PDA

View Full Version : Classic Thunder Web Site Moved! IMPORTANT INFO!

Coug90
03-12-2013, 02:52 AM
We decided to dump our old site host company and cut bait due to their lack of customer service. We also have a new domain name that we will use from now on. We now have our official web site URL at www.classicthunder.us (http://www.classicthunder.us) instead of the old .org site. We are trying to still make contact with the old host company in order to take our old site down and redirect misled users to our new location until our contract with them runs out. Unfortunately, those who go to the old location will still see our dead site that can not and has not been updated for over a month now. Please help spread the word to those who may not have seen this email, update your links etc. At some point we hope to get the old host company to return our calls or emails so that we can take the old site down and redirect folks to the new address. It's been a big frustration, but we'll work through it and carry on knowing that we now have a better company to work with and control of our domain name. It's just a matter of cleaning up loose ends now. Thanks for your time.

Mitch Dillard
1:10 Scale Enthusiast & CT Vice Commissioner
hydroscale@gmail.com
1992 Tide
1955 Gale V

studioRS
03-12-2013, 12:27 PM
Thanks Mitch for the heads up on this, will update links.

I hate service providers that don't provide any service! Just trying to help here... Do you have access to the domain registration for www.classicthunder.org? If so, then you can do a URL redirect pointing to www.classicthunder.us and if not... FTP access to the server? Upload quick coding in the index html or .php coding that automatically forwards to the new site.

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<html>
<head>
<title>Your Page Title</title>
<meta http-equiv="REFRESH" content="0;url=http://www.classicthunder.us"></HEAD>
<BODY>
Optional page text here.
</BODY>
</HTML>

or

<?php

header( 'Location: http://www.classicthunder.us' ) ;

?>

Coug90
03-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Thompson, thanks for weighing in on this. Actually that is our whole problem in a nutshell. We were trying to contact the web host company after many years using them and can't get anyone to call us or email us back. We lost our FTP link and just need to have the ID and passwords reset. Sounds like a simple thing, right? The guy in our club who started the account in his name has also been trying and they just won't respond. I know that they changed servers three twice since we opened our account, so maybe we just have old info, but we never needed it until now. I changed operating systems to Windows 8 and had to reinstall my web editing software and can't recover the info. I had the info written down, but for whatever reason the old info doesn't link up. They should have at least responded to the guy who started the account, but nothing in over a month of trying. Our account runs out in June with them, so we just decided to start over somewhere else. I inherited the webmaster duties when another member quit unexpectedly and not very nicely several years ago and have been learning and doing it ever since. The other bad news I found out recently is that our domain name is registered under that guys name, though our old secretary treasurer paid for it for the club. He must have had that guy register the name when he took over the site. We have no idea how to reach that guy now, so we're out of luck on the domain name too. At least we control our new domain now and have a better host company now. It's just left us with the old site hanging out there. I just don't understand how you can run a company like that. I wish there had been a little more research done before the club signed up with them. Cheaper is not always better. Never us Ehostsource.com to host anything. I told our former Secretary Treasurer to write them a certified letter requesting the account be closed if the don't help us regain our FTP link info. One or the other will do. I bet they try and auto renew the account for another year when it runs out in a few months and he needs to protect himself from that since he opened the account using his credit card and name. It really sucks, but I guess some bad judgment calls were made when the site was was first established. I wish there was some help out there to resolve this issue, but right now I don't know what else can be done to get some help tying up loose ends. If anyone has any ideas, let us know.

Mitch