PDA

View Full Version : Atomik/Steerix STRX-9 Neat lil boat

BILL OXIDEAN
03-28-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey guys, I'd like to turn you onto this mighty little micro.
I just ordered one, but I used to have the Joysway version and boy was it neat!
the little 280 slot car style motorscoots this little thing to real time speeds! Had to be doing close to 22mph!
I got so cozy, ! was actually doing sanction legal laps with it on my course!

This thing would make an Incredible pool toy worthy of getting 2 and racing the wife or kids!

http://www.atomik-rc.com/Steerix-STRX-9-RTR-RC-Boat.html
Steerix is a division of Venom/atomik

DMC04
08-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Resurrecting an old thread here, but figured if someone else was researching this little boat....

Like many others here, long -time RC guy, new to boats. I was in my LHS looking for a larger boat, but couldn't decide. So one of these came home with me to hold me over. I had recalled seeing some good feedback on it. I have to say it's the best $60 I've spent in some time.

To date I've got just 5 packs through it, using it in our 20'x36' pool. But definitely quick and fun in that space. Have the kids make some waves and it looks like a scale offshore racer going through the North Atlantic! Flipped for 30 seconds and it gets at most a little drop or two of water inside.

Pretty much does everything as advertised... Charges in 30-40min with the portable 8AA charger, runs about 6-8min, and certainly does turn better to the right. I pulled the drive shaft, cleaned it, and gave it a good layer of marine grease (probably would've been fine with what was on it from the factory), made sure all the screws were snug, and have just been charging it and running it.

In short, very pleased with it. We've had other "toy"RC boats in the past that cost nearly as much, and ended up being throwaways. This is definitely a nice item. I'd buy another, as my 6 and 9 year olds both enjoy it (and 6min goes by quick), but unfortunately these only come in one color. And I really want something at least cosmetically different. I think when the 9" ProBoats are out, I'll grab one, or perhaps one each of the deep-v and hydro.

BILL OXIDEAN
08-03-2013, 01:00 AM
Resurrecting an old thread here, but figured if someone else was researching this little boat....

Like many others here, long -time RC guy, new to boats. I was in my LHS looking for a larger boat, but couldn't decide. So one of these came home with me to hold me over. I had recalled seeing some good feedback on it. I have to say it's the best $60 I've spent in some time.

To date I've got just 5 packs through it, using it in our 20'x36' pool. But definitely quick and fun in that space. Have the kids make some waves and it looks like a scale offshore racer going through the North Atlantic! Flipped for 30 seconds and it gets at most a little drop or two of water inside.

Pretty much does everything as advertised... Charges in 30-40min with the portable 8AA charger, runs about 6-8min, and certainly does turn better to the right. I pulled the drive shaft, cleaned it, and gave it a good layer of marine grease (probably would've been fine with what was on it from the factory), made sure all the screws were snug, and have just been charging it and running it.

In short, very pleased with it. We've had other "toy"RC boats in the past that cost nearly as much, and ended up being throwaways. This is definitely a nice item. I'd buy another, as my 6 and 9 year olds both enjoy it (and 6min goes by quick), but unfortunately these only come in one color. And I really want something at least cosmetically different. I think when the 9" ProBoats are out, I'll grab one, or perhaps one each of the deep-v and hydro.

Guy, I've got you. If you wanna see that thing REALLY zing, stuff our 430mah 20c 7.4 lipo in! Vid soon! I'd say the thing is hittin about 19-24mph! That's fast for a palm sized boat!

Isn't it the darndest little thing? Runs in every way like a full scale rc boat.. Fast and real stable..

befu
08-03-2013, 09:12 PM
Been looking at this little thing, is it 11" overall and a 9" hull? Impressive.

What is the ESC capable of handling Bill? Some are saying a 10 min runtime, that is averaging about 1.5 amps to kill 0.260Ahr. Even 6 min puts you at 2.5 amps or less, dang good!

Brian

BILL OXIDEAN
08-03-2013, 10:13 PM
Been looking at this little thing, is it 11" overall and a 9" hull? Impressive.

What is the ESC capable of handling Bill? Some are saying a 10 min runtime, that is averaging about 1.5 amps to kill 0.260Ahr. Even 6 min puts you at 2.5 amps or less, dang good!

Brian

I got about 10mn runtime out of the 430mah lipo no prob : )
Temps were reasonable..

Southwest
08-04-2013, 09:36 AM

BILL OXIDEAN
08-04-2013, 02:46 PM
Here ya go boss :)
http://www.venom-group.com/20C-2S-430mah-7-4v-LiPO-JST.html?sc=9&category=19506

Sunday morn, I think I'll run my STRX-9

befu
08-06-2013, 09:50 AM
I got about 10mn runtime out of the 430mah lipo no prob : )
Temps were reasonable..

That is awesome. The video of you running it was nice. The radio range is fantastic!

I have several proboat mini-v's for the kids to play with and they are fine, as long as you keep them close. Always having radio issues with them.

Brian

Southwest
08-10-2013, 11:11 AM

Southwest
08-10-2013, 11:20 AM
boats.

SloHD
08-10-2013, 11:24 AM
Id be interested in hearing more about this little guy. Thinking about ordering one for the kids and the pool...

SloHD
08-11-2013, 12:08 PM
Ordered this little guy last night with the 430 lipo. Under $60 shipped for both. Can't wait to watch my son and daughter wheel it around the pool. :)

Southwest
08-11-2013, 12:46 PM
Saving space.

SloHD
08-11-2013, 01:03 PM
It says right on the site to contact atomik-rc.com for replacement issues or information. I'm pretty sure atomik is where you would register the warranty.

Southwest
08-11-2013, 03:46 PM

SloHD
08-11-2013, 03:58 PM
http://www.atomik-rc.com/Online-Registration-Form-Atomik.html

Southwest
08-11-2013, 04:11 PM

SloHD
08-15-2013, 12:04 PM
Why do you come back and edit out your posts? It's ok to ask questions bud. Nobody is going to think any more little of you. That's what this forum is intended to be, to help eachother out. So if someone has the same trouble you had, he looks at this thread, but he cant make any sense of our conversation because you came back and edited out your posts. There's no reason for you to be embarrassed about asking questions.

BILL OXIDEAN
08-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Contact Atomik for customer service on an STRX-9

Southwest
08-15-2013, 02:51 PM

Oberon
08-18-2013, 01:38 AM
Bill, a quick question about the 280 motor you mentioned above. You probably know that there are several different spec 280 motors, which one did you use ? TIA.

BILL OXIDEAN
08-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Here's a vid of my STRX-9 all stock running 430mah lipo : )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y40OPPloiGs&feature=youtu.be