forward than 65% of the hull’s length when measured from the transom.
Proposed:E. Specialty Classes
2. Offshore Classes
b) Hull Specifications
i) Offshore hulls must be a Deep-Vee (16 to 28 degree “V” angle or Offshore Catamaran type hull."

Chris

Ps. crossing finish line gets you points and frends

madmikepags
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Hmmm i thought they were just getting rid of the 65% rule?

Terry Keeley
04-07-2013, 09:55 AM
All electric boats look alike to Terry.

lol!

Terry,

I am going to try and swing out there if I am in Detroit that week working. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good water.

TG

Would be great to see ya again Ty! Plan for it!

Wrong picture ,this is P-Offshore boat.

S mono testing in London.---- http://youtu.be/LAvqndJVAg4

Pee, Zee, they're all "amp eaters" to me, until tech time that is! :noidea:

Oh, and the fastest toy boats on the planet!

keithbradley
04-07-2013, 02:43 PM
I'll be there, look forward to seeing everyone! :thumbup1:

Terry Keeley
04-23-2013, 01:38 PM
"Won't be long now"... :banana:

madmikepags
04-23-2013, 03:24 PM
hey terry when is the Northern Lights Open???

keithbradley
04-27-2013, 11:39 AM
...Looking forward to this...only a week away!

I'm looking for some advice here.
Last year I had some issues with my yellow DF Explorer cat going through the lights. I made multiple passes that didn't register. At first we thought it was my terrible driving and that I was too close to shore, but later on I made some passes that were further out and had the same problem. There were plenty of other boats that ran there and they did NOT have the same issue, so it was something with my boat. My boat DID make some passes that registered, but about half of them didn't.
Has anyone ever experienced this? I'm curious if it's color related...maybe if I put some vinyl stripes on the boat it would mitigate the problem?

Doug Smock
04-27-2013, 12:48 PM
It is not color related. It's likely due to it's low profile. Consider installing a "tail fin" etc. to get something up for the lights to see. (break the beam)

Chris Harris had to do that on all of his hydros, see pic. The CDs have to be careful not to get the sensors too close to the surface. Retrieve boat wake etc. Wet sensors can ruin your weekend.:wink:

Good luck!!

keithbradley
04-27-2013, 12:55 PM
I considered that, but thought that my boat was likely not the lowest among other riggers and hydros...It is relatively short from the water to the deck though, so I'll add some sort of fin to it and see if it helps.
Thanks.

Doug Smock
04-27-2013, 01:02 PM
I considered that, but thought that my boat was likely not the lowest among other riggers and hydros...It is relatively short from the water to the deck though, so I'll add some sort of fin to it and see if it helps.
Thanks.

Perhaps it just too dang fast!! LOL
Mr. Keeley is pretty sharp, you know, for a nitro guy.:laugh::tongue::wink:
He'll help you get it sorted out.
Looking forward to some paperwork fellas. Only had 34 applications show up yesterday.:tt2:

Terry Keeley
04-27-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks.

Think the roostertail is what trips the beams most of the time, maybe your boat and rooster are pretty stealthy? :confused2:

We'll put the beams as low as possible but it might help to add a little fin if it's not too much trouble.

See ya next weekend! :rockon2:

keithbradley
04-27-2013, 06:16 PM
maybe your boat and rooster are pretty stealthy? :confused2:

No, just a regular boat...here's a pic:

http://i624.photobucket.com/albums/tt328/keithbradley/65343d20-f1b0-4e08-9e56-ce77665ed2b6_zps4755511b.jpg (http://s624.photobucket.com/user/keithbradley/media/65343d20-f1b0-4e08-9e56-ce77665ed2b6_zps4755511b.jpg.html)

Terry Keeley
04-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Lol!

Rocstar
04-27-2013, 07:57 PM
See everyone there. :cool2:

Terry Keeley
05-03-2013, 08:00 AM
Got into Flint last night about 5pm, was sunny and 80*. Stopped by Mark Stein's place to pick up the retrieve boat, he installed new bearings and hubs on our trailer, thanks Mark! He's also got a surprise for our contestants if he gets it finished in time.

FAST member Mike Nowicki's on his way over and we'll get the course in.

Weekend weather looks pretty good, that big stationary front will keep things nice, no need for your snowsuit!

See ya on the weekend. :rockon2:

Doug Smock
05-03-2013, 11:52 AM
Good luck fellas!!

T.S.Davis
05-03-2013, 01:14 PM
A few of us MMEUlligans will be up Saturday to hang wit cha's.

Rocstar
05-03-2013, 01:27 PM
A few of us MMEUlligans will be up Saturday to hang wit cha's.
Look forward to meeting you.

T.S.Davis
05-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Look forward to meeting you.

haha Don't believe what they tell you. It's much worse in person.

I think Ball is trying to get there to snag the few records Fred and I have left. He has plenty of speed and skill to do it. Should be a slam dunk. I may bring some motors with me in case he doesn't have enough gogo.

Chilli
05-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Let's hear some good news folks!!

Rumdog
05-06-2013, 01:35 PM
Yeah, let's hear it!!!

T.S.Davis
05-06-2013, 02:03 PM
I know Mike Ball hit a 24.506 in Q Sport and did a 30.749 with his Limited sport. That's all I got.

Chilli
05-06-2013, 05:07 PM
I heard on the gas site that Keith had some triple digit cat runs. No Limited classes for trials in the IMPBA Terry.

T.S.Davis
05-06-2013, 07:58 PM
No tripple digit records for twin cats either are there?

Terry will let you run anything you want that isn't a violation of the safety rules. Well.......I think he will. So the Limited runs were unofficial fer the fun of it. If it was fast enough for P sport he could have applied for that I suppose. I think you hold that record right now.

Impressive to me is that Mikes numbers for Q were quicker than the current S and T records. It's just his heat setup too.

Chilli
05-06-2013, 09:15 PM
Q, S and T can run twins in the IMPBA. There is one obscure rule you have to be careful of though. The batteries in a twin set up all have to be connected together in series and parallel to form "one pack". You cannot run one pack to one motor and a second isolated pack to the other. Freaking IMPBA.. :hide: LOL

That's cool Terry lets everyone run. It's all about having a good time. I did take the current P-Sport Hydro Ovals records last month. I think I took it from some guy named Davis... LOL. The record is still pretty soft. My boat was fast but wasnt cornering that well at speed.

Nice Job Mike!!

longballlumber
05-06-2013, 09:16 PM
Thanks for the kind words Terry. I am not going to lie about it; I was excited when Terry called out the time. I would have been happy with low 27’s and figured the boat had low 26’s if the guy holding the transmitter could drive a couple smooth laps. Your Q boat could have done the same if not better.

Your right though, it was nothing more than my heat racing set up. I could have done 8+ laps and still have some in the tank. Truth of the matter is there is plenty more in that boat. I think there is some ABC props that we could be put on and drop the time some more. Before that can happen that boat needs to be re-enforced along the sponson transom. As hard as we are throwing boats into the corner it’s trying to rip that sponson off. I am not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Later,
Mike

keithbradley
05-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the kind words Terry. I am not going to lie about it; I was excited when Terry called out the time. I would have been happy with low 27’s and figured the boat had low 26’s if the guy holding the transmitter could drive a couple smooth laps. Your Q boat could have done the same if not better.

Your right though, it was nothing more than my heat racing set up. I could have done 8+ laps and still have some in the tank. Truth of the matter is there is plenty more in that boat. I think there is some ABC props that we could be put on and drop the time some more. Before that can happen that boat needs to be re-enforced along the sponson transom. As hard as we are throwing boats into the corner it’s trying to rip that sponson off. I am not telling you anything you don’t already know.

Later,
Mike

Mike, I'm going to upload a couple of vids to youtube...I have one of your boat (unfortunately with the limited smooth conditions we had, I found myself scrambling to get my own boat ready during one of your runs). Do you want me to upload and post it here? Otherwise I can just email it to you.

Mike's driving skills were quite impressive. He held a great line around the course...something I'm sure I would never do!

Terry Keeley
05-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Just got back from Flint, dead beat as usual after one of our events.

Due to a stationary system we had an odd east wind most of the weekend which is bad for Thread Lake, we did however get some small windows early and late both days.

We have 2 applications to submit, Mike Ball in Q Sport Hydro 1/3rd oval at 24.506 sec, and Keith Kirchen for S Catamaran SAW at 2.056 sec. or 109.436 mph with a fast pass of 2.031 or 110.783 mph, congratulations guys!

Thanks to FAST members Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross without whose hard work and dedication these events just wouldn't happen.

Have some photos and video to post as I get a chance...

longballlumber
05-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Mike, I'm going to upload a couple of vids to youtube...I have one of your boat (unfortunately with the limited smooth conditions we had, I found myself scrambling to get my own boat ready during one of your runs). Do you want me to upload and post it here? Otherwise I can just email it to you.

Mike's driving skills were quite impressive. He held a great line around the course...something I'm sure I would never do!

Hey Keith,

It was great meeting you and Joel. Do whatever is easier for you... For what it's worth, YouTube works for me. No worries on the vids, anything you were able to do was more than I could have done on my own.

Congrats to you as well by taking a record! I got a chance to see the 1 way pass of a 109... Wish I could have seen the second pass of 110. QUITE impressive!

Later
Mike

longballlumber
05-06-2013, 10:12 PM
Just got back from Flint, dead beat as usual after one of our events.

Due to a stationary system we had an odd east wind most of the weekend which is bad for Thread Lake, we did however get some small windows early and late both days.

We have 2 applications to submit, Mike Ball in Q Sport Hydro 1/3rd oval at 24.506 sec, and Keith Kirchen for S Catamaran SAW at 2.056 sec. or 109.436 mph with a fast pass of 2.031 or 110.783 mph, congratulations guys!

Thanks to FAST members Mike Nowicki, Mark Stein and Mikey Ross without whose hard work and dedication these events just wouldn't happen.

Have some photos and video to post as I get a chance...

HEY Terry! Thanks for everything you and the other FAST members do to keep this event going.

Later,
Mike

Rocstar
05-06-2013, 10:48 PM
Hey Keith,

It was great meeting you and Joel. Do whatever is easier for you... For what it's worth, YouTube works for me. No worries on the vids, anything you were able to do was more than I could have done on my own.

Congrats to you as well by taking a record! I got a chance to see the 1 way pass of a 109... Wish I could have seen the second pass of 110. QUITE impressive!

Later
Mike
Great meeting you Mike, congrats on the record and great driving!

Chilli
05-06-2013, 11:35 PM
Excellent job guys. Both records are equally impressive!! :buttrock:

Terry Keeley
05-06-2013, 11:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neVOIot2CC8

keithbradley
05-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Here's the 110.7mph run, Joel's entry for "best long jump", and the single run (no backup pass) from my Q-cat entry that ran out of daylight.
Only the first video was a record, unless you count the long jump...that had to be some kind of record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsa1FrzwzUg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7WlI-M89so

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSMTaXElV4o

Doug Smock
05-07-2013, 05:04 PM
:beerchug:Congratulations fellas!!!:beerchug:

Terry Keeley
05-07-2013, 05:55 PM
Got a few pix up:

http://gallery.intlwaters.com/thumbnails.php?album=1169

raptor347
05-07-2013, 08:52 PM
Good run Mike. I guess I better get serious about putting together a new Q sport boat.

longballlumber
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
:beerchug:Congratulations fellas!!!:beerchug:

Good run Mike. I guess I better get serious about putting together a new Q sport boat.

Thanks fellas,

It means a lot coming from boaters of your caliber! Actually, I appreciate the kind words from everyone!

Joel and Keith were nice enough to get some footage of my run. I appreciate you guys doing that knowing that you had your own boats too! Thanks guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phVPhq3uYzQ

Later,
Mike