PDA

View Full Version : 41" Cat twin build

shctexas
03-17-2013, 10:43 AM
Ive jumped into the deep end of the pool and begun a twin cat build. It began with FC 41" Daytona purchased from an OSE member. The purchase included most of what was needed to complete the build: FC 110mm stingers, FC 1300kv out runners, in-hull pick-ups, collets, tubing counter-rotating "squared" flex cables and stuffing tubes, motor mounts and FC140amp ESCs. A reasonable person might go with the kit as purchased but not me. I had a Castle 1512 laying around and Ive always been a fan of the Hobbyking 180 escs......so I couldn't resist the CF. CF was added over all the seams and as far into the nose of the boat as was possible.

shctexas
03-17-2013, 10:52 AM
The stingers and rudder are installed.I went with in-hull pick-ups; prefer the look as opposed to cooling line coming off the rudder. The plan is each motor and ESC will have its own line which means a lot of exits! Overkill, probably but consistent with the rest of the build. Did I mention I was going to run 6s.

iridebikes247
03-17-2013, 10:56 AM
seaking 180s are great. That boat would go fast with a single and your setup this thing will be a monster.

shctexas
03-17-2013, 11:01 AM
This is how i envision the interior layout.

shctexas
03-17-2013, 11:09 AM
This whole thing is a "just to see if I can" kind of build. Hmmm, still working the bugs out of the picture posting operation. It should be amusing if nothing else. Im at the "commitment" phase of the build, positioning and shaping motor mounts and stuffing tubes.
The motors and cans are a tight fit; flex/stuffing tube alignment are always a concern. The goals is alignment and no motor contact with the hull. a bit more tricky than I thought.

shctexas
03-17-2013, 11:33 AM
I have 445 CNC counter-rotating props. These puppies are light!

Yep, the servo bracket is upside down. There was a push-rod clearance issue that was resolved by doing it this way. The rudder push-pull, again, a preference thing. A bracket was added to the front of the servo mount for cooling lines, one will be added to each side for a clean look. Im debating about how to run the cooling lines. Either aft, straight through the esc's or building an esc platform and running the cooling line underneath and connecting to the escs fore. The difference being where the cooling lines will exit. With the aft
entry they will exit at the batteries; fore, somewhere between the batteries and motor.