PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth City SAWs

Doug Smock
03-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Congratulations Danny Schumbrecht!! ( Diegoboy)

Danny set a new N Catamaran record of 64.562 Mph.

Well done sir!

Doug

PS It's nice to see Catamaran instead of Tunnel isn't it? Thank you Mr. Harris!

Chilli
03-21-2013, 09:12 PM
Congrats again to Danny. Nice record during a weekend when mother nature wasnt cooperating. :thumbup1:

Thats great they changed Tunnel to Cat. I was thinking of suggesting that. I guess great minds think alike.... :olleyes:

Diegoboy
03-25-2013, 07:18 AM
Thanks Doug! Thanks Mike! Thank you to Kentley for all the help!! What I understand, my fast pass was 68.x
It wasn't the weather that slowed my return, it was my driving. :biggrin:
The name change makes it so much easier when outboard tunnel guys shorten the name to "tunnel" heck, I've done it myself.

egneg
03-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Congratz Danny !!!

Chilli
03-25-2013, 10:39 AM
You bring up a good point for those that have never done SAW's.

The driving is not as easy as it looks. I understand we're going to have a big crowd for Ovals. Should be awesome. See you guys next month!!

Diegoboy
03-26-2013, 01:06 PM
Thanks Chuck.
Mike, that is so true. SAWs are a totally different beast. Most conventional thinking has to adapt. I offset my drive line to compensate for prop walk and still, she walkes so much that she is trimmed with hard left rudder just to go straight on plane. Now I know this is because I'm over propped but for just two passes, I'm not stressing the power plant too bad. I have a plan to force her straight on plane with minimal left trim to reduce drag and break the 70mph barrier. Keep your fingers crossed I can improve my driving skills by then. Haha.

Fluid
06-29-2013, 08:56 AM
Nice record you have made and nice appraisal received. But if you go on Australian side, then this range become common one and there's a lot of difference for high scores. What? You mean that it is common for Australians to make two consecutive passes over 104 km/h with a 2S/7.4 volt catamaran? I find that very very difficult to believe.....especially since the AMPBA 4S/14.8 volt Tunnel record is 'only' 104.499 km/h.

Darin Jordan
07-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Nicely done, Danny! Hooked, I'm assuming!! ;)