PDA

View Full Version : New To Forum, with Prop Question

JackHammer
03-25-2013, 07:01 PM
Hey I am new to the forum and like the title states, I have a question about props. I recently acquired an Aquacraft Hammer EP and upgraded the battery and controller system and was thinking about changing to a metal prop from GrimRacer. Can anyone here reccommend exactly what size prop, part number, I should run on this boat? Thank you for any help on this. The boat really flys and I think it may benefit somewhat by upgrading the prop, plus the metal ones look cool also!!!! While I am at it, anyone know of a good stand for this boat also, as I do not have the original plastic one. I like the Ettie one that is polycarbonite and carbon fiber, anyone know much about that stand?
Thanks again, looking forward to playing with my boat this weekend!!!!!

JackHammer
03-26-2013, 05:01 PM
Wow, anyone know the answer to my question about the prop? What size would fit an Aquacraft Hammer?

Make-a-Wake
03-26-2013, 05:32 PM
What is your "upgraded" system? Motor, ESC..................same brushed motor? If its the stock I'd suggest the Grim 36 x 55.

JackHammer
03-27-2013, 07:34 PM
All I have upgraded is the controller/transmitter to a Spektrum DX2E 2channel 2.4 GHz DSM system and upgraded the battery to a Traxxas 8.4v 3300MAH. The motor is the original 550 and the ESC was replaced with an Aquacraft one. The boat is a lot of fun as it is right now, but eventually, I would like to have it go faster. Will an upgrade to this prop make very much of a difference? Thank you for the reccomendation.

JackHammer
04-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Sent an email to the Aquacraft people asking about what size prop would be good to use and they said 36x55 would be to big, so now I am back to the drawing board. They say the original prop is 30mm, so if a 36x55 is too large, then what size would be best for a little more speed, or should I just stick with what I have?

jonjon00
04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Octura makes an X432 and X632. The stock pitch would be helpful to know as well to make sure you don't jump to high. You could also use an X435 cut down to 32mm which will be really close to being an X532 <-that they don't make, but might be the step you need.

JackHammer
04-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Just looked it up and the specs say, 30mm diameter, and the pitch is 1.65 which I am assuming is in inches, so that would be 41.91mm pitch or round up to 42mm. So I guess it is safe to say that the stock prop demensions are 30x42.

jonjon00
04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Those specs are the same as Octura's X430 so you shoud be plenty safe to go up one size to the X432. I would say based on your upgraded speed control you would be safe even going a step above that. Just remember the rules and make a test run and check temps (or current draw if have the ability) and you can tell if you have gone too far befoe you set a camp fire in the middle of the pond. I got lucky last time I decided the rules don't apply to me. I set the speed control on fire but it was inside a seperate radio box so the fire ran out of oxygen before the whole boat went. Good luck.

J.W. Pepper
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
Just looked it up and the specs say, 30mm diameter, and the pitch is 1.65 which I am assuming is in inches, so that would be 41.91mm pitch or round up to 42mm. So I guess it is safe to say that the stock prop demensions are 30x42.

Jack,
Hope you don't mind the interuption... I have a boat bout the size of the hammer that I'm working on. I got one each of these... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/products.php?cat=Octura+Plastic+Series

And a couple different sizes of these... http://www.offshoreelectrics.com/proddetail.php?prod=ose-2bld-3mm - your only talking bout $6~7 for all them.

That will give you a nice variety of props to work with to dial in your boat to your needs / taste's.

Mike Caruso
04-30-2013, 08:05 AM
Octura makes an X432 and X632. The stock pitch would be helpful to know as well to make sure you don't jump to high. You could also use an X435 cut down to 32mm which will be really close to being an X532 <-that they don't make, but might be the step you need.

Octura X series are highly overlooked X-642 is very good at any speed on my stock Revolt. Spend money on a few props and go out and have some fun.

JackHammer
05-01-2013, 11:11 AM
Hey thanks for all the input guys!!!!