PDA

View Full Version : new speed control broken???

rockford
03-27-2013, 07:51 PM
So I just got a revolt and soldered up my battery connectors and i put my futaba 4pl radio in and went to test it out and it beeps when you turn it on and when you hold the trigger it pauses and beeps like it says in the manual then does not do the 3 beeps and wont arm it self has anyone had this issue? i called auqacraft and he said it sounds like the speed control and is sending me a new one with no questions im happy about that but am i doing something wrong?

Doby
03-27-2013, 08:20 PM
Mess around with your end point adjustments.....might fix the problem.

Heaving Earth
03-27-2013, 09:30 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the tactic radios must be set to reverse and throttle trim all the way up with the aq esc. And I believe the futaba radios require the same thing. What's your throttle channel set to?

Heaving Earth
03-27-2013, 09:32 PM
And you calibrated the radio to the esc right? I know it's obvious question but hey I gotta ask

longballlumber
03-27-2013, 10:53 PM
And you calibrated the radio to the esc right? I know it's obvious question but hey I gotta ask

With the aqua controllers it calibrates to your radio every time you plug in, that's why you need to go thru the "arming" sequence every time.

Like other have already mentioned; If your using a Futaba radio you must reverse the throttle and then you will need to mess with your end points until you, not only get the prop number of beeps, there is a proper tone you should be hearing too (higher pitch is correct tone).

Later,
Mike

Heaving Earth
03-27-2013, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah I forgot, it's been so long since I've had an aq esc. Heh

capnswanny
03-27-2013, 11:30 PM
I plug in batts, wait for the RX to pick up signal (evidenced by control of servo). <Motor Beeps> - Pull Full Throttle <Motor Beeps Once> - Push Full Reverse <Motor Beeps Three Times>
No sure if I *need* to full rev, but it worls for me.

Chilli
03-28-2013, 12:02 AM
If it's anything like the ul1 controller, you may have to do the servo reversing for the throttle as mentioned above plus you are going to have to play with the Neutral trim or subtrim before you find the sweet spot where the controller arms.

rockford
03-28-2013, 12:19 AM
I did do the servo reverse on my controller but didn't work I will try the other things mentioned tomorrow I also tried the traxxas controller I have and that gave me the same results except two times when I tried it without reversing the throttle it spun the motor full throttle and had to quickly disconnect the battery's

rockford
03-28-2013, 03:02 PM
I plug in batts, wait for the RX to pick up signal (evidenced by control of servo). <Motor Beeps> - Pull Full Throttle <Motor Beeps Once> - Push Full Reverse <Motor Beeps Three Times>
No sure if I *need* to full rev, but it worls for me.
i tried doing what you said with the full reverse the manual does not say that but here is what is happening i plug the batteries and do full throttle it beeps then full reverse it beeps then full throttle and beeps 3 times and sometimes when i mess with throttle trim it will engage the throttle as im letting of the throttle after the third beep but once you move it like a quarter throttle nothing will work

Heaving Earth
03-28-2013, 05:00 PM
throttle set to reverse, throttle trim kranked. plug in esc, beep, pull trigger to full, one beep, release to nuetral, 3 beeps, now its done. is this what youre doing with no success?

bob_t
03-28-2013, 06:03 PM
Now you have me wondering .... I never connected a battery to mine yet. Only had it out of the box to remove the prop for S/B. I bought mine as an RTR, so, when I get home tonight, guess what I am going to do :doh:. My PB Impulse 31 arrived with a bad rx that was stuck in bind mode ... would have never expected that, so getting a bad esc is not that much different, just a "different" piece of electronics. Glad to hear that they are sending new one without a lot of drama.

rockford
03-28-2013, 06:37 PM
throttle set to reverse, throttle trim kranked. plug in esc, beep, pull trigger to full, one beep, release to nuetral, 3 beeps, now its done. is this what youre doing with no success?
if i only pull the trigger once to full throttle it will beep but when i release to neutral it dont beep i have to do full reverse and it will beep then full throttle again then three beeps and when you let go to release into neutral it bumps to motor over and then nothing. I usually have good luck with my r/c stuff the only other time i had a problem was the day i got my summit i was driving if and for like the first 5 min and noticed the the front diff was messed up well the pinion sheared where the driveshaft bolts but traxxas sent me a new one asap

rockford
03-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Now you have me wondering .... I never connected a battery to mine yet. Only had it out of the box to remove the prop for S/B. I bought mine as an RTR, so, when I get home tonight, guess what I am going to do :doh:. My PB Impulse 31 arrived with a bad rx that was stuck in bind mode ... would have never expected that, so getting a bad esc is not that much different, just a "different" piece of electronics. Glad to hear that they are sending new one without a lot of drama.
i guess stuff happens when they are mass produced lol oh well im still waiting for my grim racer balancer anyways so its not going to be used regardless. next i think i will get a pb mg2 its such a sweet looking cat

bob_t
03-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Ok, plugged in batteries and it works fine :thumbup1:

rockford
03-28-2013, 10:44 PM
Ok, plugged in batteries and it works fine :thumbup1:
so yours is just plug in batteries then beep full throttle beep neutral then 3 beeps and good to go?

capnswanny
03-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Do you have a different TX/RX you can plug in to test...maybe one of the Traxxas setups?

so yours is just plug in batteries then beep full throttle beep neutral then 3 beeps and good to go?

Heaving Earth
03-28-2013, 11:05 PM
Post #9

capnswanny
03-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Dang....I'm one of them!
<blush>

rockford
03-28-2013, 11:21 PM
i think im just going to have to wait and see if the new esc does the same thing or not was hoping it was a setting issue the i could have a spare

lenny
03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
Post #9,
I am pretty sure,
It is a tx and program problem.
If the motor ran two times at high rpm's.
I had that happen to me a very long time a go.
I think the esc is seeing the tx in the neutral position, As high throttle.
And not as neutral position.

capnswanny
03-28-2013, 11:53 PM
One last thought...don't mean to offend...these ESC only work on 4S...wanted to double check that's what you're plugging in.

longballlumber
03-29-2013, 12:04 AM
You shouldn't need to buy another controller. You simply need to work with the settings in your controller. I would suggest this... (assuming your still using the Futaba radio)

1. Make sure you have your throttle reversed
2. Plug in batteries and you will hear one beep (higher pitch)
3. You will pull to full throttle you should hear another beep (same tone) IF NOT keep the throttle pulled and change your throttle trim and End Point Adjustments (EPA) until you hear that beep.
4. once you find the right setting and you hear the beep go to neutral and you will hear three beeps.

This process will take some time, lots of trial-n-error, and you will be unplugging and re-plugging in the battery a lot. Once you get the right settings, write them down so you don't forget.

Later,
Mike

bob_t
03-29-2013, 08:17 AM

Yes, that is it, exactly. I have the "stock" Tactic rx/tx, and from what I read on this forum, I set the throttle trim at 2:00 (it was already at that position, right out of the box, but I checked anyways). Plugged in batteries ... beep, pulled trigger to full throttle ... beep, back to neutral ... beep, beep, beep, pulled trigger and prop spins and steering works. Tried throttle a couple of times (based on what you said your's did, above), and it worked as expected every time.

rockford
03-29-2013, 08:03 PM
One last thought...don't mean to offend...these ESC only work on 4S...wanted to double check that's what you're plugging in.
yes two 2s packs in series for 4s

rockford
04-01-2013, 11:22 PM
So another member here walked me through setting it up and turns out its not broken and seems to work perfect but before all that i talked aquacraft and he said it was bad and sent me a new esc so i guess i will have a spare. its atleast good to know that auqacraft had good customer report on trying to help and sending out replacement parts

capnswanny
04-02-2013, 12:49 AM
For future reference....what ended up being the problem on both TX/RX?

lenny
04-02-2013, 01:15 AM
Malfunction in helmet in racing terms.:lol:

rockford
04-02-2013, 12:41 PM
For future reference....what ended up being the problem on both TX/RX?
Well I deleted the current model out my controller and stared from scratch and started by turning my trim down but didn't help so I turned my trims up and got basically all the to the end of the trim before it beeped correctly then it armed perfect

Heaving Earth
04-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Well I deleted the current model out my controller and stared from scratch and started by turning my trim down but didn't help so I turned my trims up and got basically all the to the end of the trim before it beeped correctly then it armed perfect

So trim cranked like I said 20 posts ago

rockford
04-02-2013, 08:52 PM
So trim cranked like I said 20 posts ago
yes you were right i just didn't think i needed the trim set that far (its all the way over to one side) and i didn't fully understand the esc and how it worked at the time