PDA

View Full Version : New to boats and few questions

Vman69au
03-16-2013, 09:02 AM
Hi Everyone

New guy here. Been into rc planes, helicopters and cars for a while. Came across a v2 Miss Geico at my LHS and had to have it. Such a nice lookin boat. Great forum this as well. Been doing lots of reading past week.

Had a couple of runs with her now and really enjoying it. I need more batteries though. I have some 5000 man 2s packs rated to 65c in it now. These run well. I need some more and see a few guys run 4s packs in parallel .

What size 4s packs fit well into Miss G ? Even the 5000 2s ones i have now are a tight squeeze to ge in. I don't want to buy packs I can't fit in. I will probably bet getting hobbyking turnigy packs. Any suggestions on 4s packs that fit would be great.

Also if I want a safe speed upgrade what is best option on stock boat ? I assume putting on a better prop other than stock plastic ones. Which prop is not oing to kill my stock esc ?

I already ordered a kinetic offset rudder kit as well and got rid of the deans plugs first thing. I prefer the xt60 plugs bu not sure if those will be ok in a boat. I have some 5.5 mm bullets on the way as well.

Any folks on here from Melbourne Australia ? If so where do you run your boats ?

Cheers
Chris