PDA

View Full Version : Aquacraft Vs1 with brushless conversion & eletronics

arnie84
03-17-2013, 12:32 PM
Aquacraft Vs1 with brushless conversion & eletronics. The boat & conversion r both NEW!!! The esc & motor r from my vs1 with only a few runs on them. Started too dissassemble part of hull for conversion, but Too many projects had it year & still sitting.

$325.00 shipped cont. USA only.

arnie84
03-17-2013, 12:45 PM
NO PM's I want do this by the RULES,,,

dirtnsnowrider
03-18-2013, 12:54 PM
That is my old VS-1 Hull, the radio baox has 1 big hole in the center and 2 small holes on each side of the big hole. I carved that half circle in the mount peg on the hull. Even my extra waterproofing in the front of the radio box is clearly visible. There are 2 small dowels cut and glued on top of the original darker pegs at the back of the boat. I was lazy and did not remove the sticker from home depot on the left side, which is also visible in the pic. Even my velcro tape and stckers are still on the boat. You bought it that way because I returned that hull to Hobbico in may 2012. The hull takes on water and is not water tight. As a result there is mold that grew inside the hull. That is the reason for the black areas around the front water box and the rear section where the nitro gas tank usually goes. The outboard leg assembly might be new but that hull is junk. I do not know how you were able to purchase that hull unless it was put up on Tower Hobbies scatch and dent area. Hobbico told me they were going to throw that hull away and send me a new hull. Hobbico should never have re-sold that hull.

dirtnsnowrider
03-18-2013, 01:07 PM
the first pic in this batch clearly shows the extra epoxy that is puffy and white in the front of the radio box, the same as in your pics.....

arnie84
03-18-2013, 02:16 PM
Ok well I so pissed off!!! I did buy from scratch & dent & it said new with some of the boat taken apart & missing parts. Should I call them & complane? I bin a member since 1991!!!

dirtnsnowrider
03-18-2013, 02:54 PM
I would definately call them about this. Explain to them that you had the hull for almost a year and never built it. When you posted it the original owner was a member of the site you posted it on and let you know that it was a defective hull that was returned in may of 2012. I am trying to locate the return invoice and their determination letter which stated they would replace the defective hull as they had tested and determined it to have significant defects throughout the hull that were from the factory. I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Let me know what I can do to help you out. They knew that hull was defective and still decided to sell it second hand. This pisses me off for the fact that the rc boating industry is being destroyed by practices such as these.

arnie84
03-18-2013, 03:12 PM
ok thank you. I need too look up & hopefully still have the invoice at home. Tower is saying the item they sent was listed as a glider which I have never owned or bought in my life!!