PDA

View Full Version : New Revolt. Motor mount question

gfm1135
03-19-2013, 07:55 AM
I received my new Revolt from Tower yesterday. There is a small amount of play in the motor mount. I tried to tighten the 4 screws that attached the mount to the 2 wood blocks but they seem stripped. They can't be tightened anymore than they are. Is this small amount of play normal?

Also, the decals on the cowl are peeling and lots of air bubbles. I am a bit surprised at the lack of quality control.

Heaving Earth
03-19-2013, 08:01 AM
i dunno if its 'normal' but it shouldnt be there. a motor mount should be nice and tight

Casey
03-19-2013, 08:28 AM
Yes I agree, the mount is not solid and I’ve also noticed the screws want to strip. I think there are two problems, one is the hull is very thin and flex’s and the other is the wood the mounts are made from is very soft. My cowl sticker are peeling to. I emailed them about getting new stickers and they told me they don’t have any.

I have 4 other Aquacraft boats, SuperVee 27r, Rio EP, VS1 and a Top Speed 3, quality wise besides the Rio EP this is by far the worst. The hardware is great, the hull just seems cheap. I’m sure at some point it will fall apart and I’ll replace it with a Delta Force.

gfm1135
03-19-2013, 09:33 AM
They told me the same thing when I asked for replacement stickers. I asked if they could send new cowl but they said I would have to return the entire boat. I have already done some work to the boat and really don't want to send it back and wait a couple more weeks.

Not sure what to do about the motor mount.

MAMBA2200
03-19-2013, 09:38 AM
the motor has rubber mounts unless they have changed them mine had a little in it also i just changed the mount

gfm1135
03-19-2013, 09:45 AM
What did you use as a mount? I see from your prior posts that you repalced the motor. Fpor now, I am going to stick with the stock motor.

Grimracer
03-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Mind if I jump in.

The mount is designed to float. There are shoulder spacers under the screws inside the rubber grommets. As long as they are in place you will never make the mount tight by trying to "tighten the screws"

Its best to just let the mount float.. That’s what it was designed to do.

Grim

gfm1135
03-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Grim, thanks for the clarification on the mount. As far as the cowl stickers go, I am just going to remove them. I don't want to send entire boat back for that. Thanks again.

Casey
03-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Mike yes it floats with the spacers, but what i was talking about is the flex in the actually glass wrapped blocks. they seem to flex at the hull. it's fine for now, just doesnt seem like it will last. either way for the price you can't beat it!

Grimracer
03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Aha.. got ya.. it was the wood blocks stripping that I was thinking about.

Grimracer

jetskier
04-26-2013, 02:21 PM
notice 2 out of 4 on mine is striped at the wood. no big deal, drill the hole a little deeper, got some longer wood screws with same OD. Grimrace, please request longer screws for the mounts. it's not gonna cut too much into the profit margin. lol!! anyway it's a great RTR boat.

J.W. Pepper
04-26-2013, 06:54 PM
notice 2 out of 4 on mine is striped at the wood. no big deal, drill the hole a little deeper, got some longer wood screws with same OD. Grimrace, please request longer screws for the mounts. it's not gonna cut too much into the profit margin. lol!! anyway it's a great RTR boat.

You could also fill the holes with epoxy, let cure, drill small pilot holes and thread the screws in.